Sponsored by:

Heritage Madness

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 02:22 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,269 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89
Porsche has telegraphed that there will be more “Heritage” editions throughout the 992 generation - another way to segment customers and make money off of them.

This morning in Atlanta, a buddy of mine saw a guards red Carrera in the “official” Coca Cola livery that Porsche used at Petit Le Mans last year; some customers like the cosmetic options.

I figured that when I saw the Targa. When I first saw it I was like oh cool look. I just didn’t expect the price premium but if there are a bunch of cxxx options I guess the price can be justified for some.

im curious how these will sell and do on the secondary market. Granted there are people that will pay a premium for this but 992 of them?

They should have done what Ferrari did with their 70th edition cars. One car of each model in each livery. That’s it. Granted that was still a bit lame but better than 992 examples.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:35 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
Look mom my Porsche has my name written in this fine leather. I paid 45k for it. My cars better because I spent more on useless vanity.

Kool beans bruh. Looks like you got more money than sense.
this is unnecessary and immature, not becoming of this forum. I'm not pontificating, but please let this place be without the crap we have to deal with everywhere else in this country today. Huh? Car forum.
Old 06-28-2020, 05:37 PM
sterno
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Yes I have and it did not impress me more then the GT3 Touring. Don't get me wrong that they are very cool and if you want a top down car they are nice but feel they were overpriced and do not handle as well as a coupe.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:14 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sterno
Yes I have and it did not impress me more then the GT3 Touring. Don't get me wrong that they are very cool and if you want a top down car they are nice but feel they were overpriced and do not handle as well as a coupe.
Convertibles usually do not handle as well as their coupe counterparts. Lack of roof causes them to lose rigidity. Probably the one exception is the 720 due to carbon tub.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:30 AM
sterno
Instructor

I am not sure what you are referring to 720? I am quite aware that a convertible's do not handle as well as a coupe.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:59 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

I am not sure what you are referring to 720? I am quite aware that a convertible's do not handle as well as a coupe.
it was just a reply to your comment. What I said dems pretty self explanatory that mclaren has a carbon tub which results in much more rigidity and therefore the coupe and convertible handle the same.

all other cars, Porsche, Ferrari, lambo- the coyotes handle better.

nothing controversial there- just making an observation.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:47 PM
sterno
Instructor

Sorry, I assumed you were referring to a Porsche 720 and had not heard of such. My original comment was to someone calling out that the Speedster somehow handled better then a Touring and that I had driven both and knew that not the case .
Old 06-29-2020, 12:53 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Sorry, I assumed you were referring to a Porsche 720 and had not heard of such. My original comment was to someone calling out that the Speedster somehow handled better then a Touring and that I had driven both and knew that not the case .
Oh yes- sorry. i meant a Mclaren 720. And I would agree with you, I can't see how the Speedster handles better than the Touring. Have plenty of seat time in the Touring. Very little in the Speedster but I felt the handling on the Touring was better as you would expect with a coupe vs. convertible.
The following users liked this post:
sterno (06-29-2020)
Old 06-29-2020, 03:07 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by bli8
If the 992 Touring Heritage will sport a ducktail, I'm all IN.
As for the 992 Targa Heritage, I'll pay more for the non-Heritage version just not to have meatballs on the side.
Meatball delete is free. The meatballs are available for parts if you change your mind (or a million clones for 1/5th the money I am sure). The regular targa allocations will be difficult to get early on (992 sales are doing well) so the heritage is just a money grab from early adopters. Also, targa is a high demand model (even at the end of 991 finding a targa allocation was a challenge). I think it looks good personally. I don’t want one, but I do like the heritage concept and I think porsche has done well with it.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:10 AM
BLUdog
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

or a reach around
Old 06-30-2020, 01:12 AM
BLUdog
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce R
Some paint, leather, after that it's a reach
Cars and Coffee kudos?
or perhaps a reach around
Old 06-30-2020, 02:01 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 854 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
You never CXX'd your car have you?

Custom seat in your GT3, 8k.
Custom door panel in your GT3, 9k
Custom upper and lower dash in your GT3, 14k

Need I go on?
Understood on CXX prices. I can sorta see why someone would do this on a $400K - $500K Ferrari as it becomes accessorizing / art. But on a regular 911 Targa? I wouldn't take that heritage edition for free. Driving around with all those stickers - I would feel a little "foolish". I' rather spend money on stuff you can't see that improves performance - better wheels, lightweight battery, etc. That's just me. Obviously Porsche knows that there's a whole C&C market and some dude is gonna show up at C&C with this $180K Targa to oohs and aahs.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:07 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rodsky
Obviously Porsche knows that there's a whole C&C market and some dude is gonna show up at C&C with this $180K Targa to oohs and aahs.

Might not be oohs and aahs.
The following users liked this post:
rodsky (06-30-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 02:08 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 974 Likes on 424 Posts

Agreed, I wouldn't do that on a regular production car either. Any significant CXX spend on a GT3/Touring make zero sense to me.

But there are people out there who wish to customize their cars a little bit more than the other, so if there is a market for that, why shouldn't Porsche go after that market?

Originally Posted by rodsky
Understood on CXX prices. I can sorta see why someone would do this on a $400K - $500K Ferrari as it becomes accessorizing / art. But on a regular 911 Targa? I wouldn't take that heritage edition for free. Driving around with all those stickers - I would feel a little "foolish". I' rather spend money on stuff you can't see that improves performance - better wheels, lightweight battery, etc. That's just me. Obviously Porsche knows that there's a whole C&C market and some dude is gonna show up at C&C with this $180K Targa to oohs and aahs.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:12 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 854 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz

But there are people out there who wish to customize their cars a little bit more than the other, so if there is a market for that, why shouldn't Porsche go after that market?
As Mr T. used to say "I pity the fool".

Quick Reply: Heritage Madness