Sponsored by:

GT2 RS Market

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 01:13 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Wax, you and I have chatted and you know I’m a Porsche homer bottom line. But I will try new things because it will push Porsche to get better, and the others. I’m one that’s been critical of Mclaren reliability and depreciation, but I’m also a opportunistic where I see value to try a brand. When you threw out 100k off It just needed clarity, and 70k is a big number but not 100k. Also that car is a very, very bad spec and my guess a guy that had a ton of cash and wanted a cushy car.

I do think when depreciation is a non-factor when individuals spend 300k plus on a car because it’s a decimal point on their pay check. In the Porsche world you have buyers that stretch from 911’s to GT cars, but I would say Lambo, Ferrari, Mclaren, and Porsche changes when you get to GT2RS/Speedsters drive different buyers. My goal is to try and buy anything that I deem to be fun, and drive an experience less a depreciation conversation .......but I do like a good deal. If you have a shot go drive a 675LT just for the fun factor ......it blew me away more than I would have ever thought. I drove the snot out of a 720S fast as crap just not for me, and too quiet. No matter what brand you like we’re all lucky to be around in this great car area with all the choice we all have. Porsche now has competition when they pushed into the 200k price point makes you cheat, and say ummmm let’s window shop. Another reason you see so many GT cars popping up because buyers are cross shopping. Porsche was my gateway drug, and I tried Ferrari now MAC with zero regrets just smiles. Lambo hell no just not my style. Happy 4th all .....again love my RS, but nothing wrong with having some choices.
100% agree. I think the 675LT is epic and if you get a good deal then hell yes. Buy it. Did you get the warranty too? If so How much was the warranty?

post pic! 👍
Old 07-04-2019, 01:19 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by A/S
Congratulations.

After tracking the 570S, McLaren became appealing to me again. Previously tracked the 12C and 650S from PBIR club members, no suspension setting worked, they understeer everywhere. The 570S is a gem, and it was not even a track pack (with the nicer seats)

I'm debating between the 488GTB, 720S, 600LT and 675LT to replace my 991.1 Turbo S (I like driving my Turbo S, but it is bland and looks plain). My biggest concern with the 675LT is that they are out of warranty, I don't care about it being slower in straight line compared to a 720S or 488GTB, because there is so much carbon fiber that the looks alone seals it for me. These 4 cars are in the same price range currently.

If the GT2RS prices keep softening, I might give away my GT3RS too soon. But I think that on equal tires (265/325 sticky tires) the three McLarens I mentioned can keep up with the GT2RS on my racetracks (on equal tires the performance gap between the GT2RS and GT3RS is already pretty small).
Yup have been eying the 2RS but the 9000 rpm flat 6 is epic.

If I get the 2RS now I know the 992 3RS is coming and will likely out perform the 991 2RS. As is the 2RS and 3RS are pretty close in track times and not sure the difference is worth $100k for me especially since I’m not a turbo guy and don’t track my RS anyway.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:23 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by zmangt3
Again poor info. Yes the 12c had reliability issues as it was very early on the Macs road going career which is not indicative of the cars being built today. I am a multiple Mac owner and have had Zero issues. Mac hasnt been building cars for many years like Porsche. Any new car companies reliability curve improves exponentially as Mac is.
So enlighten me. What info I just posted was poor. Help me here.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:54 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

The following 2 users liked this post by Maverick787:
robmypro (10-06-2019), thebishman (07-04-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 01:58 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Wow.

Thats my color!!!! Gorgeous.

👍
Old 07-04-2019, 02:24 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 466 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Yup have been eying the 2RS but the 9000 rpm flat 6 is epic.

If I get the 2RS now I know the 992 3RS is coming and will likely out perform the 991 2RS. As is the 2RS and 3RS are pretty close in track times and not sure the difference is worth $100k for me especially since I’m not a turbo guy and don’t track my RS anyway.
im sorry, you're now interested in the "non-motorsport/TurboS engine" in the 2RS? GTFO. Can't wait to see you end up in a Mac next

I guess because you found out your 3RS doesn't come with ITBs you must now be seeking the pinnacle! Lmao...
Old 07-04-2019, 06:33 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
im sorry, you're now interested in the "non-motorsport/TurboS engine" in the 2RS? GTFO. Can't wait to see you end up in a Mac next

I guess because you found out your 3RS doesn't come with ITBs you must now be seeking the pinnacle! Lmao...
Samuel:,Be nice now. 🙃

Its hard being fickle. Just cause you prefer a hot red head doesn’t mean you can’t appreciate a hot blonde and give a look. Sheesh.🙄

Maybe drinking too much today. 🥴 Yeah, that’s probably it. 😎

As to the ITB was just curious. Would rather not have PFs than ITB and pf. I’m good thanks.

Last edited by Waxer; 07-04-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-04-2019, 06:51 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
The GT2RS is a really fantastic car....until the specs of the next 992 Turbo S is released. I think the 992 Turbo S will be a big surprise, and will take away interest from the RS. Imagine similar performance with every-day usability, which will appeal to more buyers than a solely track-focused car.

What makes the GT2RS so notable is the 700+ hp, and it's abilities on the track using that hp. But most owners don't track it... they just own it because it's the "must-have" 911 in 2019. It's certainly not an investment, nor does it hold a reservation at the table of important 911's in Porsche's history. It's definitely not the last turbo-charged engine in the evolution of the 911. So where does that place it? Well, today, it's the most powerful 911 ever produced which gives it a lot of attention. But buyers' attentions will be focused elsewhere in the coming years, and soon no one will care what the most powerful 911 was in the summer of 2019.

Buy it to use it, as it was intended by the geniuses at Weissach. Those guys build the world's best cars, not financial instruments. If you're looking for an investment, buy Tesla puts.
992 TT with 2WD track/drift mode?!
Old 07-04-2019, 06:59 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 466 Likes on 279 Posts

Samuel:,Be nice now. 🙃

Its hard being fickle. Just cause you prefer a hot red head doesn’t mean you can’t appreciate a hot blonde and give a look. Sheesh.🙄

Maybe drinking too much today. 🥴 Yeah, that’s probably it. 😎

As to the ITB was just curious. Would rather not have PFs than ITB and pf. I’m good thanks.
I gave up boozing earlier this year as well as meat actually, but I digress

I just like to call a spade a spade and don't do filters, life is too short and you have gone on and on pounding your chest about the .2 3RS (whether directly or indirectly, whether solicited or not) over cars that may (or may not) be equal or better subjectively over various measurements. Not solely depreciation off listed MSRP that you are aware of, or reliability as perceived in your eyes. And I've seen on RL you bash the 2RS for its lack of "motorsport derived" engine and how its a TurboS flat 6, when I came across that comment...

legal name is Sammy btw, not Samuel but all good there
Old 07-04-2019, 07:09 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
I gave up boozing earlier this year as well as meat actually, but I digress

I just like to call a spade a spade and don't do filters, life is too short and you have gone on and on pounding your chest about the .2 3RS (whether directly or indirectly, whether solicited or not) over cars that may (or may not) be equal or better subjectively over various measurements. Not solely depreciation off listed MSRP that you are aware of, or reliability as perceived in your eyes. And I've seen on RL you bash the 2RS for its lack of "motorsport derived" engine and how its a TurboS flat 6, when I came across that comment...

legal name is Sammy btw, not Samuel but all good there
Sammy: Well you can’t fault me for enthusiasm. I don’t have much of a filter either if you didn’t know. 😁 I appreciate people that say it like it is. Bring it. If I agree I’ll say. If not I’ll say and explain why.

Never bashed the 2RS. Just putting facts on the table. The 2RS is epic. Yes it’s tempted me at times. But I’m weak that way. 😉

Bottom line.. we’re still on the same team as I see it. We love cars and Porsche GT cars.

Oh, since you gave up meat I’ll have your burger at our 4th bbq now happing. 😁
Old 07-04-2019, 08:04 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

If you're not tracking the 2RS vs 3RS is a moot point, sure the high revving NA is epic but on track the crazy torque beast just destroys the 3 times may be close on certain tracks but driving the Turbo is like wrangling a dragon the thing is just actively trying to kill you in comparison. Looking just at MSRP the 3RS is the deal of the century and nothing at the price point can compare. And thats my problem is the 2Rs worth 50% more? Of course not but these are not decisions to be made sanely, just buy it if you can and drive the $#!+ out of it. I'm still looking.......
Old 07-04-2019, 08:39 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by race7117
If you're not tracking the 2RS vs 3RS is a moot point, sure the high revving NA is epic but on track the crazy torque beast just destroys the 3 times may be close on certain tracks but driving the Turbo is like wrangling a dragon the thing is just actively trying to kill you in comparison. Looking just at MSRP the 3RS is the deal of the century and nothing at the price point can compare. And thats my problem is the 2Rs worth 50% more? Of course not but these are not decisions to be made sanely, just buy it if you can and drive the $#!+ out of it. I'm still looking.......
All what floats your boat.

3RS is plenty fast and nasty. Fast enough for me. 2RS no doubt is a torque monster.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:58 PM
hashash
Burning Brakes

Received 221 Likes on 147 Posts

I have both cars , i truely enjoy the 3RS but the 2RS pull is crazy fast , i might try to do a pull with both cars with a friend to see . I think you will be shocked . The 2RS is a monster and very smooth in its power delivery . Its amazing imo.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:38 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by hashash
I have both cars , i truely enjoy the 3RS but the 2RS pull is crazy fast , i might try to do a pull with both cars with a friend to see . I think you will be shocked . The 2RS is a monster and very smooth in its power delivery . Its amazing imo.
No doubt 2RS is faster. 700 hp TT vs 520 hp NA.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:47 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

No doubt 2RS is faster. 700 hp TT vs 520 hp NA.
It's not just the speed but how that speed gets laid down, the 2RS is more of a challenge. The 3RS is really the best track/road car out there just sweet in delivery and performance and easy to correct even at the limit. The 2 just punishes those that tease, exits speed require true commitment or things will go bad. I found even small courses to be a real challenge and.............dammit now I've just convinced myself to buy one. I really don't want to spend that level of money over the 3 but it just keeps calling

Quick Reply: GT2 RS Market