Mr New Ultra Violett

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 09:31 AM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard.
ok so traded my very low miles Scuderia for this with 2k miles
You Sir, have committed an automotive cardinal sin...

You letta go una Scuderia??? Quick someone call-a the carabinieri!!
Old 05-19-2019, 10:04 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Beautiful car, the black LEDs look especially good on that build. Congrats on the upgrade.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:04 PM
MovingChicane
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Questions for the f430 Scuderia owners. If you could have had a manual in that car, would you have kept it, or enjoyed it more? Since that shop in Texas started offering the manual conversion, I've been thinking about buying a used Scud coupe to do this also.. conceptually, it would seem like a perfect keeper forever last of the beautiful analogue cars.. am I thinking of it too highly?
In my case, a manual version (whether original or a conversion) would not have changed my mind. I really didn't have an issue with the SFII system.

Just get a good one when you do as they can be finicky/fragile cars. And get your service support system squared away as well (dealer service or independent) even if just for the annuals.For the record, I had no issues (other than a key) during my several years of ownership - car was rock solid. Never felt rock solid though. LOL!
Old 05-20-2019, 12:53 AM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 673 Likes on 365 Posts

I have had my scuderia the last 2 years. Just got a 991.2 3rs in January. I am a die hard manual guy, those 2 cars are my only no 3 pedals. That being said as a huge enthusiasts, the scuderia transmission the superfast 2 was only put in that and the 599 gto. It was literally yanked out of the 2006 f1 car. It is an evolution of racing history we will never see again, a lightning fast single clutch. It feels like ur shooting a revolver each time you shift, as like i said a die hard manual guy I think it’s criminal to ever take that out of a scud. I think the only reason you would get rid of it is just room and limited financial resources. That’s the only reason I will ever part with mine which I never plan on.

As as far as the sound and the seats go, the seats are WAY better than the Porsche’s as far as comfort goes and they get the job done just as well and a normal f430 is like 15db’s quieter. The sound it emits is pure racecar, much more so than even the 991.2 3rs Normal 430 is much more civil
Old 05-20-2019, 04:57 AM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

Would love to hear more feedback re: Scud vs. GT3RS, as the only car I can see myself replacing my GT3RS with is a Scuderia (or a GT2RS, but I need to drive one before I make that assumption).
Old 05-20-2019, 08:06 AM
ubtrippin
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Awesome color. Congrats
Old 05-20-2019, 08:40 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,085 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by MovingChicane
In my case, a manual version (whether original or a conversion) would not have changed my mind. I really didn't have an issue with the SFII system.

Just get a good one when you do as they can be finicky/fragile cars. And get your service support system squared away as well (dealer service or independent) even if just for the annuals.For the record, I had no issues (other than a key) during my several years of ownership - car was rock solid. Never felt rock solid though. LOL!
I know that feeling! Every Ferrari I owned felt fragile to me. But my brain keeps wandering back to the Scud as my next stupid purchase. For now I'm resisting.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:19 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 673 Likes on 365 Posts

The 991.2 3rs or really most gt Porsche’s feel very solid like it’s as tight as a safe. Even my 993 feels that way. They are very composed, heavier steering, no more drama than the car absolutely needs. Even the 997.1 gt3 feels much much more refined then the scuderia. The 991.2 gt3rs has a near perfect gearbox, an engine that feels like it was built from diamonds, a wheel and tire combo that make it feel like you will warp the pavement before your tires break traction, an exhaust note that is pure metallic unfiltered joy and the cabin is very nice.

The scuderia feels decades less refined but the scuderia does everything in the most dramatic fashion imaginable. It’s extremely loud on startup, absurdly loud at full throttle, feels like ur firing a 12 gauge shotgun every time you shift and changes direction like a go kart. It has a metal exposed floorboard and carbon fiber doors, It honestly feels like ur driving a huge go kart with a race engine, almost that ur literally in an f1 car like it’s just wheels and a big engine. You look back and the carbon fiber race engine is basically strapped to your back like a jetpack. I got the car when I was just 28 as i had a goal since I was probably 15 to get a red Ferrari by 30. Keep in mind i floor every car i have pretty much everyday, i am obsessed with cars. Well it is the only car i have that even at this age after driving the car for 15 minutes I feel like my adrenal glands are depleted fully. It’s a similar feeling to what it is like after tracking my m4 all day but happens very fast. The car just emits so many emotions, sounds, feelings it actually makes you exhausted.

The 991.2 gt3rs feels like a much much better overall car but the scuderia does things no other car will ever do and will give you a feeling that just can’t be replicated. I do think the scuderia is more beautiful as mine is red with no stripe and gold wheels but WAY more normal people like the Miami blue gt3rs with silver wheels more. The scuderia is for enthusiasts indeed, anyone can enjoy the gt3rs. I say that from the standpoint I dd my gt3rs, you would be a madman to dd a scuderia it’s just too much it would be exhausting and uncomfortable. But thats what makes the scuderia special...
Old 05-20-2019, 02:11 PM
Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by WantA997
Would love to hear more feedback re: Scud vs. GT3RS, as the only car I can see myself replacing my GT3RS with is a Scuderia (or a GT2RS, but I need to drive one before I make that assumption).
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...ewer-gt3s.html
Old 05-22-2019, 12:13 PM
goldberg
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats!
Perfect colour choice!
Old 06-02-2019, 04:26 PM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 128 Posts

2 weeks in, no regrets AT ALL, 991.1RS sooooo much more fun on the road, with modern vs 2008 tech inside, no comparison, but as noted Im not selling my 430 Spider, with Carbon seats, Carbon brakes, Ferrari Tubi Sport exhaust EVER
Old 06-02-2019, 06:43 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Old 06-02-2019, 09:10 PM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 142 Posts

Wow I’m a black wheels kinda guy but U-V with silver wheels looks super. Congrats
Old 06-02-2019, 09:13 PM
NCheok
Rennlist Member

Received 772 Likes on 453 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Richard.
The clear lights look so much simpler no, given there is already so much color
On the contrary, the clear breaks the look, clear on top, red reflectors at the bottom?

Perhaps it's just me, the clear tail lights look awfully cheap and does not belong on any Porsche, let alone a RS. The OEM reds look way more aggressive especially on UV.

Glad Porsche got sensible with the .2 and 992 and never release it again.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:30 AM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 128 Posts
Default Clear Tail Lights

Here is the comparison

Quick Reply: Mr New Ultra Violett