Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2020, 12:12 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,146 Posts
Default Track Maintenance 991.2 MT GT3

Hey all,

Sorry I was too lazy to search, but,

I have a 991.2 GT3 MT that is being used for track use only. Just started tracking her about 6 weeks ago and already have about 10 days on track with her.

The car is a track stripper, the only option being the buckets, to which I have already added a 1/2 cage and 6 pt. harnesses for use with a Helmet and Hans.

I was told from some of my track rat buddies who also track 991.2's that there is a published maintenance schedule for the car if it is only being used for track (HPDE, DE, Instructing, etc.)

Do any of you have this schedule? Is it the same as the normal maintenance schedule if that car is just used on the street ?(I can't imagine that to be the case as I am beating the car up on the track much more than I ever could on the street)

I am not talking about consumables (pads, Hoosiers, rotors, etc.).

Looking to see if there is a maintenance schedule at regular intervals for track use only.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DG
Old 09-11-2020, 12:18 PM
lisocayman
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Only additional recommended maintenance is replacing the wheel hubs. 6000 miles for the rears and either 8 or 10k for the fronts (can’t remember). These are pure track miles so you need to keep a log book.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:47 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,018 Likes on 2,838 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Hey all,

Sorry I was too lazy to search, but,

I have a 991.2 GT3 MT that is being used for track use only. Just started tracking her about 6 weeks ago and already have about 10 days on track with her.

The car is a track stripper, the only option being the buckets, to which I have already added a 1/2 cage and 6 pt. harnesses for use with a Helmet and Hans.

I was told from some of my track rat buddies who also track 991.2's that there is a published maintenance schedule for the car if it is only being used for track (HPDE, DE, Instructing, etc.)

Do any of you have this schedule? Is it the same as the normal maintenance schedule if that car is just used on the street ?(I can't imagine that to be the case as I am beating the car up on the track much more than I ever could on the street)

I am not talking about consumables (pads, Hoosiers, rotors, etc.).

Looking to see if there is a maintenance schedule at regular intervals for track use only. Things like more frequent oil changes, centerlocks, and hubs are included.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DG
There is a separate owner's manual for Track use that should be included with your regular owner's manual.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:48 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GrantG
There is a separate owner's manual for Track use that should be included with your regular owner's manual.
Thanks. That's what I was looking for but didn't find it there.

I will look again. Thanks....
Old 09-11-2020, 01:20 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
Originally Posted by dgrobs
Thanks. That's what I was looking for but didn't find it there.

I will look again. Thanks....
For the 2018's the driving the track and schedule is actually included in the owners manual. It's no longer a separate booklet.

Old 09-11-2020, 01:21 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Todd B
For the 2018's the driving the track and schedule is actually included in the owners manual. It's no longer a separate booklet.
Thanks Todd, maybe that's why I couldn't find it.

Will look again when I get home from work.

Thanks again...
Old 09-12-2020, 05:57 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Pm TrakCar he would know

Quick Reply: Track Maintenance 991.2 MT GT3