Sponsored by:

1:33.0 at Laguna Seca 991.2 RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 12:07 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by A/S
@orthojoe to give you an idea on your awesome lap, here is Randy in the Viper ACR-Extreme. A 50/50 weight distribution, 640Hp, high torque car with more than double the downforce of a 991.2 GT3RS, and 7 times more downforce than a 991.2 GT3 at 177mph.

The Viper ACR-E has a tire that sticks better than the Dunlop, it is the Kumho V720-ACR edition. The first batches of these tires had a 20TW rating, then they were re-stamped to 200TW. The tire is banned from SCCA and NASA where other 200TW tires are allowed, and the Viper DE drivers that switched to Hoosier R7 were running about the same lap times as the OEM Kumho-ACR.

Look at the top speeds before T2, top speeds to T3, and top speeds to the corkscrew...

On R7, your driving would get you in the 1:31s, right there with one of the most track focused street cars ever made, the ACR and driven by none less that one of the fast Pros out there.
Thanks, man. Yeah, the ACR is a beast for sure. I've driven my buddy's and the braking it is capable of puts the GT3 to shame, surprisingly. I kept on parking it in the corners even when I thought I was coming in too hot. LOL on the TW rating of 200. That goes to show you how useless TW rating is. All I know is that my buddy says the front tires of his ACR are done after only one day. ONE day. No thanks to the cost and hassle of that. 3 days is already painful enough. LOL.

Here's a nice shot of me and my buddy playing 'big boy' spec miata at a track day. I race with him in SCCA and we compete at the same level. Fun stuff.

Old 11-05-2019, 04:04 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,196 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe

Conditions definitely help too. For me, ideal is high 50s/low 60s and OVERCAST. Count on a PB on those days.

Conditions mater a ton at LS. Overcast does help a lot, surprisingly - probably because the pavement stays cooler and tires do not overheat as much. Also, dust on the track and headwind on the T11-T2 straight kills lap times right away. Made for some very frustrating days for me until I looked at the data and figured out what was going on there.

Quick Reply: 1:33.0 at Laguna Seca 991.2 RS