Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Montoya's European Delivery Blog

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 11:54 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 79 Posts

What a journey for you...finally!!! Car looks fantastic!
Old 09-19-2018, 01:00 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

Great color and great trip so
Look forward to more.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:16 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by ruuddevil
Congrats, beautiful car. And thanks for sharing the experience.
: )

Originally Posted by chachee
Marvelous color, Congrats!!

Thank you for sharing your experience about PPF, I have the exact same question. If not doing ED, I guess it makes more send to do it after you take delivery.

Cheers and enjoy!
I am doing European Delivery- the installation is being done here in Leipzig Germany by CreaSigns.

Originally Posted by beoliving
what a day! Such a great color! So hope you had a good time with us and what I can say the Porsche Enthusiast Family is global. we reserved the best spot for the group photo of the line up of all cars, very well deseved. Enjoy the the car!!!
Yes it is, so fun sharing the Porsche experience with everyone. Interesting to learn Porsche ordering is very similar in Germany as it is in USA.

Originally Posted by mooty
beauty congrats
Thanks Mooty- Hope to drive it down to your area one of these days. It will still be in Europe whey I'm at Sonoma for the Runoffs in a couple of weeks. I'll be driving down my new Australian car!

LS3 V8 with a manual will help me forget the GT3 for a little while!

Originally Posted by wmond
Absolutely sick color. Best pts color I’ve seen, by a wide margin. Enjoy.
I think so too!!

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Technically, it is a historic color
Gulf Orange 019

Exceptionally tasteful, waiting to see a Touring in the same
There is a Gulf Orange color, but my car is Pastel Orange Z17

Originally Posted by Nacelle
What a journey for you...finally!!! Car looks fantastic!
Thank-you!!

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Great color and great trip so
Look forward to more.
Austria tomorrow, chilling out in Leipzig while we wait for the PPF today.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:11 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Car looks awesome. I have always liked orange on these cars, especially on the 997 RS. The color just fits these cars perfectly. Have a great trip. Looks like a blast.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:30 AM
Bgee55
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Car looks awesome. Are you in Oregon? If so definitely like to see it in person someday. Mines arrives in few weeks.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:38 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
: )
There is a Gulf Orange color, but my car is Pastel Orange Z17
Thank you,
My mistake, have GT3T in 019 due Turkey day and every option you selected (that I've seen so far) is exactly like mine.
Had coffee with Eduardo and asked about any other Gulf Orange 019 and I misunderstood when he mentioned you.
Better than a rendering for sure
Appreciate you sharing a great time of year for Euro Delivery,

That car in ANY autumn colors is going to be so photogenic!
Old 09-19-2018, 02:44 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by robmypro
Car looks awesome. I have always liked orange on these cars, especially on the 997 RS. The color just fits these cars perfectly. Have a great trip. Looks like a blast.

It sure has!

Originally Posted by Bgee55
Congrats! Car looks awesome. Are you in Oregon? If so definitely like to see it in person someday. Mines arrives in few weeks.

Yes Portland- Haven't been active in PCA events- racing and skiing always take precedence but always up for whatever on a nice day. Car is being delivered to Kendall Porsche of Bend if you are in that area it will probably be in their showroom for a few days until I can trailer it over the passes in Dec- Jan time frame.

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Thank you,
My mistake, have GT3T in 019 due Turkey day and every option you selected (that I've seen so far) is exactly like mine.
Had coffee with Eduardo and asked about any other Gulf Orange 019 and I misunderstood when he mentioned you.
Better than a rendering for sure
Appreciate you sharing a great time of year for Euro Delivery,

That car in ANY autumn colors is going to be so photogenic!
You can check my list (link below in my signature). Check it out, it has links to the pictures of the cars when delivered. Two so far listed with links, but no other car in Gulf Orange in USA among the 160 or so PTS cars I have listed. I'll put you on the list now with a Touring PTS Gulf Orange, do you have any Exclusive options? Your dealer state? And production month (assume it's September). Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-19-2018, 03:21 PM
mr965
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 87 Posts

Congrats! Beautiful color. What a great trip. Look forward to seeing this around PDX.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:07 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Default Leipzig a city of heroes!

So we had a down day today and did a little shopping in Leipzig and explored the local area. The old downtown area is like one big mall, a ton of shops from high end to low. We enjoyed it!

So much of Germany has a complicated and dark history and Leipzig is no exception. I didn't realize until our visit what a pivotal role Leipzig played in the reunification of Germany and the eventual fall of the Berlin Wall and the DDR government. Demonstrations started in 1989 in Leipzig at the St. Nicholas church for democratic reforms and freedom to travel. In fact, the term Leipzig, a city of heroes came from Berlin in appreciation of the role they played in bringing down the wall. The church is right near our Hotel:

Very beautiful inside so worth the visit. Martin Luther was said to preach here.

This mural commemorates the Monday demonstrations:

Eventually 300,000 people took part in these demonstrations in Leipzig, a city of 500,000! More info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday...n_East_Germany
A must see is the museum in the old city hall with a complete and unvarnished history of Leipzig up until the present day. Very much like Berlin with a complicated and somewhat dark past.

Porsche hosts you in the Steigenberger Hotel which is a top rated Hotel. Its close to all the shops and right in the center of old town. Highly recommend the restaurant where we ate tonight for dinner.

Tomorrow we pick up the car from the detailer putting on the PPF and off for our journey to Austria near Hallstatt.

Last edited by montoya; 09-19-2018 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:19 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 187 Posts

That's for the photo's and commentary. Lovely car!
Old 09-20-2018, 10:38 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Nice new avatar Montoya!
Now hurry up and post more photos, your fans are waiting!;= LOL
Surely must have collected the clear bra install completed....
Old 09-21-2018, 03:25 AM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats Andre! Finally....... Car looks awesome!
Old 09-21-2018, 03:28 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Delivery was Tuesday and right after I drove it straight to the detail shop for PPF- almost a full wrap- full front, roof, and complete rear fender. Took 1 1/2 days so we picked it up yesterday afternoon and drove 600K to our next stop in Austria. Autobahn was crowed with several construction zones all the way to the Austrian border. There were spots tho unrestricted and we drove at approx 200 KPH to 210 for some stretches- fun! I would have gone faster but wasn’t sure of the break in limitations- turns out the World Wide manual I have says under 7K for just the first 1500 km- in 6th at 200kph it’s only 5500rpm so I could have gone probably 240 or so. Fuel mileage at one point was 13 mpg when we had some open stretches after Nuremberg.

All told it was a 600 kilometer drive yesterday and thanks to Apple Maps update, I used Google Maps in satellite view the whole way, awesome! Pandora, Stitcher, and Spotify kept us entertained when we were in the 80kph construction zones. These apps seem to work better with the latest update too.

Juliane Leo and her husband do fantastic work! Very professional. Highly recommend!

Juliane made this sticker to replace my front plate. Awesome! While not legal she has never had an issue in the last few years doing this.

Juliane installed the infamous Montoya mud flaps I brought at no charge. So glad I put them on, on the way to the Autobahn in Leipzig we hit a stretch of road that had just been chipped and sealed with gravel everywhere for 5 kilometers! Ugh.

Our route- took us about 6 hours with a stop for dinner and purchase of the Austrian Vignette (sticker). Definitely need it now as they have a checkpoint at the border. Five years ago with BMW I forgot about it and never bought one. Big fine if caught without and also claim to pick it up on cameras- great. BTW Austria speed limits are low! 100kph on the highway last night...after autobahn I felt like I was walking!

My view out the window this morning! Ahhhh.... plan today is to visit Gmund!

Last edited by montoya; 09-21-2018 at 05:18 AM.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:19 AM
fbroen
Three Wheelin'

Received 230 Likes on 125 Posts

Congrats on car. Looks ace.
Liking the history elements to this thread, too. 👍

Just landed Amsterdam, heading: Zuffenhausen.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:21 AM
80s
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Montoya, wow keep posting!

Great car and colour!

Can we please have a picture of the luggage you bought??

Quick Reply: Montoya's European Delivery Blog