Sponsored by:

Rev limiting/ Throttle behavior on manual rev match - 991.2 GT3 Manual

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 03:08 PM
bigdog1250
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
I drove my car to my dealer the other day and my tech looked up any “known” issues on their system and found none. He’s going to hook my car up to PWIS and verify my software is the latest and see if my issues are the same or fixed? Will report back.
Awesome, thanks!
Old 07-05-2019, 08:19 PM
99Gdzra
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 180 Posts

I did make it to the dealer today... my software update was completed. Version 3625 was in the car and it updated to 3671... didn’t change anything from what I could tell. Tech said prolly just latest software the last GT cars came from factory with.
The following users liked this post:
NevB (08-27-2019)
Old 07-06-2019, 09:26 AM
carbondan
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
I did make it to the dealer today... my software update was completed. Version 3625 was in the car and it updated to 3671... didn’t change anything from what I could tell. Tech said prolly just latest software the last GT cars came from factory with.
Damn
Is there any way to submit to Porsche a bug-report or feature request officially?
Old 07-07-2019, 08:51 AM
carbondan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by whojoemama
coming back to the sound; i’ve got 5k miles on mine and not once did it sound like it was drowning.
Could I ask you to run a test?
3rd gear, 3k RPM, put the clutch in and floor the throttle within .25-.5 seconds.
Does it hit a rev limiter or does it rev freely?
Would you happen to know your ECU's software version?
Old 09-08-2019, 03:08 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 79 Posts

Had another "event" a few weeks ago when on the track. Coming into a sharp left turn, downshifted giving it some gas and... nothing, other than burbling or drowning as others have stated, zero power. Tried giving it some more gas after releasing the clutch and still the same. This was all in a matter of a few seconds as heading into the corner which was really disconcerting as effectively I did not have control or any engine management when I really needed it. Definitely scared me and good thing that no one was immediately on my tail. Engine did kick in with third try but I was unnerved. Also, not anywhere near the rev limiter. Spoke with the dealer service manager once again about the issue and have not heard anything back after a few weeks. I do not want that experience again on a track so will not be taking it back out to the track until this gets solved..... although somewhat drastic, thinking of taking it to the dealer and leaving it with them to fix and don't give it back to me until it is solved.

Anyone else lately?
Old 09-08-2019, 03:28 PM
carbondan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nacelle
Had another "event" a few weeks ago when on the track. Coming into a sharp left turn, downshifted giving it some gas and... nothing, other than burbling or drowning as others have stated, zero power. Tried giving it some more gas after releasing the clutch and still the same. This was all in a matter of a few seconds as heading into the corner which was really disconcerting as effectively I did not have control or any engine management when I really needed it. Definitely scared me and good thing that no one was immediately on my tail. Engine did kick in with third try but I was unnerved. Also, not anywhere near the rev limiter. Spoke with the dealer service manager once again about the issue and have not heard anything back after a few weeks. I do not want that experience again on a track so will not be taking it back out to the track until this gets solved..... although somewhat drastic, thinking of taking it to the dealer and leaving it with them to fix and don't give it back to me until it is solved.

Anyone else lately?
I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue and that I'm not going insane.
I hope they can use some revised coding to fix this issue.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:21 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 403 Likes on 210 Posts

Weird, man. That never happens to me. I hope you guys can get this straightened out.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:32 PM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Handed my car in today, for scheduled maintenance. On top of the normal inspection/change items, they are updating the airbag, and... there is a new SW for the manual transmission control unit to be downloaded.

Although I can re-create the rev limiting behaviour described by OP, I have never seen it as a problem because it doesn't interfere at all with my driving style. However, it will be interesting to see if there's a difference somewhere, though.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:36 PM
carbondan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by erik_plus8
Handed my car in today, for scheduled maintenance. On top of the normal inspection/change items, they are updating the airbag, and... there is a new SW for the manual transmission control unit to be downloaded.

Although I can re-create the rev limiting behaviour described by OP, I have never seen it as a problem because it doesn't interfere at all with my driving style. However, it will be interesting to see if there's a difference somewhere, though.
Wow thanks for the update! Can you retry the tests as described after the software update and let us know if you find any differences?
Lots of us would greatly appreciate it!
Old 09-23-2019, 03:26 PM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Sure, will have the car back for the weekend, and will report back. Then I can also disclose if there was a SW version listed etc - today I just caught a glance when signing the hand-in papers.
carbondan (09-23-2019)
Old 09-27-2019, 01:09 PM
bigdog1250
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by erik_plus8
Sure, will have the car back for the weekend, and will report back. Then I can also disclose if there was a SW version listed etc - today I just caught a glance when signing the hand-in papers.
Any updates?
Old 09-28-2019, 04:46 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Sorry, no - there was a misunderstanding between me and the dealer. I thought I would have the car back by now, I called them yesterday to schedule a pick up, but they had planned it to be ready for NEXT weekend...

(Obviously there are more things being done than the service, that's why it's taking some time. I'll report back as soon as I have it again.)
Old 10-01-2019, 10:31 AM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 79 Posts

I had the SW update done last week for the manual transmission, certainly not sure if it is a "fix" for the problem. I have not had a recurrence since my track episode...
Old 10-01-2019, 02:11 PM
carbondan
Rennlist Member

I had the SW update done last week for the manual transmission, certainly not sure if it is a "fix" for the problem. I have not had a recurrence since my track episode...
Very interesting...
I'll have to request it when I go in for my annual fluids.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:26 PM
Bx Tpr
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Had the rear springs replaced on the car and while it was there they did a bunch of other recall work including a DME re-program. Is there a recall code of WKE8 on your paperwork from the dealer?

10k miles on the manual and never an issue
carbondan (10-01-2019)

Quick Reply: Rev limiting/ Throttle behavior on manual rev match - 991.2 GT3 Manual