Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autostacker Garage Lift - Initial Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 10:13 PM
LRsCarreraS
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Autostacker total length dimension?

Hi- Did you ever get the measurement requested. I’m wanting to do a 997.1 GT3 on top and 991.2 C2S on bottom, so should be close to what OP has. The “will the depth of the garage allow it to fit” question went unanswered by both Benpack and a reseller today! The AS footprint plus car protruding out from deck (to back bumper) dimension is all that’s holding me from pulling the trigger and prices go up 1 Apr.

Please advise and Thanks,
Rick

Originally Posted by mammothcar1
Sorry to bump an old thread, but hoping to get a dimension from the OP or anyone else who may have the AS.

What is the length of everything involved with a car on top and a 991 on the bottom with just enough room to open the drivers door and wiggle out. ( I park fairly close to my side wall now, so I don't need a fully opened door to get out of the car.)
So, from the back of the car on top, to the 991's end that is sticking out, what is that dimension?
Thank you.
Old 03-30-2021, 10:23 PM
mammothcar1
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by LRsCarreraS
Hi- Did you ever get the measurement requested. I’m wanting to do a 997.1 GT3 on top and 991.2 C2S on bottom, so should be close to what OP has. The “will the depth of the garage allow it to fit” question went unanswered by both Benpack and a reseller today! The AS footprint plus car protruding out from deck (to back bumper) dimension is all that’s holding me from pulling the trigger and prices go up 1 Apr.

Please advise and Thanks,
Rick
Hi Rick,
I never did get an answer, I'm still curious though.
The lift would be the perfect solution if the front to back dimension including our Porsche typical car lengths were known.
T

Last edited by mammothcar1; 03-30-2021 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-30-2021, 11:08 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 787 Likes on 401 Posts

I just installed an auto stacker myself. The answer to length depends a bit on how high you lift it. With the car in position at the top stop, it is much easier to open the door of my 2RS which should be no different than any other 991. Overall length required is about 14’. Thats 1” on either end to account for the overhang of the top car, and the bottom car sticking out a bit. You might be able to go a bit less, but not much.

One other thing to note, in my car, I have to have the FAL up in order to clear the connecting rail for the bottom spot. It is really close, like 2-3mm, but it would hit without FAL.

Old 03-31-2021, 04:08 AM
mammothcar1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 38D
I just installed an auto stacker myself. The answer to length depends a bit on how high you lift it. With the car in position at the top stop, it is much easier to open the door of my 2RS which should be no different than any other 991. Overall length required is about 14’. Thats 1” on either end to account for the overhang of the top car, and the bottom car sticking out a bit. You might be able to go a bit less, but not much.

One other thing to note, in my car, I have to have the FAL up in order to clear the connecting rail for the bottom spot. It is really close, like 2-3mm, but it would hit without FAL.

Thank you for that information.
Would you mind getting the dimension of front to back with cars in place if you weren't able to get the AS to it's highest position, as if your your garage height wouldn't allow full extension, but still enough height to get your 2RS in place with just enough room to squeeze in and out of your car. (The bottom car would be sticking out more, making the entire footprint longer.)
Thank you again, it is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-31-2021, 07:46 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,084 Likes on 621 Posts

Thank you for that information.
Would you mind getting the dimension of front to back with cars in place if you weren't able to get the AS to it's highest position, as if your your garage height wouldn't allow full extension, but still enough height to get your 2RS in place with just enough room to squeeze in and out of your car. (The bottom car would be sticking out more, making the entire footprint longer.)
Thank you again, it is greatly appreciated.
Maybe I don't fully understand the question you're asking, but I have an AS and it's not hard to get in/out of any 911 with the lift in even the lowest position. It's definitely not a squeeze, it's very easy.

Separate note - I'm moving soon and need to get rid of the AS. Free to a good home if someone can make it disappear. PM me if you're interested.
Old 03-31-2021, 09:04 AM
mammothcar1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tstafford
Maybe I don't fully understand the question you're asking, but I have an AS and it's not hard to get in/out of any 911 with the lift in even the lowest position. It's definitely not a squeeze, it's very easy.

Separate note - I'm moving soon and need to get rid of the AS. Free to a good home if someone can make it disappear. PM me if you're interested.
Thank you. When I had been looking at photos of the AS with a car on top and a 991 on the bottom, it looked like the bottom car would would not be able to park completely under the AS because of the door opening.
In order to open the door, the bottom car would have to park not fully in but back a little in order to get into the car, making the footprint of the AS longer.
It would be awesome if this wasn't the case.
If you were closer, I would definitely be interested in the lift, thanks!
Old 03-31-2021, 10:00 AM
LRsCarreraS
Rennlist Member

Default Autostacker

Tstafford- I’ll take it, PM’d you.

Thx,
Rick.
Old 03-31-2021, 10:28 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

You must not be parking your car all the way "in" with the wheels against the front cross member then. Or you have the wide auto stacker unit. I have the regular/narrow AS, and the is absolutely no way to get in/out of the car with the AS at the minimum height to clear the car.

Thank you. When I had been looking at photos of the AS with a car on top and a 991 on the bottom, it looked like the bottom car would would not be able to park completely under the AS because of the door opening.
You can park all the way BUT the AS must be at/near the very top of it's height.

And I just re-measured and you need 16' length wise to fit both top & bottom cars.
Old 03-31-2021, 10:40 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,084 Likes on 621 Posts

Rick - I texted you back.

38D - Correct. I park in it just like a parking space. Nose of the car is maybe two inches short of the front rail. If you pulled all the way in and had the tires against that rail it would be difficult to get in and out. I'm unsure why you'd want to park the car that deep.
Old 03-31-2021, 11:32 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

38D - Correct. I park in it just like a parking space. Nose of the car is maybe two inches short of the front rail. If you pulled all the way in and had the tires against that rail it would be difficult to get in and out. I'm unsure why you'd want to park the car that deep.
You'd park that way to minimize the overall length footprint required ie you have a not very deep garage. It is not that difficult to get in out so long as the lift is all the way up.
Old 05-23-2021, 09:29 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by 38D
You'd park that way to minimize the overall length footprint required ie you have a not very deep garage. It is not that difficult to get in out so long as the lift is all the way up.
Do you have another photo, maybe from the side?
Old 05-23-2021, 10:26 PM
LRsCarreraS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris M.
Do you have another photo, maybe from the side?

Here’s mine, Thanks Tim! I had the exact same question. Pictures here show lift in second position, nose of 991.2 C2S is just over bottoms cross bar. You’d need a really tall garage to go all the way up but that would afford more room to open car door and reduce overall length of footprint. Little shimmy to get in with door touching pad, but not bad at all. I’m 6’ 185lbs. 182” of overall footprint length. 10’ 4” ceiling and about 5” between rear bumper and garage door. Mine has the hurricane supports by code, which makes door thicker… Now, remember that the top car has a significant amount of overhang depending on which orientation. For PCARs most will want to back in on the top as you would likely rub underbelly when your tires drop into tire tray if you went in frontwards. My Macan fits fine going in forward…lastly to make sure I didn’t scrub and reduce amount of overhang, I put 4x4s (pic shows interim 2x6s) across back side of tire tray.
The following users liked this post:
cadster (05-24-2021)
Old 05-23-2021, 11:03 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Cool, thanks for the pics. Which exact model is this?
Old 05-24-2021, 12:56 AM
LRsCarreraS
Rennlist Member

A6S, 220volt. I’m sure you’ve looked at the Autostacker website…They have a calculator there, but to your point, they don’t talk to overhangs for different cars…

Old 05-24-2021, 12:25 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

So 182" from the front of the lift to the rear bumper of the C2S?

Quick Reply: Autostacker Garage Lift - Initial Impressions