Sponsored by:

Lizard Green Vinyl or other

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 04:23 PM
mithiral67
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Lizard Green Vinyl or other

Hello all. Picked up a 2019 GT silver gt3 about 6 weeks ago and love the color. Had all my options I wanted but for the carbon fiber interior trim. I have an order out to DB Carbon to replace all the prices, but I want to add some personal touches to make it my car. As I love green (not just my favorite color, but love the color), I wanted to do some green accents on the pieces I buy to go under the carbon fibers clear coat, specifically the letting on the shifter **** and then the 12 o'clock dial mark. While the steering wheel could be painted, they really need to cut the shifter **** text from a vinyl piece.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a better match than this Oracal 651 Lime Tree Green? I found this at a local crafts store and compared it to the local RS. Its not spot on, but pretty close and swings yellower and green than the Lizard Green at times. But a more prefect match would be ideal. I can find online photos of vinyl colors, but without comparing to actual, you never know what you get. Thanks all.

Old 10-24-2020, 07:23 PM
Gasman85
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 30 Posts

That vinyl is the closest match I was able to find also. (I was looking to match pts gelbgrun which is very close to lizard) Considering it is going to be accent pieces and never in direct proximity to lizard green paint I’d say just go for it.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:29 PM
zmon
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 78 Posts

look online at metroresyling or fellers to find a color in vehicle wrap vinyl. (unless the 615 is but you said local crafts store..) also look at inoztek for colors if your having it professionally done. their vinyl looks amazing.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:17 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 140 Posts

Here's a color guide I use.

https://www.uscutter.com/ORACAL-Color-Guide

Lime Tree Green is what I found to be the closest as well.

Old 10-27-2020, 09:35 AM
mithiral67
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Gasman85
That vinyl is the closest match I was able to find also. (I was looking to match pts gelbgrun which is very close to lizard) Considering it is going to be accent pieces and never in direct proximity to lizard green paint I’d say just go for it.
Originally Posted by zmon
look online at metroresyling or fellers to find a color in vehicle wrap vinyl. (unless the 615 is but you said local crafts store..) also look at inoztek for colors if your having it professionally done. their vinyl looks amazing.
Originally Posted by awew911
Here's a color guide I use.

https://www.uscutter.com/ORACAL-Color-Guide

Lime Tree Green is what I found to be the closest as well.
Awesome, thanks. Yea, think i found my color. Looks close to perfect and like you noted, never next to an actual lizard green.

Quick Reply: Lizard Green Vinyl or other