Sponsored by:

4K+ RPM noise culprit: buzzing ash tray / coin cubby

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2021, 09:29 PM
mafoofan
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris-911
Mind sharing a pic? Any chance we can DIY?

Thank you! I have the exact same rattle/buzz!
No pics, unfortunately.
Old 02-19-2023, 02:15 AM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 64 Posts

I just picked up a new GT3 and immediately noticed this! I only just discovered today it seems to be the coin tray. When I press down into the coin tray the rattling noise is reduced but not away. Any one figured out a fix for this? I’m considering taking off the center console to see if I can add sound deadening foam or rubber to reduce the noise. But before I do I wanted to see if anyone actually got this fixed?
Old 06-05-2023, 11:20 PM
wkf94025
Rennlist Member

Received 538 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Stark7x
Mine is doing the buzzing around ac controls. Found a thread from a member that took it apart and made it buzz free. Going to do it to mine this weekend. It’s so weird how much vibration this engine causes around 4K rpm... I had a lot of high revving cars before... never made the whole interior feel like I’m sitting on electric toothbrush.
@Stark7x If you're still on this forum, I would appreciate a pointer to the thread you mentioned. Anyone else know of a thread on center console disassembly? My primary buzz is coming from the fan switch, and a secondary buzz seems to go away when I press down near the downhill end of the center console.

Quick Reply: 4K+ RPM noise culprit: buzzing ash tray / coin cubby