Sponsored by:

GT2 RS Market

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 05:32 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 430 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
Nope - not even close - but that's an opinion (mine). YMMV. Unless you have to have the fastest track car - i'd stay with a manual Gt3 Touring and a PDK RS. Seems like 700HP is overkill for the street.
Its really not overkill by today's standards, especially considering a 3,200+ lb curb weight.

Originally Posted by joejenie
.......By the end of the year, they will move through this inventory and prices will stiffen up again. Today is the day to buy IMHO.
Curious....why do you think "prices will stiffen up again"?
Old 05-28-2019, 05:45 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanDDWPartners
The GT2RS is fast on the track. I lapped one last week here at our new private 2.3mile track. It was almost 2sec quicker than my 19 3RS. I have video of my 3RS lap and only clips of the 2RS lap. 3RS lap was a 1.47 with a 250lbs passenger. Easily a 1.46 lap. The 2RS I only did three total laps, first time driving one on a track and it went 1.45. Two more laps and I would have been in the 1.44's. I also lapped a 600LT and 720S. Those videos are on my YouTube if you want to see them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggdyNQRmHMo&t=32s

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxu_roeF..._web_copy_link

Not a member yet but ready to come down and break some records
Old 05-28-2019, 06:55 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 327 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by dave292
Give it a rest. You want one, can't afford one at the current rates so you're pissing on all of us who own and enjoy these cars. Get lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow....Jeez.....
Old 05-28-2019, 07:02 PM
RyanDDWPartners
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt

Not a member yet but ready to come down and break some records

Records are meant to be broken. Head down with the ZR1 and try I have one of those right now too. Haven't had it out at the track though.
Old 05-29-2019, 02:18 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,800 Likes on 2,376 Posts

Jesus...
just buy the car and drive it
The following users liked this post:
JAhmed (11-20-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 12:31 PM
DM1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I pulled the trigger yesterday and got it. Thanks Ryan with DDW partners.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:13 PM
dave292
Rennlist Member

Received 265 Likes on 117 Posts

Congratulations!!!!
Old 05-29-2019, 02:31 PM
Fusion
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
You are right, I can't afford one OR I think prices are coming down and why overpay. Why are you so sensitive? It's the internet brah, breathe. If you own the car, who cares what it's worth...drive it and enjoy.

Oh and the same thing is happening with the GT3RS market too and prices should be MSRP or lower and I own one but couldn't give a rats *** since I'm enjoying driving it.
you'd have to do the usctrojan special move and throw another Montana plate on it to make it happen
Old 05-29-2019, 03:29 PM
carnut52
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

I bought a GT2RS ( from a flipper of course) and payed well over sticker ($60K) 5 months ago. I've enjoyed the car everyday since buying it. It was exactly as I would have optioned it and only 2 weeks old. The nice thing is I went ahead and just did it because I wanted too. No mental gyrations, indecision, and NO WAITING. I didn't have to follow ships crossing the Atlantic or worry about paint correction or a million other things. I traded a 19 GT3RS and a '17 TTS for it plus $20K. My bottom line is you can stress out about the price or "JUST BUY ONE" and start enjoying it. Would'a, could'a and should'a always miss out. In this price range what's a few thousand dollars one way or another. They are toys.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:43 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,080 Likes on 2,331 Posts

Originally Posted by Fusion
you'd have to do the usctrojan special move and throw another Montana plate on it to make it happen
Why pay sales tax when I won't keep the car long? I pay enough in taxes and the car would pretty much only see track duty as I don't do cars & coffee.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:44 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carnut52
I bought a GT2RS ( from a flipper of course) and payed well over sticker ($60K) 5 months ago. I've enjoyed the car everyday since buying it. It was exactly as I would have optioned it and only 2 weeks old. The nice thing is I went ahead and just did it because I wanted too. No mental gyrations, indecision, and NO WAITING. I didn't have to follow ships crossing the Atlantic or worry about paint correction or a million other things. I traded a 19 GT3RS and a '17 TTS for it plus $20K. My bottom line is you can stress out about the price or "JUST BUY ONE" and start enjoying it. Would'a, could'a and should'a always miss out. In this price range what's a few thousand dollars one way or another. They are toys.
Nice, congrats...what color is the GT2RS? Like I said, no shame in paying for what you want when you want it....I did it for the .1RS.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:09 PM
msimon9
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Current GT2RS market? Easy, it's full of dreamers thinking they'll get big amounts of MSRP while inventory continues to grow as more sellers come out of the woodwork.

I’ll post this again here and from here on out on every new “value” discussion bashing the values of our cars.

It is truly a shame that this “Porsche” enthusiast forum is the only place that takes cars that we all love and many own and bashes the values of such fine automobiles. It’s like you all want the brand to be inexpensive enough for everyone to own. It’s not a Honda, it’s a PORSCHE! The R’s deserve to bring big money, it’s a rare collectible. I took a drive in a buddy of mines new Honda Civic Type R. It was numbered xxxxx of some 34xxx. Yes 34k type R’s are being built and they will hold their value incredibly well. So any Porsche is pretty rare, especially the GT and RS and R’s. I wish rennlist would ban all value discussions and bring this back to an informative forum without so much opinions from those who do not own/can’t afford these cars. Not all cars are for everyone. It’s OK. Frustrating, yes, but so is life. Get over it and go buy a Civic, it’s a pretty Impressive car.
Rennlist is really close to losing me, and many of my colleagues as members if this continues. Let’s keep it to tech and meet ups and positive conversation. We share a passion, let’s enjoy it on this forum as well.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:07 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 430 Likes on 267 Posts

$60k is about 1 year's worth of median US income, and unless you are exceptionally creative, from after-tax funds. I donno, I would have waited a bit, followed the ship, and done the rest of the song and dance, but who am I to judge? Its all good. Congrats and Enjoy!
Old 05-29-2019, 05:13 PM
carnut52
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

It's the launch color-silver with black/red interior with WP and mag wheels. Even when I don't drive it ,I love looking at it in my garage. It brings a smile to my face on my way to work and thats worth a lot.
GT_2RS (10-05-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 05:33 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

It's the launch color-silver with black/red interior with WP and mag wheels. Even when I don't drive it ,I love looking at it in my garage. It brings a smile to my face on my way to work and thats worth a lot.
Then it was money well spent.
JAhmed (11-20-2019)

Quick Reply: GT2 RS Market