Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2022, 01:12 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 369 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by zellamsee
My understanding is that the U.S. spec cars don't have the GPF; instead, the filters are replaced with some kind of element or baffle. Does anyone here have any real world experience as to whether the U.S. spec Speedsters sound different/louder than RoW Speedsters?

FWIW, my Speedster (almost 2,200 miles) is noticeably louder now as compared to when it was new. I may be in the minority, but I think it's perfect as is -- below 5k, it is somewhat muted (certainly as compared to my 991 GT3RS). But, I wouldn't called it quiet. I can have a conversation with my passenger and listen to some good tunes. Plus, there is no annoying drone. Above 5k it really comes alive, and sounds great! Motorsport for sure.

But, I fully appreciate that many may want more here, especially in the lower RPMs. And the options here sound great!
US speedster and 992 come with an uncoated and unmonitored OPF in the OPF housing... A well designed exhaust provides all the things you mention above, no drone, even better sound etc...

If you love stock that fantastic! rock on!

jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports