Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 05:41 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

^That's good to hear. Hope the remedy (i.e. all deposits recovered and many will each get an actual allocation) will be 100% successful.

I just saw also online that Bank of America was served (to freeze the funds). The injunction was granted only a few days ago so the big question is... are the funds ($2.5+ mill) still there??

(NB: the local BoA was served on Sept 12th at 2:34pm)

Old 09-15-2018, 05:42 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
DR CHILL ..

Your post suggests I am a liar. I think you are out of line making such an accusation. I just gave my account of the hour spent there.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:46 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by sqweak

Thanks for the update, but I find this statement hard to believe. There are multiple victims in this thread including OP dfoster and 993KHTO, none of them have mentioned contact much less offers of allocation or restitution.
I was told most were contacted today. Awaiting those affected to reply.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:57 PM
Suitcase
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
I hear they're welcoming Champion customers with open arms.

They should start a promotion. Don't just be a Champion, be a LEGEND!

$2,000.00 instant credit on any new Porsche!
*** my idea

https://www.porschewestbroward.com

Attachment 1291068Attachment 1291069
Until recently, Dave Maraj sat in his sales floor office 50-70 hrs / week. If there was/is a problem he'd resolve it. Now his son is doing the same. He's tasked with a most difficult issue only after running the store some weeks. I think he's doing a good job. I also think Champions public statement is clear. West Broward? See if you can find Roger Penske.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:14 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Per recent posting the resolution at hand seems so rapid and straightforward one wonders how the problem occurred in the first place?
Old 09-15-2018, 06:21 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
Your post suggests I am a liar. I think you are out of line making such an accusation. I just gave my account of the hour spent there.

I'm just not convinced they are being 100% truthful and don't play bigger role in this. Obviously they are guilty of being aware of his past and lawsuit against him and Champion.

I hope they actually do the right thing. They're a bit late to the party with the solution.

Last edited by STG; 09-15-2018 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:22 PM
Asquared
Nordschleife Master

Received 66 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by chillindrdude
How is the choice of receiving a car at MSRP equal to being given your swindled money back?

I feel that the proper gesture is to be returned the money AND given an allocation at MSRP.
If the deposit was greater than the agreed upon ADM, then giving them a car at MSRP makes the client whole, doesn't it? The client gets a car for what they agreed to pay (if not less) and it is Champion that had the ADM stolen from them.

If the deposit was less than the agreed upon ADM, then yes, asking them to pony up more money doesn't make them whole.

I suspect that in many cases, documenting the agreed upon ADM may be challenging but I have no experience in the ADM world.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:52 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Name:  photo832.jpg
Views: 1629
Size:  1.03 MB

https://rennlist.com/articles/rennli...h-2-5-million/
Old 09-15-2018, 07:59 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

This one DOES NOT quote the legendary Sam Pellegrino like the other article.

This is a very good direction, a refreshing posture to do the right thing.
Thank you for relaying, I hope the victims rest a little easier with the best path to resolution for them.
Originally Posted by Dr Chill
I've known my salesman at Champion for many years and see him at racing events nationally. He and Dave Maraj are/were standup guys of high moral caliber. That's why I chose to do business with them in the past. Dave's son Mitra is now running the business and is placed in a very difficult position. This whole mess blew up a few days ago. It is premature to say Champion will not step up and make things right. All the harsh sentiment may become due, but they are saying the right things now and should be given adequate time to prove themselves.
I was told all parties are going to get reimbursed, and some will get cars at MSRP depending on how many additional allocations PCNA gives them.
Don't kill the messenger. I was there to cancel my order. They said everything I needed to hear that convinced me they were sincere. They also said they need all those involved to file police reports and assist with the criminal and civil cases, even if they get their car/money.
Originally Posted by jackmac
I would like to comment on dr chill’s statement made earlier.
I was contacted by the dealer earlier and was able to work something out. Does that make me whole again ? Not sure if I am able to comment on this Quite yet but let’s just say I am glad I don’t have to go through the legal troubles. Thanks for all the RL for helpful advice. Lesson learned on my end, will update the group to see if promises are kept.
SUPERB, very smart to avoid the muck and get four new wheels on the ground soon.
Fingers crossed

Last edited by Perimeter; 09-15-2018 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:11 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,873 Likes on 1,903 Posts

As expected, Champion’s gonna make everybody whole. Not sure why people are shocked by that or are angry about it.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:14 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

The bigger question here is will Champion still sponsor the 48 Hours of Sebring?!?!?!
Old 09-15-2018, 08:19 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Hope the assailant gets away with this and remains low key in a country which doesn't extradite. That'll teach a lot of these goofy victims a lesson along with these flippers.. Really hope the flippers take a fat L on this one.. For the genuine buyers... Hope you win it back in another way.

Yeah my opinion conflicts with everyone.. Boo hoo. Go Shiraaz and wife!
Old 09-15-2018, 08:20 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
This one DOES NOT quote the legendary Sam Pellegrino like the other article.

This is a very good direction, a refreshing posture to do the right thing.
Thank you for relaying, I hope the victims rest a little easier with the best path to resolution for them.
lol I am just a peasant/nobody who's fed up with PCNA and Champion for the time being, although I've had some guys PM me thanking me for speaking up which is cool

IMO the bottom line is it's easy to try and do the right thing under fire and when the community is up in arms. Champion is 10-12 days late on this, and I can't say it enough. Why the f*&* was SS employed/retained after the R transactions/lawsuit. Why is Champion keeping hush on that? Why is their apology letter seeming to indicate they are innocent and that this is the first time anything like this has happened when we have documents in here saying otherwise? Seems like their arrogance is continuing & they are professing innocence, when in fact from what I can see and gather so far their hands might have some **** on them. Of course it's easy to walk into a dealership about to pull the trigger on a 200k purchase and the GSM seems contrite and remorseful in my opinion. He has no reason to say anything otherwise. Would love to sit him down and have him explain/give me answers to the questions I'm asking above. What about the guys affected by this who tried contacting Champion over the past week and couldn't reach anyone/got crickets? Seems like only now when they are in the crosshairs that they are saying the things they should have been saying all along.

The last thing I want is for Champion to come off as the victims here because they are not. I don't care what surfaces/comes out now or later, Champion is not the victim. They are not innocent and we should not pity them. The 25+ people who got burned by this are the victims, and Champion should be taking the blame as the business/company and not deflect it on a rogue employee, especially when they had reason to know that guy was already a POS.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:33 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
lol I am just a peasant/nobody who's fed up with PCNA and Champion for the time being, although I've had some guys PM me thanking me for speaking up which is cool

IMO the bottom line is it's easy to try and do the right thing under fire and when the community is up in arms. Champion is 10-12 days late on this, and I can't say it enough. Why the f*&* was SS employed/retained after the R transactions/lawsuit. Why is Champion keeping hush on that? Why is their apology letter seeming to indicate they are innocent and that this is the first time anything like this has happened when we have documents in here saying otherwise? Seems like their arrogance is continuing & they are professing innocence, when in fact from what I can see and gather so far their hands might have some **** on them. Of course it's easy to walk into a dealership about to pull the trigger on a 200k purchase and the GSM seems contrite and remorseful in my opinion. He has no reason to say anything otherwise. Would love to sit him down and have him explain/give me answers to the questions I'm asking above. What about the guys affected by this who tried contacting Champion over the past week and couldn't reach anyone/got crickets? Seems like only now when they are in the crosshairs that they are saying the things they should have been saying all along.

The last thing I want is for Champion to come off as the victims here because they are not. I don't care what surfaces/comes out now or later, Champion is not the victim. They are not innocent and we should not pity them. The 25+ people who got burned by this are the victims, and Champion should be taking the blame as the business/company and not deflect it on a rogue employee, especially when they had reason to know that guy was already a POS.
Yep. Culpable liability the second you knew about a bad employee and kept him employed. He should have been under the microscope daily if they were going to keep him. The real reason is this and NO ONE at Champion will admit it. He was MAKING THEM MONEY and GREED took over from everything else. He was treated like that star athlete. Star athlete can beat his wife, maybe even be implicated in murder and yet STILL get employed. 4th string dude shows up late to practice and is gone. SS was a star athlete bringing in Champion lots of money and customers. Totally agree with the above, they are FAR from the victims.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:37 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

How you doing Super Siphoner (SS) of ADM money?

Wishing evil on victims is NOT COOL.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Hope the assailant gets away with this and remains low key in a country which doesn't extradite. That'll teach a lot of these goofy victims a lesson along with these flippers.. Really hope the flippers take a fat L on this one.. For the genuine buyers... Hope you win it back in another way.

Yeah my opinion conflicts with everyone.. Boo hoo. Go Shiraaz and wife!

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing