Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 08:51 AM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 655 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
This is exactly 180 degrees opposite of my experience.
For the first time in 4 gt cars I ordered Steel Brakes and absolutely hate them.
Compared to the PCCBS I have had before on 997.2 GT3 and GT4 these steels have terrible feel, lack depth of breaking and I need to apply the peddle MUCH sooner than PCCBs.

I understand 99% of your argument is price stated in one way or another and agree, but I do not agree on peddle feel or braking depth
To be honest, feel is a personal thing, and everyone is different. The vast majority of the clients we deal with prefer the feel of iron. That could frankly just be because that's what they're historically used to using.
The number one way to alter brake feel tends to be pad choice, which tends to be a bit more limited with carbon ceramic.
In terms of depth of braking and when you apply the pedal, that depends on your tire choice and confidence. Brakes don't stop the car, they only transform the kinetic energy of the spinning discs into heat. Tires stop the car, and stickier tires give you a greater ability to leverage your brakes. All properly designed brake systems for a given chassis should provide roughly the same braking distances from X mph, on the first stop. Once you start doing repeated stops, is when the brakes show their strengths and weaknesses, and you'll start to see differences in stopping distances.
Regardless, I'm glad you found something you like! Many of our customers come to us after having tried a lengthy lists of other options, which can be extremely frustrating. That is the confidence factor I mentioned above, and has a huge impact on when you move to the brakes heading into a corner. When trying to set a fast lap time, there's no replacement for confidence in your brakes, as it allows you to carry your top speed longer everywhere on the track.
Essex Designed AP Racing Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kits & 2-piece J Hook Discs
Ferodo Racing Brake Pads
Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines
704-824-6030
jeff.ritter@essexparts.com

Old 04-20-2021, 10:45 AM
M3the01
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
Not sure what you're talking about with the front splitter. Any chance you confused the CS' splitter (a plastic piece with attachment points just like a Cup Car) with the 935
This one,

Old 03-05-2022, 10:54 PM
ElGrandetango
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by M3the01
Nope, oem for $10-13k... Source from germany. I will sell u mine, pulled fresh, $20k. I will sell u them continuously for $20k ;-).

Something is obviously up here... Not sure how destroyed so quickly.
Hey do you still have a way to get PCCB rotors from Germany, I saw you said you could get them for 13k? Trying to figure out some replacement for mine as they are getting towards the end of their life.
Might go with Surface Transforms or PFC.

Quick Reply: My GT2RS PCCB brakes issue