Sponsored by:

Anyone traded in 991.2 gt3rs recently

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2020, 05:02 AM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by horns
I daily drove a gt350 and gt350r (still have the latter). They are a riot. As mentioned above, the materials are not Porsche level, but the sound alone is epic, the engine loves to rev, it's a MT, and stock vs stock is every bit as entertaining as the GT cars if you can overlooking the materials. I haven't tracked the Shelbys (even missed both of the free track experiences unfortunately), but i don't skip the 350R drive to get to the P cars in my rotation. The 350(R) may not be for all Porsche owners, but i recommend at least giving one a look.
yes the 350 and 350R are a hoot and fun and sound amazing but the engine is not perfect, even though its exhaust was designed by a sound erotic engineer professor... it revs to over 8200 rpm but is a little rough and has uneven power delivery. For $60k it's an unmatched deal but don't fool yourself not GT3 level
Old 09-13-2020, 06:28 AM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by n d
So I went to drop the car off and guess what I decided I couldn’t do it..... I’m gonna need a few more days to think about it.... I have an unhealthy love for this car!

i have a 992 turbo s coming in November and I figured I’ll sell the rs for a gt4 but I feel like it’s a huge downgrade.
If you are not tracking the RS... I would do it. I sold GT4 to get the RS. Awesome car but too much for the road for me... GT4 was more fun on the road, should have kept it and just fixed the gearing.

Last edited by sunnyr; 09-13-2020 at 06:31 AM.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:36 AM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by n d
So I went to drop the car off and guess what I decided I couldn’t do it..... I’m gonna need a few more days to think about it.... I have an unhealthy love for this car!

i have a 992 turbo s coming in November and I figured I’ll sell the rs for a gt4 but I feel like it’s a huge downgrade.
They are heading in one direction. No rebound.
I won’t get into the discussion of GT3 vs GT4, manual vs PDK, etc,I drove them all on track , my favorite is the Slow shifting low hp car.
Drive what works for you, not the forum.
The following users liked this post:
kyrocks (09-13-2020)
Old 09-13-2020, 10:46 AM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by sunnyr
If you are not tracking the RS... I would do it. I sold GT4 to get the RS. Awesome car but too much for the road for me... GT4 was more fun on the road, should have kept it and just fixed the gearing.
I too was dumb enough to sell my 981 GT4, but found my way back into a 718 GT4. With the torque increase the gearing really isn't an issue anymore, go drive one and you might be surprised.
The following users liked this post:
sunnyr (09-13-2020)
Old 09-13-2020, 11:01 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 254 Posts

it really depends on the tax credit you would get.
Old 09-13-2020, 11:14 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by n d
that’s exactly why... I’m dying for a manual.
what’s the thought in gt350r?
Originally Posted by horns
I daily drove a gt350 and gt350r (still have the latter). They are a riot. As mentioned above, the materials are not Porsche level, but the sound alone is epic, the engine loves to rev, it's a MT, and stock vs stock is every bit as entertaining as the GT cars if you can overlooking the materials. I haven't tracked the Shelbys (even missed both of the free track experiences unfortunately), but i don't skip the 350R drive to get to the P cars in my rotation. The 350(R) may not be for all Porsche owners, but i recommend at least giving one a look.
I have both a manual GT3 and a GT350R-

My daily is the R- on my commute (at least before the pandemic, LOL), it's comfortable and fun. NVH is lower in cruise mode and higher in attack mode. The exhaust is incredibly loud at full throttle and for me acts as something a speed limiter around town keeping the revs out of 'loud' range. BUT, it is an experience to rev it out every once in a while. The handling is very good and as far as the engine is concerned it does buzz above 4000 RPM but it's part of the different engine character and it revs freely to redline- it's what makes the flat plane crank unique. As far as quality of the interior it's not horrible but it is Econo muscle car based so it will never be a luxury GT car. The shifter is fun and most importantly for tooling around the gears are low enough that you can have fun shifting through twisty roads without getting arrested. I too like driving both and one does not diminish the experience of the other. I can't speak for the GT4 having never driven one, but I would think there would be a lot of overlap in the driving experience. I can say that is not the case with the GT3 and GT350R.

Getting a tire repaired. Got to hold the Carbon Fiber wheels without the tire- incredibly light!

Yes, the engine was replaced at 900 miles- swallowed a valve. In compensation Ford extended my warranty to 8 years bumper to bumper. Apparently a bad batch of valves went into '19 and '20 models. The new motor is solid and revised '19 on motors don't have any oil consumption issues.

Quick Reply: Anyone traded in 991.2 gt3rs recently