Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911R vs Speedster Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2024, 01:50 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

as for the if you could have only one question posted...I have both...I'd keep the R. I love the top down experience don't get me wrong...the R is just perfect for me personally. Singer/CGT/R...perfect 3 car Porsche garage...RS4.0 if you can go for 4
Old 02-14-2024, 10:14 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,289 Likes on 679 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
I only driven the Spyder RS for about 20mins in one PAG's example when they brough it for Rennsport, but the overall driving experience is very different from the Speedster. I rate the Spyder RS extremely highly. The calibrations in the Spyder RS is pretty spot on perfect compared to the GT4RS, whereas the 4RS suspension is just too firm for the canyons, the suspension in the Spyder RS is almost perfect.

The Speedster is more of a cruiser, think of it as a GTS Cab Plus. In stock form, the engine sounds a bit boring and muted. The Speedster is probably the only car that I would set the suspension setting in the Sport setting on the canyons because the suspension is so soft that it would bottom out in places where my 911R or other RS cars wouldn't have any problems with. The 991 Speedster is the best iteration of all the Speedster generations, because this was the first time that the motorsport department got involved in the development of the car. Still a little bit too refined and too soft for my taste, but best attempt so far.

I just love the Speedster shape, it's so unique in the 911 world.
Originally Posted by unotaz
It would depend on your definition of what a GT convertible is. The Speedster would be closer to a GT than the RS Spyder. RS Spyder is too hardcore to be classified as a GT convertible, but that's what I like about it.
Agree. Plenty of soft cruisers out there. I want a convertible porsche with an edge that is thrilling to drive, but still won’t knock my teeth out like a 4RS.

Really looking forward to my incoming Spyder RS this summer.
The following users liked this post:
Porsche911GTS'16 (02-14-2024)
Old 06-25-2024, 10:21 PM
dlrbnkr
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was considering purchasing a Speedster and ended up buying a 911R after owning a 991.2 GT3 manual and a 991.1 GT3 before that. The comments here are spot on, well done.

Quick Reply: 911R vs Speedster Comparison