Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to pull trigger - Y or N on this car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 02:42 AM
997gr8
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

Do it.
Buy it.
Get the deal done.
As has already been mentioned, if prices go down, so too will you’re trade-in.
With the premium on your trade-in being 80% of the premium on the GT3 and with the sales tax benefit, it’s too good to miss.
A great spec GT3 in the colour you like, is too good to miss.
Enjoy it and DRIVE it!
Old 07-05-2021, 08:57 AM
KOTB
Banned

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Skullbussa
GT3 market is crazy but I've got some crazy offers for my 991.2 GTS as a trade in that takes a little bit of the sting out of it. Have a deposit on a 991.2 MT and literally moments away from buying.

MSRP $177k - 6 speed manual, FAL, Buckets, PDLS, extended tank, Steel brakes
PTS - Arrow Blue.
CPO with 2500 miles.
One owner car, european delivery, serviced at Porsche dealer who is the seller.
My price: $208k.

Am I insane?

DONT BUY IT!

Go ahead and test drive a 718 Spyder instead if you like wingless or the GT4 if you want to be the odd man out on the highway, most are selling around MSRP but I doubt this will last long! This way the price will be closer to what you are getting for your GTS and you will get to enjoy a far more superior car (in many ways but one) than the GT3.
Old 07-05-2021, 11:39 AM
CSLSuperfan
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
I glanced over you have a GTS to trade....do it....you're getting a super strong number on that car which offsets the "premium" you're paying on the GT3.....you'll regret it if you don't
Go for it

Pics or it never happened.
Old 07-05-2021, 03:04 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by KOTB
DONT BUY IT!

Go ahead and test drive a 718 Spyder instead if you like wingless or the GT4 if you want to be the odd man out on the highway, most are selling around MSRP but I doubt this will last long! This way the price will be closer to what you are getting for your GTS and you will get to enjoy a far more superior car (in many ways but one) than the GT3.
The 1 thing the GT3 is superior in(the engine) is worth the price of admission in itself.

Also, if he wants a GT3 and takes your suggestion, he’ll always wonder about the GT3, just to save a few bucks.
Old 07-06-2021, 01:08 AM
KOTB
Banned

Originally Posted by konaforever
The 1 thing the GT3 is superior in(the engine) is worth the price of admission in itself.

Also, if he wants a GT3 and takes your suggestion, he’ll always wonder about the GT3, just to save a few bucks.

I don't disagree with you, but I dont miss my GT3 or even the RS at times when I am driving my 718 spyder so I speak from experience....

also, food for thought, if someone was not concerned about saving "a few bucks" they would not posted this thread. Deciding on what people say on the forum to buy a particular car is clearly not very common on this forum and for good reason
Old 07-06-2021, 01:38 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

I don't disagree with you, but I dont miss my GT3 or even the RS at times when I am driving my 718 spyder so I speak from experience....

also, food for thought, if someone was not concerned about saving "a few bucks" they would not posted this thread. Deciding on what people say on the forum to buy a particular car is clearly not very common on this forum and for good reason
Well, having had a GT4 for three years (was the original owner, ordered, etc.), GT3 (997 and 991) > GT4/Spyder. Not really that close...

Last edited by BryanCO; 07-06-2021 at 01:39 AM.
Old 07-06-2021, 02:24 AM
KOTB
Banned

Originally Posted by BryanCO
Well, having had a GT4 for three years (was the original owner, ordered, etc.), GT3 (997 and 991) > GT4/Spyder. Not really that close...

are you talking about apples to apples here? i am not talking about 981 I am talking about a 718 and no one is saying its close, its the best and probably the closest you can get to a GT3 when you are on a budget granted with the right options my 718 Spyder is a hair shy of $140K which is close enough to the build of a lot of 991 GT3s
Old 07-06-2021, 04:47 AM
Skullbussa
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Deciding on what people say on the forum to buy a particular car is clearly not very common on this forum and for good reason
I understand your point. To be fair, my decision isn't relying on the input I gather here by itself - it was more of a gut check than anything else.. And yes, absolutely, I'm interested in "saving a few bucks" as you say...I would think most of us are. I could be wrong though!
Old 07-06-2021, 10:14 AM
KOTB
Banned

Originally Posted by Skullbussa
I understand your point. To be fair, my decision isn't relying on the input I gather here by itself - it was more of a gut check than anything else.. And yes, absolutely, I'm interested in "saving a few bucks" as you say...I would think most of us are. I could be wrong though!

a dollar saved is a dollar earned, there is nothing wrong with wanting to "save a few bucks"

Quick Reply: About to pull trigger - Y or N on this car?