Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCR // Titanium Race Exhaust (GT3 RS OPF / SPEEDSTER)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 06:57 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 939 Likes on 431 Posts
Default JCR // Titanium Race Exhaust (GT3 RS OPF / SPEEDSTER)

Hey all,

Thought it was about time that I get a thread started. A little different to the usual product launches, this time more of a thread to keep updated on the progress of the development.

Now we have some good content to share I thought it was time to make a start!

Anyone who’s been following our social media will have seen that we have been working on the latest OPF (particulate filter) exhaust systems installed on the latest batch 2 GT3 RS and Speedster.

First up we removed the factory OPF exhaust system and began taking measurements and gathering further understanding of the factory installed system

OEM OPF exhaust system

Factory header complete with cats and OPF

Highly restrictive path the gassed are forced to take upon exit of the OPF

The first mock up of how things might look

We first wanted to produce a direct replacement titanium tip option for those owners who wish to simply upgrade their factory installed tips with a high quality titanium part.

Porsche dropped the titanium tips on the latest GT3 RS so we thought it was right to correct that!

CAD drawing of the new titanium JCR bolt on tips

And the finished result came out great!

Titanium bolt on OPF tips

We then went on to make a start on the design of the huge Vband / bend which allows direct fitment to the factory OPF, forming a third of the exhaust system.

Titanium Vband ring

CAD drawing of the complete bend / ring

The factory exhaust integrates the secondary OPF bung to allow the car to take readings to determine the correct and proper function of the OPF at all times.

We integrate this into the bend, in the factory location with a 3D printed titanium bung. Again, allowing easy direct fitment, perfect as per OEM.

3D printed Titanium secondary OPF bung

Now the money shots!

The images below show the JCR Titanium Silenced OPF Race Pipe. We will also be releasing a non silenced version at the same time to allow owners to choose the appropriate level of aggression they desire!

The new system uses the exact same centre merge / tip flange as per our pre OPF race pipes which not only means that signature JCR sound but also opens up a whole host of tip options, including our silenced tips for those keen track drivers with dB limits!

I’ll be sure to keep this post up to date with the latest. Dyno testing next week and a ton of data will be shared!

Any and all questions welcomed

JC
The following 3 users liked this post by JCR-Porsche:
brezelpaul (10-23-2023), manolis (10-09-2019), Rob.Fri (10-11-2019)
Old 10-08-2019, 10:01 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,492 Likes on 799 Posts

Looks great! Still wish you made a race pipe for the 997 gt3
Old 10-08-2019, 11:49 PM
Brosef
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

any impressions on how it sounds relative to the pre-OPF cars?
Old 10-09-2019, 12:01 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,019 Likes on 2,838 Posts

Do you intend to make 2 types of exhausts that have the option of keeping OPF’s or bypassing them?
Old 10-09-2019, 12:42 AM
Bubba Wibs
Racer

Received 350 Likes on 131 Posts

It looks beautiful; great work! I have a couple questions:

No check engine lights or ECU work required?

Ive read North America may have a filter removed, will that have any effect you’re aware of?

Will you produce a valved version to control exhaust volume?

Lastly what will it cost?

I look forward to the testing results and sound clips.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:12 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 939 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by Brosef
any impressions on how it sounds relative to the pre-OPF cars?
We will be releasing videos of both the silenced and non silenced versions when we have the car on the dyno next week. Coming soon!

Originally Posted by GrantG
Do you intend to make 2 types of exhausts that have the option of keeping OPF’s or bypassing them?
For those who wish to delete the OPF we will have an adapted version of our current Inconel race manifolds which will allow deletion of the OPF and cats.

This system is intended for those who wish to retain their factory OPF headers

Originally Posted by Bubba Wibs
It looks beautiful; great work! I have a couple questions:

No check engine lights or ECU work required?

Ive read North America may have a filter removed, will that have any effect you’re aware of?

Will you produce a valved version to control exhaust volume?

Lastly what will it cost?

I look forward to the testing results and sound clips.
1. Direct replacement, no requirement to tune and no CEL.

2. I believe the filter will be replaced with some kind of restrictor / filter however the design of the headers / OPF will be dimensionally the same meaning that this system will still be direct fit. It’s likely that we will just provide a secondary OPF pressure sensor bung as the US cars will not have this fixing.

3. Yes, a Valved version will be coming before year end. Personally I don’t believe it’s necessary to have valves with this particular set up.

4. Costing will be released as soon as we have gathered all of the data and release both the non silenced and silenced OPF race pipes in the coming few weeks

JC
Old 10-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 116 Posts

Excellent new; this is probably 992 GT3 R&D!
Old 10-09-2019, 02:48 PM
DE-RS2018
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
We will be releasing videos of both the silenced and non silenced versions when we have the car on the dyno next week. Coming soon!

For those who wish to delete the OPF we will have an adapted version of our current Inconel race manifolds which will allow deletion of the OPF and cats.

This system is intended for those who wish to retain their factory OPF headers

1. Direct replacement, no requirement to tune and no CEL.

2. I believe the filter will be replaced with some kind of restrictor / filter however the design of the headers / OPF will be dimensionally the same meaning that this system will still be direct fit. It’s likely that we will just provide a secondary OPF pressure sensor bung as the US cars will not have this fixing.

3. Yes, a Valved version will be coming before year end. Personally I don’t believe it’s necessary to have valves with this particular set up.

4. Costing will be released as soon as we have gathered all of the data and release both the non silenced and silenced OPF race pipes in the coming few weeks

JC
Why do you think no Valves will be required?
do you think it’s louder than the non OPF Center Bypass
Old 10-09-2019, 02:54 PM
EST
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Well done JCR! How much it wights or the weight difference compared with stock system?
Old 10-10-2019, 02:31 AM
threers
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really curious how the result will be! Thanks JLC
Old 10-10-2019, 03:31 AM
DE-RS2018
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

JCR got banned on here (I don’t know why and they don’t know either) if you have questions you want to ask DM them on Instagram (@jcr_porsche) or via Mail they respond very quick.

regards
Old 10-10-2019, 03:54 AM
JonathanWalker
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DE-RS2018
JCR got banned on here (I don’t know why and they don’t know either) if you have questions you want to ask DM them on Instagram (@jcr_porsche) or via Mail they respond very quick.

regards
Just seen his post seems rather silly to ban him giving us all this great info
Old 10-10-2019, 04:04 AM
JonathanWalker
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
Hey all,

Thought it was about time that I get a thread started. A little different to the usual product launches, this time more of a thread to keep updated on the progress of the development.

Now we have some good content to share I thought it was time to make a start!

Anyone who’s been following our social media will have seen that we have been working on the latest OPF (particulate filter) exhaust systems installed on the latest batch 2 GT3 RS and Speedster.

First up we removed the factory OPF exhaust system and began taking measurements and gathering further understanding of the factory installed system

OEM OPF exhaust system

Factory header complete with cats and OPF

Highly restrictive path the gassed are forced to take upon exit of the OPF

The first mock up of how things might look

We first wanted to produce a direct replacement titanium tip option for those owners who wish to simply upgrade their factory installed tips with a high quality titanium part.

Porsche dropped the titanium tips on the latest GT3 RS so we thought it was right to correct that!

CAD drawing of the new titanium JCR bolt on tips

And the finished result came out great!

Titanium bolt on OPF tips

We then went on to make a start on the design of the huge Vband / bend which allows direct fitment to the factory OPF, forming a third of the exhaust system.

Titanium Vband ring

CAD drawing of the complete bend / ring

The factory exhaust integrates the secondary OPF bung to allow the car to take readings to determine the correct and proper function of the OPF at all times.

We integrate this into the bend, in the factory location with a 3D printed titanium bung. Again, allowing easy direct fitment, perfect as per OEM.

3D printed Titanium secondary OPF bung

Now the money shots!

The images below show the JCR Titanium Silenced OPF Race Pipe. We will also be releasing a non silenced version at the same time to allow owners to choose the appropriate level of aggression they desire!

The new system uses the exact same centre merge / tip flange as per our pre OPF race pipes which not only means that signature JCR sound but also opens up a whole host of tip options, including our silenced tips for those keen track drivers with dB limits!

I’ll be sure to keep this post up to date with the latest. Dyno testing next week and a ton of data will be shared!

Any and all questions welcomed

JC
Some great info as always Jonny cant wait for the release!
Old 10-10-2019, 06:38 AM
Cay_PI
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

This is the hardest full qoute I have ever seen ;D
Sorry for OT.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:08 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Sound clips please!

Quick Reply: JCR // Titanium Race Exhaust (GT3 RS OPF / SPEEDSTER)