Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rev limiting/ Throttle behavior on manual rev match - 991.2 GT3 Manual

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 03:33 PM
Chris88
Burning Brakes

Received 225 Likes on 127 Posts

[QUOTE=Bx Tpr;16140544]Had the rear springs replaced on the car and while it was there they did a bunch of other recall work including a DME re-program. Is there a recall code of WKE8 on your paperwork from the dealer?

10k miles on the manual and never an issue
[/Q

Have you noticed any difference with the new rear springs?
Old 10-01-2019, 03:35 PM
carbondan
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

This is all I could find on that code:

TSB Number:

122-B8Y8F-08

NHTSA Number:

TSB Date:

July 12, 2019

Date Added to File:

August 12, 2019

Failing Component:

Equipment

Summary:

Instructions on carrying ou the wke8 workshop campaign, which is a re-programming of the dme control unit in order to correct an error in the fault memory storage of the oxygen sensors on the engine.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:36 PM
Bx Tpr
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

[QUOTE=Chris88;16140562]
Originally Posted by Bx Tpr
Had the rear springs replaced on the car and while it was there they did a bunch of other recall work including a DME re-program. Is there a recall code of WKE8 on your paperwork from the dealer?

10k miles on the manual and never an issue
[/Q

Have you noticed any difference with the new rear springs?
Clunking is gone. The car drives exactly the same as it did before.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:39 PM
Bx Tpr
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by carbondan
This is all I could find on that code:

TSB Number:

122-B8Y8F-08

NHTSA Number:

TSB Date:

July 12, 2019

Date Added to File:

August 12, 2019

Failing Component:

Equipment

Summary:

Instructions on carrying ou the wke8 workshop campaign, which is a re-programming of the dme control unit in order to correct an error in the fault memory storage of the oxygen sensors on the engine.
Thank you sir. I'm also trying to fine info on this manual software update.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:09 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

Anyone know what the manual transmission software update does? No sure I want it. My car drives and sounds perfect right now !
Old 10-01-2019, 06:00 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,018 Likes on 2,838 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Anyone know what the manual transmission software update does? No sure I want it. My car drives and sounds perfect right now !
Yeah, I skipped the latest ECU update when I was at the dealer - couldn't imagine it doing anything to improve on perfect and was worried it might make something worse...

This was generically called "ECU" update, so I don't know if had anything to do with the transmission....
Old 10-02-2019, 04:52 PM
LakeShow
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Nacelle
Had another "event" a few weeks ago when on the track. Coming into a sharp left turn, downshifted giving it some gas and... nothing, other than burbling or drowning as others have stated, zero power. Tried giving it some more gas after releasing the clutch and still the same. This was all in a matter of a few seconds as heading into the corner which was really disconcerting as effectively I did not have control or any engine management when I really needed it. Definitely scared me and good thing that no one was immediately on my tail. Engine did kick in with third try but I was unnerved. Also, not anywhere near the rev limiter. Spoke with the dealer service manager once again about the issue and have not heard anything back after a few weeks. I do not want that experience again on a track so will not be taking it back out to the track until this gets solved..... although somewhat drastic, thinking of taking it to the dealer and leaving it with them to fix and don't give it back to me until it is solved.

Anyone else lately?
I had this exact issue. But I was street driving. Sharp right turn, downshifted, gas, nothing. Another downshift, gas, nothing. And finally on the 3rd attempt power was back. Unnerving for sure. Will take it to the dealer.
The following 2 users liked this post by LakeShow:
carbondan (10-02-2019), NevB (10-02-2019)
Old 10-06-2019, 05:15 PM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

So got the car back on Friday. Since I was late from work I just talked to the service guy over phone before pick up and then sales guy handed over the keys. No print out of what the new SW was, but as verbally explained it was nothing with the gbx, but lambda sensors - as someone already explained above. Regarding the behaviour discussed in this thread, it might be imagination but I feel it is now in fact easier to provoke than before. Maybe because I had no idea it was there before, and it wasn't bothering me, and now I can replicate it at will. Maybe something did change in the download after all, but for the worse. Maybe if they decreased the sensitivity of triggering the rev matching (which is triggered by not moving the throttle pedal). I felt before it was quite sensitive and the smallest movement of the foot would make it not trigger. Now, I'm not sure but it seems to be more "forgiving" to small movements and "assuming" you want the rev match at most times. Not good at all if that's the case. .

I am seriously thinking about asking them to go back in SW version, just to make sure I'm back to where I was very happy with this function. I am still happy, it still doesn't interfere with my normal driving style, it's just that now I'm very aware of this issue. Damn you, internet!
The following users liked this post:
NevB (10-07-2019)
Old 10-06-2019, 07:48 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,018 Likes on 2,838 Posts

Sorry to hear - this is the kind of result that kept me from letting them update my software when they said there was a new version...
Old 10-07-2019, 09:24 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Talked to the dealer today - they claim they can't download the earlier ECU SW version. Does any one know if this bears any truth?
Old 10-07-2019, 09:36 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 288 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Originally Posted by GrantG
Yeah, I skipped the latest ECU update when I was at the dealer - couldn't imagine it doing anything to improve on perfect and was worried it might make something worse...

This was generically called "ECU" update, so I don't know if had anything to do with the transmission....
I was told by a service manager it was related to Cel issues, but I was skeptical, and this thread made me paranoid about some update to the transmission software, so I skipped it as well. If it’s not broken...

Quick Reply: Rev limiting/ Throttle behavior on manual rev match - 991.2 GT3 Manual