Old 11-14-2019, 11:28 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 369 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Christian Plyler
Also a butt dyno report.

You see the improvement between about 3500-4900rpm? The old butt dyno can definitely feel that. Like, if you're squirting around in the mid-range, with the PDK in manual mode, using the paddles (to keep the PDK from trying to downshift upwards out of that rpm range), you definitely feel the difference. Now, I know plenty of people have gushed over how good this system is, but let's be completely honest...it's not like you've suddenly slapped a turbo onto the car and gone from 500HP to 850HP. And it's not even like you've suddenly got VTEC Yo! where the power changes suddenly at a specific rpm. It's a mild and smooth, but certainly noticeable, improvement. It's great for what it is...a better exhaust and intake setup on what is already a great naturally aspirated car. As long as you don't have unreasonable expectations, it's excellent. If you DO have unreasonable expectations, I don't know what to tell you.

I haven't driven enough yet to evaluate the butt dyno in the higher rpm range. I guessing it might be hard to tell since everything happens so fast already when you've got the throttle floored and you're wringing the PDK out hard, but I don't know yet.

Do I think it's worth the money? Within reason, yes I do. I know it's expensive. But what else is on the market that will give us such gains for these cars? I would recommend this kit to anyone, within the bounds of reasonable affordability decision making practices, relative to your own financial ability.

And I might want to go louder. I'm now thinking I might want the Crack Pipe, keeping my OEM center muffler to swap in for the very rare occasion that I might be at a track with a sound restriction. Maybe. I'm going to drive it as-is for a month as then decide.

Hey Jamie, does the Crap Pipe have 2.5" main inlet, or 3"?
You should do a Loud muffler with a 3" inlet before a Crack Pipe. Crack Pipe is full on lunacy in a street car... (it does make power though...

jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 11-15-2019, 02:25 AM
s4corrado996tt
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Hi Christian,

Shoot me an email with your address, and phone number and I’ll get things together for you!
Hey Jamie! I was wondering if you have any customer in Taiwan who bought your 991 RS power package, so I may be able to check out his comment? Second what is power gain without your race header/ exhaust and power gain with only plenum/TB installed? Thank you!
Old 11-15-2019, 09:44 AM
Christian Plyler
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 48 Posts

You should do a Loud muffler with a 3" inlet before a Crack Pipe. Crack Pipe is full on lunacy in a street car... (it does make power though...

I think I understand the options. Did you see where I asked you what size inlet the crack pipe has?
Old 11-15-2019, 12:38 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

I'd be interested to see what just the intake side of the equation yields, without messing with exhaust. Why? Two reasons: Some states have strict exhaust laws (CA) and some tracks have strict sound restrictions (93dB days).
Old 11-15-2019, 01:49 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Also a butt dyno report.

You see the improvement between about 3500-4900rpm? The old butt dyno can definitely feel that. Like, if you're squirting around in the mid-range, with the PDK in manual mode, using the paddles (to keep the PDK from trying to downshift upwards out of that rpm range), you definitely feel the difference. Now, I know plenty of people have gushed over how good this system is, but let's be completely honest...it's not like you've suddenly slapped a turbo onto the car and gone from 500HP to 850HP. And it's not even like you've suddenly got VTEC Yo! where the power changes suddenly at a specific rpm. It's a mild and smooth, but certainly noticeable, improvement. It's great for what it is...a better exhaust and intake setup on what is already a great naturally aspirated car. As long as you don't have unreasonable expectations, it's excellent. If you DO have unreasonable expectations, I don't know what to tell you.

I haven't driven enough yet to evaluate the butt dyno in the higher rpm range. I guessing it might be hard to tell since everything happens so fast already when you've got the throttle floored and you're wringing the PDK out hard, but I don't know yet.

Do I think it's worth the money? Within reason, yes I do. I know it's expensive. But what else is on the market that will give us such gains for these cars? I would recommend this kit to anyone, within the bounds of reasonable affordability decision making practices, relative to your own financial ability.

And I might want to go louder. I'm now thinking I might want the Crack Pipe, keeping my OEM center muffler to swap in for the very rare occasion that I might be at a track with a sound restriction. Maybe. I'm going to drive it as-is for a month as then decide.

Hey Jamie, does the Crap Pipe have 2.5" main inlet, or 3"?
I think I understand the options. Did you see where I asked you what size inlet the crack pipe has?
Crack Pipe is 3" inlet
Old 11-15-2019, 01:49 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by s4corrado996tt
Hey Jamie! I was wondering if you have any customer in Taiwan who bought your 991 RS power package, so I may be able to check out his comment? Second what is power gain without your race header/ exhaust and power gain with only plenum/TB installed? Thank you!
Originally Posted by FourT6and2
I'd be interested to see what just the intake side of the equation yields, without messing with exhaust. Why? Two reasons: Some states have strict exhaust laws (CA) and some tracks have strict sound restrictions (93dB days).
We're working on getting this data on my 991.2 RS in the next few weeks. Once we have it will share.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:24 AM
Christian Plyler
Racer

Okay, performed my post-install Dragy 60-130mph tests.

First, a reminder of my pre-install results: average of multiple runs in both direction was 8.80 seconds.

And now my post-install results: average of multiple runs in both directions was 8.44 seconds.

All factors were controlled as closely as possible to be the same. Temp within 2F. Same exact location. Same fuel load. Same button settings in car. Same cool-down cruise loop between each run. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Car definitely pulls a little harder on the butt-dyno. No, it's not like you've slapped twin turbos on it and can suddenly compete with 1800hp Nissans in a drag race. But it's definitely better than it was before. I dunno how to do the math, but I'll bet the post-install car would be 1 or 1.5 car lengths ahead of the pre-install car over the course of those pulls. And this is all with the OEM center muffler still in place and no tune. Pretty dang good, in my opinion, for what is essentially just better headers and intake.

Used to pull like a freight train. Now pulls like a freight train on crack cocaine.
The following 2 users liked this post by Christian Plyler:
aaa335 (11-18-2019), Jamie@dundonmotorsports (11-18-2019)
Old 11-18-2019, 12:03 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 772 Likes on 394 Posts

Okay, performed my post-install Dragy 60-130mph tests.

First, a reminder of my pre-install results: average of multiple runs in both direction was 8.80 seconds.

And now my post-install results: average of multiple runs in both directions was 8.44 seconds.

All factors were controlled as closely as possible to be the same. Temp within 2F. Same exact location. Same fuel load. Same button settings in car. Same cool-down cruise loop between each run. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Car definitely pulls a little harder on the butt-dyno. No, it's not like you've slapped twin turbos on it and can suddenly compete with 1800hp Nissans in a drag race. But it's definitely better than it was before. I dunno how to do the math, but I'll bet the post-install car would be 1 or 1.5 car lengths ahead of the pre-install car over the course of those pulls. And this is all with the OEM center muffler still in place and no tune. Pretty dang good, in my opinion, for what is essentially just better headers and intake.

Used to pull like a freight train. Now pulls like a freight train on crack cocaine.
I did the whole enchilada including Plenum, full exhaust and intake. It's like a new car. 5-7 miles an hour faster on the straights on our 2 mile track (Apex Motor Club in AZ). Let a friend drive it that has a 991.2 GT3 and he said it was 10 miles an hour faster than his (which is PDK as well). Sounds amazing.
The following 4 users liked this post by joejenie:
aaa335 (11-18-2019), Jamie@dundonmotorsports (11-18-2019), Nizer (11-19-2019), s4corrado996tt (11-19-2019)
Old 11-20-2019, 10:50 AM
Christian Plyler
Racer

Originally Posted by joejenie
I did the whole enchilada including Plenum, full exhaust and intake. It's like a new car. 5-7 miles an hour faster on the straights on our 2 mile track (Apex Motor Club in AZ). Let a friend drive it that has a 991.2 GT3 and he said it was 10 miles an hour faster than his (which is PDK as well). Sounds amazing.

Did you do the lifetime black muffler too, or keep the OEM center? I'm thinking about the black muffler now.

Old 11-20-2019, 12:11 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 772 Likes on 394 Posts

I did the lifetime muffler too. I track the car and didn't want the OEM one to crack (keeping exhaust in case I sell down the road).
The following users liked this post:
aaa335 (11-20-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 12:12 AM
s4corrado996tt
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

We're working on getting this data on my 991.2 RS in the next few weeks. Once we have it will share.

Sure! Look forward to your dyno data regarding to the power gain of TB/plenum set up.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:41 PM
flywheel
Track Day

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Any news on this?

Quick Reply: Performance Testers Wanted: Dundon 991.1 GT3RS and 991.2 GT3RS Power Package