Sponsored by:

GT2 RS Market

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 12:26 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 866 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Would you keep a ‘18 Manual PTS GT3 and a ‘19 GT3 RS or trade them both for a GT2 RS at MSRP?
Thoughts?
Nope - not even close - but that's an opinion (mine). YMMV. Unless you have to have the fastest track car - i'd stay with a manual Gt3 Touring and a PDK RS. Seems like 700HP is overkill for the street.
The following users liked this post:
catdog2 (10-05-2019)
Old 05-28-2019, 12:45 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,080 Likes on 2,331 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
As always old voice of doom. Good luck on a below MSRP car with all the packages and no stories.
Voice of doom? hahaha I'm not saying the GT2RS will below $300k but there will be plenty available at and under MSRP in the near term. I think we've all seen how the ADM story ends with all non-numbers GT cars but all GT cars will hold value well compares to other cars like exotic cars.

Don't worry, you got the car at MSRP so you'll see little depreciation. I'm sorry that the reality hurts the fan boys, it's just how history will play out again. As for me, I'm never paying over MSRP for another GT car again....MSRP OR BUST!
Old 05-28-2019, 12:49 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rodsky
Nope - not even close - but that's an opinion (mine). YMMV. Unless you have to have the fastest track car - i'd stay with a manual Gt3 Touring and a PDK RS. Seems like 700HP is overkill for the street.
I'm just curious on how the GT2RS performs on the track, there's really no other place to drive the car with all that power so it's a bit of a curiosity for me.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:09 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 586 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'm just curious on how the GT2RS performs on the track, there's really no other place to drive the car with all that power so it's a bit of a curiosity for me.
I've seen plenty of .2 3RS' at the track this year but not a single 2RS so far. I'd like to see one in the hands of a fast driver on track as well.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:19 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 866 Likes on 591 Posts

Voice of doom? hahaha I'm not saying the GT2RS will below $300k but there will be plenty available at and under MSRP in the near term. I think we've all seen how the ADM story ends with all non-numbers GT cars but all GT cars will hold value well compares to other cars like exotic cars.

Don't worry, you got the car at MSRP so you'll see little depreciation. I'm sorry that the reality hurts the fan boys, it's just how history will play out again. As for me, I'm never paying over MSRP for another GT car again....MSRP OR BUST!
More like a voice of reality vs a voice of doom . I'm not sure under $300 but unless its an unusual build, PTS etc, its on the way to MSRP. Now, if its used and with some miles - not hard to see under MSRP in the not too distant future.

Hey if you paid ADM - no need to get upset. Its probably no problem as its hopefully meaningless cash to you for the sake of getting a hard to obtain car - at the exact point you wanted it. I paid an ADM for an M3 in 2001 for goodness sake. If you paid ADM thinking its a collectors item or would appreciate well then I have nothing to say................
Old 05-28-2019, 02:17 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rodsky
More like a voice of reality vs a voice of doom . I'm not sure under $300 but unless its an unusual build, PTS etc, its on the way to MSRP. Now, if its used and with some miles - not hard to see under MSRP in the not too distant future.

Hey if you paid ADM - no need to get upset. Its probably no problem as its hopefully meaningless cash to you for the sake of getting a hard to obtain car - at the exact point you wanted it. I paid an ADM for an M3 in 2001 for goodness sake. If you paid ADM thinking its a collectors item or would appreciate well then I have nothing to say................
Yeah, I hear you. I paid an ADM for my .1RS so I've been down the ADM road myself. Now that I have a relationship with a good dealer I don't have to worry about non-numbered GT allocations.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:37 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Yeah, I hear you. I paid an ADM for my .1RS so I've been down the ADM road myself. Now that I have a relationship with a good dealer I don't have to worry about non-numbered GT allocations.
Yep been down the ADM road on my .1RS. Never again. Patience wins out in the GT car game and as I get older the "gotta have it now" syndrome is waning
Old 05-28-2019, 02:38 PM
RyanDDWPartners
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

The GT2RS is fast on the track. I lapped one last week here at our new private 2.3mile track. It was almost 2sec quicker than my 19 3RS. I have video of my 3RS lap and only clips of the 2RS lap. 3RS lap was a 1.47 with a 250lbs passenger. Easily a 1.46 lap. The 2RS I only did three total laps, first time driving one on a track and it went 1.45. Two more laps and I would have been in the 1.44's. I also lapped a 600LT and 720S. Those videos are on my YouTube if you want to see them.

View this post on Instagram
Old 05-28-2019, 02:39 PM
RyanDDWPartners
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

View this post on Instagram
ops double post....
Old 05-28-2019, 02:56 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 161 Posts

I'm not a track rat but I think the 2RS is a ball on the street. You can use torque anywhere. It makes any 3 feel slow.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:08 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 777 Likes on 395 Posts

I have seen several 2RS at dealers now that would happily take MSRP. I will say though that the dealers I frequent have been able to sell almost all of their GT3RS and GT2RS. The cars they are sitting on are normal GT3s. My local dealer has 1-2RS on the showroom, 0-3RS on the showroom (1-2 more coming though that aren't sold). They have 4 GT3s that they have had for a long time though. They had 5 but sold one last week finally. By the end of the year, they will move through this inventory and prices will stiffen up again. Today is the day to buy IMHO.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:15 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

The GT2RS is a really fantastic car....until the specs of the next 992 Turbo S is released. I think the 992 Turbo S will be a big surprise, and will take away interest from the RS. Imagine similar performance with every-day usability, which will appeal to more buyers than a solely track-focused car.

What makes the GT2RS so notable is the 700+ hp, and it's abilities on the track using that hp. But most owners don't track it... they just own it because it's the "must-have" 911 in 2019. It's certainly not an investment, nor does it hold a reservation at the table of important 911's in Porsche's history. It's definitely not the last turbo-charged engine in the evolution of the 911. So where does that place it? Well, today, it's the most powerful 911 ever produced which gives it a lot of attention. But buyers' attentions will be focused elsewhere in the coming years, and soon no one will care what the most powerful 911 was in the summer of 2019.

Buy it to use it, as it was intended by the geniuses at Weissach. Those guys build the world's best cars, not financial instruments. If you're looking for an investment, buy Tesla puts.

Last edited by ChicagoWhale; 05-29-2019 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:24 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 170 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by RDCR
I've seen plenty of .2 3RS' at the track this year but not a single 2RS so far. I'd like to see one in the hands of a fast driver on track as well.
There were three at Road America this past weekend. One of them had an incident at T14 and was put on a flatbed to the paddock. Didn't see the car after so I don't what shape it was in or even what happened.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:25 PM
porsche.
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In Arizona at Apex, there's plenty of guys playing with both GT3RS and GT2RS daily.. kinda make sense given the car was built to do that.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:55 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 777 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche.
In Arizona at Apex, there's plenty of guys playing with both GT3RS and GT2RS daily.. kinda make sense given the car was built to do that.
Yep, one of those is me! I have seen all kinds of cool cars at Apex. I know of 2-2RS that frequent there as well as 3 or 4 3RS. Several Macs as well. Even seen a Senna once.

Quick Reply: GT2 RS Market