Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gt3 Touring high frequency dash vibration

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 04:17 PM
marchitect
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I just posted a related post. I'm on my 2nd Climate Control unit as the dealer replaced it once already. The vibration in question (for me) is namely the fan control switch but other buttons in the same control unit also contribute to the buzzing - rattling sound. Since this is an inherent issue (defect) with the Climate Control unit. I requested any info on how to dissemble the control unit to add some additional dampening material at the switch locations. FWIW, my dealer replaced Climate Control unit "seemed" to resolve the issue for about 3 months but it's back and I know a replacement unit will not provide a long term solution. The only solution I see is to get instructions on how to disassemble the Climate Control unit and get to the source of the issue. Any information on unit disassembly would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-08-2020, 04:21 PM
marchitect
Advanced

Default Any solutions to this issue?

Originally Posted by Gasman85
Check the rocker switch that controls the ac fan speed as well as the temperature ones. Mine would vibrate and rattle around 4K rpm
Yes, that's the issue. Did you find a resolve to this issue? Thanks
Old 12-08-2020, 04:42 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 584 Likes on 326 Posts

Holy Mackerel...all I want for Christmas is for my GT car to stay rattle free
Old 12-12-2020, 03:43 PM
stumil
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

This thread helped me identify the source of the vibration in my 2019 GT3 Touring which is most pronounced from about 3500rpm to 5500rpm. As many have written, it's the climate control module just under the PCM. Today, when I applied pressure with one finger to the bar at the top of the climate control module (it doesn't take a lot of pressure), the vibration stops. The end of my pen in the attached photo points to the spot to apply pressure to. Knowing the source of the vibration (and how to stop it) should help my dealer take the problem seriously, and hopefully rectify it. Will keep you posted.

Thanks to those who have posted regarding the source of the vibration - it's a big help!

Last edited by stumil; 12-12-2020 at 03:45 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by stumil:
erik_plus8 (12-12-2020), Lebreeze (12-13-2020), NevB (12-14-2020), PhoenixINX (12-14-2020)
Old 12-14-2020, 11:34 AM
PhoenixINX
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by stumil
This thread helped me identify the source of the vibration in my 2019 GT3 Touring which is most pronounced from about 3500rpm to 5500rpm. As many have written, it's the climate control module just under the PCM. Today, when I applied pressure with one finger to the bar at the top of the climate control module (it doesn't take a lot of pressure), the vibration stops. The end of my pen in the attached photo points to the spot to apply pressure to. Knowing the source of the vibration (and how to stop it) should help my dealer take the problem seriously, and hopefully rectify it. Will keep you posted.

Thanks to those who have posted regarding the source of the vibration - it's a big help!
Wish I had checked this thread earlier...

Was out this weekend and with the cooler temps I had the windows up, grinding my teeth to this vibration while rowing through the gear. Had almost forgotten about it, since with the windows down I never hear it.
Old 12-14-2020, 09:27 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,657 Likes on 922 Posts

This engine has certain harmonic characteristics that will unfortunately make these buzzing noises a common occurrence. I really think there are two options here:

- Make the exhaust louder which will mask these issues to some extent (but there might be new ones if you get an exhaust that drones)

- Install sound deadening in the cabin which will address this issue for good but it adds weight and removes the character
Old 12-27-2020, 11:40 PM
marchitect
Advanced

Default 991 Climate Control Unit No More Buzzing - Rattles - Solved !

Here's a link to the solution. Including PDF instructions and YouTube videos. It's easy and makes a HUGE difference !!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1226...e-buzzing.html

Old 12-17-2023, 02:30 PM
TheTrackDude
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by marchitect
Here's a link to the solution. Including PDF instructions and YouTube videos. It's easy and makes a HUGE difference !!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1226...e-buzzing.html
Thanks for posting this, saved offline. After giving launch control a try for the first time yesterday (new to me/last six months, 991.2 GT3), I have some interior vibrations (resonance based, certain rpms, and location seems right). Hoping this is it/fixed them.

-Ben
Old 12-17-2023, 03:05 PM
sunspot2013
Instructor

Received 136 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by TheTrackDude
Thanks for posting this, saved offline. After giving launch control a try for the first time yesterday (new to me/last six months, 991.2 GT3), I have some interior vibrations (resonance based, certain rpms, and location seems right). Hoping this is it/fixed them.

-Ben
I have found these threads invaluable in identifying and eliminating the few rattles/vibrations in my GT3T that like you only occurred within certain RPM ranges. I also found this to be very useful:

https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...roblem%20spots.

All but one of my issues were solved by using this CD, which is much easier than having to test drive the car/have a passenger pressing on things etc..

Quick Reply: Gt3 Touring high frequency dash vibration