Durametric Alternative

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 03:28 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd B
I can confirm the iCarsoft POR V2.0 works on the 991.2 GT3 to reset the service reminders. I also tried the iCarsoft POR II which is an older product and it did not work. So if you are going to pick up one of these make sure it's the right model. The V2.0 has an F1 and F2 keys on the left had side of the display.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The live data polling also works. Not sure if the other functions work, as I did not test.
Did you have to update the software before using or did you just plug it in and it worked? I don’t suppose you know if it can bleed the brakes, move the e-brake etc. like it says in the advert.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:44 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Did you have to update the software before using or did you just plug it in and it worked? I don’t suppose you know if it can bleed the brakes, move the e-brake etc. like it says in the advert.
I did update the unit before I used it. There was a new version of the firmware from September, so they continue to make updates. Updating was easy, but you do need to use Windows to do it. I use a Mac, but run a Windows VM under VMWare Fusion. It updated without issue.

I did try the ebrake service mode and that did work, it backed out the motor.
Old 12-17-2019, 02:33 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

Ok. Maybe I will wait until closer to when I need it because I have no clue how to use a computer.
Old 12-18-2019, 12:27 PM
rsierra
Banned

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd B
I can confirm the iCarsoft POR V2.0 works on the 991.2 GT3 to reset the service reminders. I also tried the iCarsoft POR II which is an older product and it did not work. So if you are going to pick up one of these make sure it's the right model. The V2.0 has an F1 and F2 keys on the left had side of the display.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The live data polling also works. Not sure if the other functions work, as I did not test.
Sweet!, thank you
Old 12-18-2019, 02:17 PM
HT#70
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks
Old 12-18-2019, 08:47 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 634 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
Have you confirmed that there is access to the Battery function (to change to Lithium) and ABS bleeding function?

Can you read over-revs?
Would love to try the ABS bleeding function!! Any feedback on how this actually works? (Is it just for "fixing" ABS that has air in the pump, or can it be used for brake fluid changes?)
Old 12-18-2019, 10:11 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mech33
Would love to try the ABS bleeding function!! Any feedback on how this actually works? (Is it just for "fixing" ABS that has air in the pump, or can it be used for brake fluid changes?)
I did not activate the ABS bleed, but went into the initial screens. The tool tells you to open the bleeder on one left rear wheel, then when activated pump the brake pedal. For tools I've seen in the past the ABS mode typically opens the valves and it may run the pump. It's not a replacement of using a motive bleed or brake fluid vacuum to flush the fluid. You'd only want to use it if you let the master cylinder run dry, replacing master cylinder or a brake circuit has been opened. When I had my 993 track car, I took car out and got into the ABS repeatedly and reeled the brakes again.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:19 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 140 Posts

Another vote for iCarsoft POR V2.0. Purchased via Amazon and updated using software downloaded from their site. I do all my scheduled maintenance on my cars and was able to clear the oil and inspection messages on my 2018 991.2 GT3. Durametric would not do it.

To clear the Inspection Due message I had to do a 'Main Service Reset'. You then set the year/month/day the service was completed.
Old 01-03-2020, 05:51 PM
Diamond Dog
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by bigkraig
Another for the iCarsoft POR V2.0. Resets all of the different maintenances. Durametric is garbage.
Thanks guys. Can someone tell me what I select to specifically clear the "Inspection Now" Alert (which I assume is different than intermediate service?) on the POR v2.0?

EDITED: I reread the thread. You select MAJOR SERVICE to clear the Inspection Now alert

Last edited by Diamond Dog; 01-03-2020 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:33 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Diamond Dog
Thanks guys. Can someone tell me what I select to specifically clear the "Inspection Now" Alert (which I assume is different than intermediate service?) on the POR v2.0?

EDITED: I reread the thread. You select MAJOR SERVICE to clear the Inspection Now alert
Good to know, thanks
Old 03-26-2020, 07:46 PM
srwhitman
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts

I need to reset my airbag light on my 991.2 GT3. Called Durametric - they don't even have 991.1 GT3 let alone 991.2 but they claim they will. Also way more expensive than iCarsoft. I don't mind trying the icarsoft and if it doesn't work I'll send back but I was wondering, before I buy, if anyone has tried it to reset airbag light on this car?

Why you may ask - I have aftermarket seats and have the original airbag harness from my prior seat installed but I took out everything to replace the amplifier under the seat and well, now I'm stuck with the airbag light. I gather I must have done something wrong this time that I didn't do another time because before I was able to reset (by magic, apparently) but this time no go.

Quick Reply: Durametric Alternative