Sponsored by:

Part# for ROW WP Rollbar?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 12:09 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

https://www.311rs.com/product/porsch...s-harness-bar/

"The bar was designed to faithfully reproduce the look and feel of the factory Weissach package Ti harness bar, down to the shape and orientation of the gussets.
Produced using Chromoly steel, weighing 37 lbs. with hardware."

Old 06-29-2019, 04:21 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,021 Likes on 647 Posts

The part number for the front part of the cage is 99158010380 and the kit is 99158099599.

Given whoopsy and signes comment - I would check fitment requirements with Porsche Motorsport in the US - I noticed with my cage there are a number of elements to the OEM cage including use of different sized pipe in different parts of the cage along with reinforcement triangles welded in place at a number of points. Porsche will have done this for a reason and as whoopsy rightly said Porsche see the roll cage as an integrated structural element.

It appears that Pelican parts may have some stock (OEM but not titanium).
Old 06-29-2019, 04:30 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 556 Likes on 355 Posts

And the (steel) front part can not be fitted to a rear Ti rollcage.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:32 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,875 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
https://www.311rs.com/product/porsch...s-harness-bar/

"The bar was designed to faithfully reproduce the look and feel of the factory Weissach package Ti harness bar, down to the shape and orientation of the gussets.
Produced using Chromoly steel, weighing 37 lbs. with hardware."

Nice bar. They should make it out of Titanium then they'd sell a ton.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:03 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Nice bar. They should make it out of Titanium then they'd sell a ton.
Yeah but it would cost $10,000.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:20 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Yeah but it would cost $10,000.

don't underestimate what peopler willing to pay to save a few pounds its easier than eating less.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:17 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 286 Likes on 131 Posts

I have quite the collectiom of mufflers and exhaust system parts made of Titanium and Inconel.

What would it take GMG or CMS to buiild their exact same rear cage in Inconel. It is just another type of steel alloy.

I'm against adding 45-70 lbs on a rear heavy steel cage. Porsche made a Chromomoly 28 lbs rear cage for my 996 GT3 16 years ago, and sold it for around $2,500.
Old 06-29-2019, 05:28 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

so, 1) the body in white is different from US vs. RoW? or does it require only a custom bracket we can add for the front?
2) with a modified front bracket the factory titanium one will fit? thus mimicking the factory set up except for the custom bracket?
3) Porsche doesn't want you to buy it because, it wont fit? is dangerous? or they just want to be mean?
Old 06-29-2019, 05:49 PM
Wind911
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
so, 1) the body in white is different from US vs. RoW? or does it require only a custom bracket we can add for the front?
2) with a modified front bracket the factory titanium one will fit? thus mimicking the factory set up except for the custom bracket?
3) Porsche doesn't want you to buy it because, it wont fit? is dangerous? or they just want to be mean?
1) Based on my research, the body in white difference on US vs. RoW should be just the welded plates to mount the main hoop of the clubsport roll bar. Custom brackets that mimic the welded plates are all it need for the US cars to mount the OEM bar.
We might still be missing mounting plates for the optional front half of the full cage, but that's beyond the scope of this discussion.
Some think there are additional reinforcements somewhere in the RoW chassis to make it even safer to work with the roll bar. But that's only speculation. Also by that logic, we shall not add any bolt-in roll bar to our USA car because of safety concerns.

2) WP Ti roll bar and clubsport bar should be interchangeable. As the in RoW Wiessach Package one can opt to have either the Ti roll bar or the clubsport bar.

3) Porsche doesn't want you to buy it because potential lawsuits IMO. In another thread a member that crashed and rolled his RS badly at the Isle of Men had his skull cracked on the roll bar and hurt severely. The roll bar may have just saved his life but in the the land of US of A someone in similar situation will try to suit Porsche and possibly win.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:51 PM
groundhog
Race Car

In my experience it's best not to assume anything with respect to safety equipment, whether it be fire suppression systems, FHR, helmets, harnesses or cages.

A phone call to Porsche Motorsport costs little - the reason I say this is because I'm going through this with the front half of my cage. Fit, mounting, materials, design etc matter.

More specifically the angle of the drivers and passengers dual bars and their respective positions matter when connected to the rear part of the cage. The cage and car behave as a system.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:59 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wind911
1) Based on my research, the body in white difference on US vs. RoW should be just the welded plates to mount the main hoop of the clubsport roll bar. Custom brackets that mimic the welded plates are all it need for the US cars to mount the OEM bar.
We might still be missing mounting plates for the optional front half of the full cage, but that's beyond the scope of this discussion.
Some think there are additional reinforcements somewhere in the RoW chassis to make it even safer to work with the roll bar. But that's only speculation. Also by that logic, we shall not add any bolt-in roll bar to our USA car because of safety concerns.

thats interesting, thanks for the reply, I really wish they would try and keep all the parts similar and maybe force you to sign a disclaimer, some lawyers suck but sometimes car makers go overboard.
Old 06-30-2019, 04:34 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 556 Likes on 355 Posts

Remember a famous Carrera GT accident and the debate about the Carrera GT beeing described as a racing car?

What do you think US Lawyers will think about a GT3 RS with a factory rollcage?
Old 06-30-2019, 04:54 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Wasn't the moral of the story don't get in a car with old tires?

Isn't it the same as not getting in a poorly prepped car?
Old 06-30-2019, 09:16 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

I see the rollcage as potentially adding stiffness which makes a car faster on the track by keeping its suspension working properly, this really is a giant vanity project for many of the people who do it. I thinking about it purely because I want it to look cool.
Old 06-30-2019, 09:22 AM
NotThatFast
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roll cages give attachment points for a harness which means you can use HANS device, which is added safety. The harness also keeps you tight in your seat which is also a plus.

Quick Reply: Part# for ROW WP Rollbar?