Sponsored by:

HELP!!! Porsche San Antonio denying warranty on CPO car =(

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 10:25 PM
flyjets
Burning Brakes

Received 216 Likes on 132 Posts

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...A1A0SD20140211

This happened to me years ago and they tried to say the same thing. Ultimately they fixed the issue with a recall.

Ian
The following 2 users liked this post by flyjets:
SapphireGT3 (07-31-2020), usrodeo4 (07-30-2020)
Old 07-30-2020, 10:29 PM
Frenzyy
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
It boggles my mind why dealers pull this BS....they are getting paid to do it one way or another....probably at a reduced rate but not by much....
when I had my clutch plate replaced, they tried to claim it was not a manufacturer defect. apparently they get paid much on customer work than warranty work. so much that the service manager offered me 75% discount which I politely decline for 100% off under warranty.

this is probably not even PCNA policy. a quick push back and even link to this post and it will miraculously be covered.
The following users liked this post:
SapphireGT3 (07-31-2020)
Old 07-31-2020, 07:01 PM
SapphireGT3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the support. I will post an update when I hear from the dealer. I sent the Rep. a link to this thread...
Old 07-31-2020, 10:46 PM
BLKMamba
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 62 Posts

Mine's the opposite. I bought a CPO GT3 from Porsche San Antonio about a week ago and they forgot to activate the CPO warranty. That should've been activated prior to delivery. I took it to my local P dealer for door sill illumination issue only to be told that there is no CPO warranty on record. Already reached out to the sales guy and supposedly it's in process with Porsche NA and waiting to hear back.

Good luck OP !
Old 08-01-2020, 12:12 AM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 211 Posts

Sounds like baloney. BTW, my experience is that Porsche San Antonio sucks. No ethics and amateurs working in the garage. I'd steer clear if at all possible.
Old 08-01-2020, 10:30 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

I just went to email them a link and a polite word that Porsche San Antonio is subject here and could not find an email on their website.
I have never seen a Porsche dealer that HIDES their email addresses on their website - this is very strange for a sales team to make it difficult to contact them.

Quite odd, perhaps years of bad experiences have taught them they do not want to facilitate communication with clients?

Porsche Dealers usually have a website page with all their staff, contact info and photos.
San Antonio does not have this, perhaps their staff change so often that keeping an accurate web page of the people working there is difficult.
Yet another red flag about this dealership.

Old 08-01-2020, 10:44 AM
BLKMamba
Rennlist Member

All their staff info is on this link
https://www.porscheofsanantonio.com/...ship/staff.htm
Perimeter (08-01-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 12:19 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

Thank you , they have all been emailed.

Why don't more people start emailing the complete staff and politely make them aware their name and reputation aree the subject here
Old 08-01-2020, 12:31 PM
BLKMamba
Rennlist Member

Update on mine: My CPO warranty not being activated has been resolved. I’m now fully covered and happy. It appears Porsche NA had a glitch in the system.
Old 08-01-2020, 04:15 PM
SapphireGT3
Advanced

Update:

Got a call from the Service director on 7/31/20. He states that they are still investigating the Relay issue blah, blah. That Porsche GT cars are very special and that they would never use Chinese relays on GT3/RS models..blah. Long story short, he tried to insinuate again that maybe the previous owner had fiddled with the car...as is if cars history was suspect. I am the second owner. Previous owner bought new from Park Place then me. Car was CPO. I immediately but bluntly told him that I did not give a Sh*t about that or his "investigation" I honestly felt like I was talking to some wanna be investigator...The car is CPO from a Franchised dealer. Anything prior to that, I DONT CARE--NOT MY PROBLEM. I asked him if the work is going to be covered or not? He didn't want to commit to a solid answer. I told him I would wait for his decision and was ready to take to the next level and not to bother me with updates on his "investigation." At that point, his demeanor changed from the aggressor to being insulted by me being upset and blunt with him. He honestly ruined my evening with this whole investigation BS! The conversation ended with him saying that the parts are going to be ordered and the work will be done,...but not committing to COVERAGE.

My first GT3 was from San Antonio...but honestly, was not 100% satisfied with the deal. PP Dallas was effortless on the RS. I honestly don't know how this dealer is afloat. Must be all 1st timers/cayenne crowd. They definitely don't know how to treat their high end customers.

I sent an email to their upper management

Last edited by SapphireGT3; 08-01-2020 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Add on
Old 08-01-2020, 04:29 PM
Jpacione
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SapphireGT3
Update:

Got a call from the Service director on 7/31/20. He states that they are still investigating the Relay issue blah, blah. That Porsche GT cars are very special and that they would never use Chinese relays on GT3/RS models..blah. Long story short, he tried to insinuate again that maybe the previous owner had fiddled with the car...as is if cars history was suspect. I am the second owner. Previous owner bought new from Park Place then me. Car was CPO. I immediately but bluntly told him that I did not give a Sh*t about that or his "investigation" I honestly felt like I was talking to some wanna be investigator...The car is CPO from a Franchised dealer. Anything prior to that, I DONT CARE--NOT MY PROBLEM. I asked him if the work is going to be covered or not? He didn't want to commit to a solid answer. I told him I would wait for his decision and was ready to take to the next level and not to bother me with updates on his "investigation." At that point, his demeanor changed from the aggressor to being insulted by me being upset and blunt with him. He honestly ruined my evening with this whole investigation BS! The conversation ended with him saying that the parts are going to be ordered and the work will be done,...but not committing to COVERAGE.

My first GT3 was from San Antonio...but honestly, was not 100% satisfied with the deal. PP Dallas was effortless on the RS. I honestly don't know how this dealer is afloat. Must be all 1st timers/cayenne crowd. They definitely don't know how to treat their high end customers.
I can relate to your story. I bought a CPO GTS a few years back, and they had installed a front camera in the car. The dealer asked me if I wanted to keep it in, and I said sure, even. Though I didn’t need it, Long story short, I noticed the PCM’s screen would turn a monochrome purple from time to time instead of normal colors. I took it in to my local dealer (purchased the CPO out of state) and they said the PCM was cracked open to install the camera and that wasn’t covered. They had to splice wires to install the camera. I told the dealer that wasn’t my problem - the car was CPO’d. I told the local dealer I would call PCNA if I needed to, but in the end, the easiest path ended up being me playing the middle man and reaching out to the dealer that CPO’d the car and they covered the expense for the new PCM. It was their responsibility to make sure that the car didn’t have anything outstanding on it that would prevent a warranty claim. Essentially the local dealer wasn’t willing to foot the bill because PCNA was not going to cover the modified PCM wiring. The CPO program is not perfect, but I’d never pay for something like your issue - they will make it right in the end. It just might take a little escalation.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:00 PM
carguy62
1st Gear

The manufacturer usually requires the failed part(s) be sent in for testing and verification of failure. If the relay in no OEM the manufacturer will charge the complete repair back to the dealer.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:37 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 80 Posts

One the plus side, I have been a customer of Porsche of San Antonio for almost twenty years and have bought more than a few new and pre owned vehicles from them including several GT cars. Over the years I have had several service issues that were not covered by warranty and I have learned as others have stated that PCNA determines what is covered and what is not not the dealer. I have found that he service team at Porsche of San Antonio goes the extra mile presenting the case to PCNA for warranty coverage but the final approval rests with PCNA. For Sapphire have you touched base with Park Place over this issue as they are the ones that certified it and if they missed something they could offer to cover the repair through the San Antonio dealer ..... a thought.
bottom line I have never been dissatisfied with the service I have received from Porsche of San Antonio
Old 08-01-2020, 06:26 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

are there any other dealerships near them with a better rep? the issue here is the insanity of the claim, the other owner somehow finds the time and desire to take part the dash on a 200k vehicle and for some unknown reason replaces relays with Chinese parts, and the new owners is screwed even though car is CPO'd, whereas most likely explanation it factory part failed and caused problems Occams Razor anyone, and then the insulting "investigation" ensues
Old 08-01-2020, 06:33 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,247 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by B59
For what it's worth. PCNA makes the call, either directly or through policy, about what is covered under warranty and the dealer executes the repair. Much of that decision making process is not left to the dealer. I'd ask to schedule a meeting with your area PCNA After-Sales rep or call Porsche customer care at 1-800-Porsche to escalate. Porsche pays the dealer to complete warranty repairs so it is in the dealer's interest to get the work.
“When a question of warranty exists, we do rely on our authorized Porsche dealerships as our technical resource. With factory trained technicians and support from the factory, the Service Department is in the best position to advise on any further technical questions or explanations.“

”A
fter reviewing your situation again with all appropriate resources, I must inform you that PCNA’s position is unchanged and remains as originally stated. The warranty claim was denied because the catalytic converter shows clear signs of being tampered with.“ <- Fabricated lie

Quoted from PCNA when I had a dealership deny my warranty after the service manager claimed I gutted my left catalytic converter “because guys like the way it sounds”. Ended up taking it to the selling dealer and they covered it.

ps don’t take your car to Porsche Huntington ever.

Last edited by AdamSanta85; 08-01-2020 at 06:40 PM.
Perimeter (08-02-2020)

Quick Reply: HELP!!! Porsche San Antonio denying warranty on CPO car =(