Sponsored by:

Dundon Motorsports Street Headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2020, 03:37 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Looks good both ways that's why you go back and forth. This doesn’t look too bad.

My car before I took delivery at the dealer.

I agree and go both ways but at times I do envy those that could get the WP with the painted hood. My order locked about 2-3 weeks before this was available.

but for the Dundon system on you car I still think it is awesome. I understand the warranty concern but I do feel this is a modification that doesn’t change that much on the car except making it sound how Porsche should have from the start. And it is a system that is not overly loud inside the car. Throw in the customer support from Dundon and being 100% made in the US

Last edited by Seth Thomas; 04-13-2020 at 04:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
4porsh (04-13-2020)
Old 04-13-2020, 03:55 PM
rsierra
Banned

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

I apologize if I missed it, no CEL correct?
Old 04-13-2020, 04:01 PM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 111 Posts

correct. I had a few post-installation but Dundon helped my installer address the fitment issue quickly. I did not do any ECU programming (thats optional).
Old 04-13-2020, 04:29 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rsierra

Correct no CEL issues. I had the race headers on my 991.1 and no CEL on that system in the 5000 miles I drove the car with the system
Old 04-13-2020, 04:34 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by AllAboutThatP
Dundon street headers and loud muffler was the single best mod I've done to my car (Not to mention intake, plenum, etc.). Worth every penny.
elaborate on "loud" muffler as well please
Old 04-13-2020, 04:44 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
https://www.dundonmotorsports.com/co...31657373270052

The best answer is to probably link to the product itself so you can see the difference in the loud muffler and the quiet muffler. In the car there there not a big difference of either muffler and the main difference is the noise the car makes going down the road on the outside. Either of them are awesome mufflers
pissedpuppy (04-13-2020)
Old 04-13-2020, 04:46 PM
Holdens
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 142 Posts

The Dundon street headers are the best mod I have done to my car. (I had previously tried the center muffler bypasses - and this blows it away). Now I am debating on the loud muffler vs my current OEM muffler... Is it worth it?????
Old 04-13-2020, 05:01 PM
AllAboutThatP
Burning Brakes

Received 557 Likes on 278 Posts

See Seth's link above. Another benefit of the Dundon lifetime mufflers (loud or quiet) is that if you are tracking the car, the stock Titanium mufflers are known to crack. Dundon's will not.
The following 2 users liked this post by AllAboutThatP:
pissedpuppy (04-13-2020), Seth Thomas (04-13-2020)
Old 04-13-2020, 05:27 PM
SPIKES
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

can i use my existing shark werks center muffler with these headers?
Old 04-13-2020, 05:30 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SPIKES
I believe you can but I have not attempted that one on my part because it would be too loud for the street for my tastes.
cox1974 (04-25-2020)
Old 04-13-2020, 06:06 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 286 Likes on 131 Posts

Sharky makes three different center exhausts (they don't make mufflers yet) for the 991 GT3s, only one system can be used with the Dundon headers, the one that has four inlets. When buying the headers, specify that you wan to reuse the stock center muffler, and that will work with the Sharky pipes.

Dundon also makes a set of catted or non-catted pipes as part of the street headers that connect to their own mufflers (the Loud and the Quiet version). These ones have larger diameter and flow plenty more than the stock size pipes linking to the stock center muffler.

I would not like to be near a Dundon/Sharky GT3. My car has the quiet muffler, and it is already too loud for my taste, but I can't make it any quieter, unless I start adding insulation material from the 991 GT3 and 991 Turbo.
SPIKES (04-13-2020)
Old 04-13-2020, 06:45 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Holdens
The Dundon street headers are the best mod I have done to my car. (I had previously tried the center muffler bypasses - and this blows it away). Now I am debating on the loud muffler vs my current OEM muffler... Is it worth it?????
problem is if you have ctr muffler bypass already on the car and the original ctr muffler is gone!
Old 04-13-2020, 06:53 PM
Holdens
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 142 Posts

original center muffler on car along with Dundon street headers.

im curious how much more sound the loud muffler will add.

problem is if you have ctr muffler bypass already on the car and the original ctr muffler is gone!
Old 04-13-2020, 07:44 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 368 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by rsierra
correct no CEL. If there is one it’s normally for an adaptation or a slight misalignment from install that’s easily corrected.

Originally Posted by bogey1
correct. I had a few post-installation but Dundon helped my installer address the fitment issue quickly. I did not do any ECU programming (thats optional).
good to hear she’s all good and solid!

Dundon Lifetime Loud muffler is a dual path design like the factory but beefed up, reinforced and with a full 3” flow path and true x pipe merge. This makes the bark a little cleaner and the growl on decel more noticeable. On cars making more than 450whp it can help keep power from getting bottlenecked by the stock muffler. (On a 991.2 GT3RS with full intake and exhaust the muffler is only 4-5whp, so a bit more about sound and longevity, but 5whp is 5whp!)

We’re running low on them, but I do have a slightly used one I can sell, contact me for pricing if you’re interested.

Originally Posted by SPIKES
We don’t recommend center bypasses and street headers for those sensitive to drone. You essentially lose the valves effectiveness as the center muffler is the reason the valves are able to keep drone at bay. Further center deletes are rarely made with power in mind and we typically see cars with our headers lose a bit of power. The exception being the crack pipe which was designed specifically to make power and be extremely light. Not exactly what I’d call street friendly but that’s up to the driver. We have a few guys out there with street headers and crack pipes that love it. We call it cats on crack!

center mufflers pretty easy to find used on eBay for $500-$1000. Or you can do a Dundon Lifetime Muffler!

original center muffler on car along with Dundon street headers.

im curious how much more sound the loud muffler will add.
on top of street headers it’s about 10-15% more at full throttle, a little clearer tone and more decel growl....
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 04-24-2020, 09:39 AM
jorligan
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

What is the difference in volume between the stock center muffler with the street headers vs quiet vs loud vs delete. I would assume stock GT3 center -> stock GT3RS center -> quiet Dundon -> loud Dundon -> megaphone. I currently have the street headers with the stock GT3 center and debating whether to go to a new center vs having my current center reinforced since I do track my car.

Quick Reply: Dundon Motorsports Street Headers