991 Speedster exhaust options

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 06:46 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

[QUOTE=Jamie@dundonmotorsports;16588116]Been done for a while, the shouting and bickering that most threads turn into on Rennlist as of late wasn't something I was interested in participating in during the middle of C19 and the mayhem and uncertainty in the world. ......

Says the guy who posts his exhaust 1 hour after I post my updated video of a recently delivered GMG Exhaust system....

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 04-29-2020, 06:59 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 369 Likes on 204 Posts

[QUOTE=James-GMG;16588212]
Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Been done for a while, the shouting and bickering that most threads turn into on Rennlist as of late wasn't something I was interested in participating in during the middle of C19 and the mayhem and uncertainty in the world. ......

Says the guy who posts his exhaust 1 hour after I post my updated video of a recently delivered GMG Exhaust system....
Popped up... Calexio asked, JCR popcorned and one of our customers posted... Glad to see you're doing well James...

Jamie
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 04-29-2020, 07:04 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

[QUOTE=Jamie@dundonmotorsports;16588244]
Originally Posted by James-GMG

Popped up... Calexio asked, JCR popcorned and one of our customers posted... Glad to see you're doing well James...

Jamie
All good, just making light during these very difficult times. We are lucky we get to do what we do......although you and Jerry do seem to pop up quite a bit after a GMG post.....LOL. ;-)

Your system is a header and exhaust system for $11,700.00

Our system is $4490.00 and its just the rear center section.....we just finished some dyno work as I type this and we are seeing some decent low end torque gains with a modest upper rpm hp gain.

Again....apples and oranges, good options to have.

Old 04-29-2020, 07:13 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 882 Likes on 366 Posts

Another satisfied Speedster customer.......100 miles on the car and he couldn't wait for our exhaust........this is the 3rd Porsche GT3/911R/RS he has done with us. After his first drive in the car after the exhaust install, his text to me said, "PERFECT! LOVE IT!!!
This made my day......

https://youtu.be/4EPzl9ztaQI
I would say the same about the GMG exhaust on my RS...PERFECT and I LOVE IT.

We Porsche enthusiasts have some great options.
The following users liked this post:
gmgracing (04-29-2020)
Old 05-04-2020, 07:42 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 443 Likes on 264 Posts

We had the opportunity to get some drive time in a customer Speedster and we made a video showing the real life driving experience with our new exhaust!

GMG Speedster Exhaust System Video -

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
NA6speed (11-27-2022)
Old 05-05-2020, 12:30 AM
RockyTopTenn
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 144 Posts

Another satisfied Speedster customer.......100 miles on the car and he couldn't wait for our exhaust........this is the 3rd Porsche GT3/911R/RS he has done with us. After his first drive in the car after the exhaust install, his text to me said, "PERFECT! LOVE IT!!! "
Yep. He texted me too - right after the exhaust was changed. Simply said "my new favorite car." High praise from someone who has owned and raced almost every GT2/3/4 made since 2015 - and a 918. The R was his previous favorite...
gmgracing (05-05-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 07:25 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 939 Likes on 431 Posts

Customer submitted video of his Speedster running our non-silenced Titanium Race Pipe

View this post on Instagram

That distinctive JCR scream coming through nicely on this video thanks to all of the finer details of this system.

Bespoke CFD optimised bends from the OPF ensure efficient flow and help reduce EGT and back pressure in the OPF matrix. Absolutely imperative, especially on the EU cars with OPF pressure monitoring and EGT probes.

The centre merge design pulled directly from our race pipe range of products optimises scavenging effect and delivers that distinctive sound.

An added benefit of the 3bolt flange design means a huge range of tip possibilities including our silenced tips for those who track their cars and need to drop dB’s quickly if required.
​​​

And of course the usual quality of fabrication you come to expect from our products

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
Old 05-25-2022, 09:44 PM
cSurf
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bumping this to the top. Seriously considering the Akra full evolution exhaust. Really don't like the OPFs, but worry about drone and too many dB. Love my Speedster, but could compared to my Spyder, needs a bit more aural character.

Is anyone running or have run the Akra Evolution? Or Dundon Quiet (with Dundon headers)?

Thank you!
Old 05-25-2022, 11:11 PM
PatrickBateman
Racer

Received 144 Likes on 79 Posts

Funny to see the different brands jockeying for position here, but I am enjoying all of the sound clips.
Old 05-26-2022, 12:34 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 443 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by cSurf
Bumping this to the top. Seriously considering the Akra full evolution exhaust. Really don't like the OPFs, but worry about drone and too many dB. Love my Speedster, but could compared to my Spyder, needs a bit more aural character.

Is anyone running or have run the Akra Evolution? Or Dundon Quiet (with Dundon headers)?

Thank you!
If you’re open to other systems, feel free to reach out to us with any questions!
https://shop.gmgracing.com/collectio...edster-exhaust

Old 07-27-2022, 07:27 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 226 Likes on 146 Posts

Any owner reviews out there? Likes/dislike…??
Old 07-27-2022, 08:02 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by STALKER99
Any owner reviews out there? Likes/dislike…??
Scroll to the bottom...

https://www.dundonmotorsports.com/pr...91-2-speedster
Old 07-28-2022, 11:39 AM
Lukas56
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Still nobody with solution for EU model OPF delete?
Old 07-28-2022, 11:45 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Lukas56
Still nobody with solution for EU model OPF delete?
Speedster OPF can be deleted with a tune, we’ve done several with M-engineering. Deleting the OPF without a tune isn’t straightforward…
Old 07-28-2022, 01:07 PM
zellamsee
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 36 Posts

My understanding is that the U.S. spec cars don't have the GPF; instead, the filters are replaced with some kind of element or baffle. Does anyone here have any real world experience as to whether the U.S. spec Speedsters sound different/louder than RoW Speedsters?

FWIW, my Speedster (almost 2,200 miles) is noticeably louder now as compared to when it was new. I may be in the minority, but I think it's perfect as is -- below 5k, it is somewhat muted (certainly as compared to my 991 GT3RS). But, I wouldn't called it quiet. I can have a conversation with my passenger and listen to some good tunes. Plus, there is no annoying drone. Above 5k it really comes alive, and sounds great! Motorsport for sure.

But, I fully appreciate that many may want more here, especially in the lower RPMs. And the options here sound great!