Sponsored by:

Fitment Issue with Anti Gravity Lithium Battery

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2020 | 05:09 PM
gt3touring
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Fitment Issue with Anti Gravity Lithium Battery

I recently received my H6 Group 48 40Ah battery for my 991.2 GT3 Touring. I know a few of you have it on your 991 GT3s.

The issue is even thought I've got the battery pushed as far as possible in the lip (toward the passenger side) as possible, I cannot get the cleat to secure the battery.

Anyone else with an Anti Gravity battery have similar issues? I've tried to tilt the battery under the lip but still no luck.

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-22-2020 | 05:31 PM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Received 265 Likes on 147 Posts

Weird that’s the same battery size I have and fitment was just like stock.
Old 09-22-2020 | 10:08 PM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,201 Likes on 579 Posts

I also have the 40 and it fit perfectly. That's a real head-scratcher. Hopefully, Anti Gravity customer service will have an easy solution for you.
Old 10-02-2020 | 07:04 PM
iphilips
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

I have the same setup. No fitment issues.
Old 10-03-2020 | 04:57 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 315 Posts

Are saying there is no bolt hole at that position of the battery holding clip?
Old 10-04-2020 | 06:55 PM
gt3touring
Instructor

Originally Posted by PCA1983
Are saying there is no bolt hole at that position of the battery holding clip?
The reason it doesn't line up is because the Anti Gravity battery is 11" vs 10.8" for the Porsche H6 AGM battery. So while there is a hole, it doesn't line up perfectly. It seems some are able to get the bolt in there to secure the battery cleat, I was not able to on the first Anti Gravity battery I tried. Luckily, I had a second Anti Gravity battery that one fit but it was a very close fit and barely got the bolt back in there.

It seems that I'm not the only one having this issue. I found this video on YouTube where this member also had fitment issues. While the 991 Turbo is an H7 size, it seems that Anti Gravity battery cases are slightly larger than Porsche H6/H7 sizes.

I ended up having issues and returned my battery to Anti Gravity. But that's for another thread.

Old 10-04-2020 | 08:48 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,349 Likes on 712 Posts

Originally Posted by gt3touring
The reason it doesn't line up is because the Anti Gravity battery is 11" vs 10.8" for the Porsche H6 AGM battery. So while there is a hole, it doesn't line up perfectly. It seems some are able to get the bolt in there to secure the battery cleat, I was not able to on the first Anti Gravity battery I tried. Luckily, I had a second Anti Gravity battery that one fit but it was a very close fit and barely got the bolt back in there.

It seems that I'm not the only one having this issue. I found this video on YouTube where this member also had fitment issues. While the 991 Turbo is an H7 size, it seems that Anti Gravity battery cases are slightly larger than Porsche H6/H7 sizes.

I ended up having issues and returned my battery to Anti Gravity. But that's for another thread.

suspect it was install related. I’ve personally installed two of the H6 antigravity batteries into two different 991.2 GT3 with no fitment issues
Old 10-05-2020 | 03:21 AM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,068 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by gt3touring

Gt3 Touring, I'm sorry you had a fitment issue, but please understand out H6 battery fits all Porsches... the battery size is absolutely within specifications, it is not LARGER or anything like that. It is made to the BCI and DIN Standards and well within the tolerance for Plastic injection molding. In fact you will find many of the H6 models listed by Interstate and other brands listed as 11" Long. As we explained to you the only thing we could suggest was making sure the Lithium Battery's footer slid under the battery trays lip enough to get it into place. Some Porsche battery trays have that sheetmetal lip bent lower/tighter, so you have to push the battery firmly to the left for its footer to slide under the battery trays left-side lip. Sorry if that did not work, but all we could do was offer to refund you and we in fact paid shipping back to us.

So you can better understand... our Antigravity H6 Battery Case is made to the dimensions of the BCI and DIN (Battery Council International and DIN is the German Industrial Standards). Both the BCI and DIN standards state the battery size for the H6 aka Group 48 aka L3 Battery (all the same battery) is 278mm LONG x 175mm DEPTH X 190mm TALL. Our Battery absolutely meets those dimensions within the tolerances of Plastic injection molding which is +/- 2.5mm over 12 inches roughly. Per you picture our Battery was 11" long, whereas your Lead/Acid Battery was 1/8" less long. But the fact is our Battery is only 1.4mm longer than the BCI/DIN spec'd size.... and another of our batteries might be 1mm shorter than the 278mm standard... its all well within the Plastic molding tolerances. Another fact is that H6 Batteries are generally said to be 11", you can verify this by going to Interstate and other Battery companies because that is sort of what the standard is for the H6 size is. Last to demonstrate how these measurements vary, according to the the images you show your battery is at 10-7/8" that would be 1.8mm SMALLER than what at H6 should be.... that is in fact smaller than other Lead/Acid batteries in our shop so that is also odd...but neither of these measurements are wrong, they are both within the tolerances of a Batteries molding.

To further demonstrate how serious we take any complaints we opened 10 boxes and measured H6 batteries, and then we pulled the Battery out of my GT3. We then compared them to the 3 H6 Lead/Acid Batteries we have in our warehouse... A Banner H6 directly out of my GT3RS, an Interstate H6, and a Walmart Everstart Platinum H6.... The Lead/Acid and our our Antigravity H6 were within 2mm of each other with the Interstate Battery actually being the longest at 11-1/16" . So I can say without question our batteries are accurate to the H6 size and are NOT larger at all. While there can always be an anomaly the fact is I have the same 11" H6 in my GT3RS and I still have about 1/8" play in either direction.

Anyway I'm sorry you fitment didn't go well, I have no idea what is going on.

Last edited by Antigravity; 10-05-2020 at 03:24 AM.
The following users liked this post:
docjohnM (10-06-2020)
Old 10-05-2020 | 07:05 AM
gt3touring
Instructor

No issues with Scott's service and commitment to the product. I wish it worked out as I loved the weight savings. As I said, I got the second battery to fit.

My thread was to see if others had the same issue or if I was making a stupid install mistake or missing something. I'm not a car battery expert so I trust what Scott is saying.

Like others have chimed in, they got it to fit.

Old 10-06-2020 | 12:15 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 315 Posts

I'd put the bracket in a vice or hold with vice-grip pliers, put a bit in my drill a bit bigger than the bolt, and make that bracket hole a little oval, removing steel from the side towards the battery, until I could start and tighten the bolt properly. Pretty simple, from what I see.

Old 10-06-2020 | 10:20 AM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 263 Likes on 162 Posts

What's the advantage of an anti-gravity battery?
Old 10-06-2020 | 12:44 PM
M3the01
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by parkerfe
Weight, 20-30lbs lighter, and its got an emergency reserve.
Old 10-07-2020 | 12:59 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,068 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by parkerfe
In addition to the weight savings as mentioned, you also have a built in battery management system to protect the battery form over discharge as well as over charging along with thermal protections...and as mentioned the built in reserve which is our Re-Start feature and can be engaged via a wireless remote keyfob (no more getting locked out of the frunk) Lithium batteries also provide a longer life in regards to cycles so you should be looking at an 8-10 year lifespan. Lastly, in regards to performance they provide a much stronger and consistent crank for starting.
As always, please feel free to reach out to us directly with any questions you might have.
Best regards,
Chad
chad@antigravitybatteries.com
Old 10-07-2020 | 01:42 PM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 263 Likes on 162 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Antigravity
In addition to the weight savings as mentioned, you also have a built in battery management system to protect the battery form over discharge as well as over charging along with thermal protections...and as mentioned the built in reserve which is our Re-Start feature and can be engaged via a wireless remote keyfob (no more getting locked out of the frunk) Lithium batteries also provide a longer life in regards to cycles so you should be looking at an 8-10 year lifespan. Lastly, in regards to performance they provide a much stronger and consistent crank for starting.
As always, please feel free to reach out to us directly with any questions you might have.
Best regards,
Chad
chad@antigravitybatteries.com
What's the cost for one for a 991.1 GT3?
Old 10-07-2020 | 01:47 PM
n3rd
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 42 Posts

I suspect your battery isn’t sitting in the right place or a bracket isn’t seated. Just wiggle the battery or remove and reinstall and it will fit like a glove.

Quick Reply: Fitment Issue with Anti Gravity Lithium Battery