Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autostacker Garage Lift - Initial Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 06:04 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for posting this up. Exactly what I was looking for as I ordered one myself nearly 2 weeks ago.

I was originally going to go with the 110v power unit until they told me it was a 90-120 day special order for it. Didn't want to be having the lift installed in the Winter months.

My buddy is running a 220v line for me this Friday (not sure what he's charging me, but I'm sure taking care of me).

Mine is being shipped to a local installer which will deliver and set up at a price of $900.00

From my own research, this thing has been undergoing testing for a very long time before being released for public sale. Being a Bendpak product, I'm not foreseeing many issues (fingers crossed).

Here's a link to the product for anyone interested: https://www.autostacker.com/

*One question to the O.P. how deep is your garage space?
Old 09-11-2018, 07:59 PM
Porsches
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

A $900 delivery and setup charge is amazing GT TREE because my shipping to my home in Canada is about $500, and thats only to a freight depot. I then need to pay someone else at $140 per hour with a knuckle boom truck to get it, and deliver it to my place which is a few more hours away. So I suspect I will be $1200 for delivery alone - and that’s not even set up. Setup will cost a few steaks and some beer.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:04 AM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsches
A $900 delivery and setup charge is amazing GT TREE because my shipping to my home in Canada is about $500, and thats only to a freight depot. I then need to pay someone else at $140 per hour with a knuckle boom truck to get it, and deliver it to my place which is a few more hours away. So I suspect I will be $1200 for delivery alone - and that’s not even set up. Setup will cost a few steaks and some beer.
Yes. I am more than happy with paying that price. I believe the O.P. paid $950.00 which is great as well!
Best of luck with the install. Enjoy those steaks and beer!!
Old 09-13-2018, 12:15 PM
PwAg
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
I should have got that too instead of a 4 post, how much was the lift if you don't mind me asking?
MaxOne 1M -4.5 is around $8.5k + install.
The following users liked this post:
06bom6 (02-16-2020)
Old 05-25-2019, 06:31 PM
Porsches
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrett

yeah, we could have probably pushed it back another foot but i wanted some wiggle room back there. plan to store my jacks and jackstands back there.
For a 991.2 like the car on the bottom, how much over hang is there when it’s on the lift as I want to get mine as close to the wall as possible.
Old 10-14-2019, 06:15 PM
bertram928
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsches
Love that room that has the one post lift in it (I am aiming just as high with my own garage), however my floor has pipes inside of it as it's heated and I cannot drill holes into it - plus we would have needed to know where the single post would have gone and have made a footing to support the weight. So, the only non-post lift option that was over built was this one.
This is a stable lift 74” rise TwinBusch
$700 lift gate delivery into my garage
no installation cost one man job can use 15 amp 115 volt outlets thus no electrical work either
i paid $2,750.00 + delivery

originally no floor anchors required
but did ship with them
i have not installed them, since when I sell the house did not want lift to be treated as a fixture
it is going wherever I am going since it is way overbuilt, each platform is 1100 lbs with perfect looking welds.
Did not need a storage lift since upper garage is 1250 sf and lower 880 sf
Old 10-14-2019, 06:43 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,564 Likes on 865 Posts

Help me understand 2 things:

- Why not a 4 post lift that is far superior in many ways?
- And why $950 to install this especially considering you paid another $500 for an electrician? What exactly did the installers do?
Old 10-14-2019, 10:57 PM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals

- And why $950 to install this especially considering you paid another $500 for an electrician? What exactly did the installers do?
1. I posted my reasonings in the initial post.

2. Look at the lift. Its a bit heavy and not like installing a peg board on the wall.

Does that help your understanding?
The following users liked this post:
wdr911 (04-18-2020)
Old 10-15-2019, 07:15 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,084 Likes on 621 Posts

I bought my Autostacker after my four post. AS is at my house and four post for the garage at the track.

IMHO the four post isn't superior to the AS in really any ways other than price/ease of install. The main advantage to the AS is that it is much easier to get on and off the lift. Big advantage if you want to regularly drive the car that's stored on the lift. Four post is fine for long time storage. Also AS is better about keeping car below clean (no chance of drips from the top car).

Money is relative but on the whole I'd say the four posts are better for most than the AS. It's probably hard to justify the cost difference for the advantages. I like mine but it's not for everyone.
The following 2 users liked this post by tstafford:
bertram928 (10-15-2019), W8MM (10-15-2019)
Old 10-15-2019, 10:55 AM
bertram928
Instructor

Lifts are a liability for homeowners greater than pools or fireplaces IMO.
Lift manuals are written in such a way that any accident investigation will find liability with installer or owner if negligent in following prescribed maintenance regime.

i would gladly pay above prices in order to take some liability off my hands.

This lift arrives broken down in order to reduce shipping costs, thus requires trained installers to assemble and ensure safe operation.

i would go one step further and hire installer or factory rep on a yearly basis or as needed depending on use to perform prescribed maintenance and checks along with a sign off that lift is in safe operating condition.

4 post homeowner lifts have far more critical components that can fail with use thus would be a bigger maintenance headache. Not sure a home owner is qualified to determine when these critical components need adjustment or replacement.

one never wants to save on an electrician, I would only hire a Masters Electrician who is best able to judge what circuits need to be switch around to add 220 volt circuits for 2 lifts to existing panels
they typically bill at around $80+ an hour

Old 10-15-2019, 12:02 PM
bertram928
Instructor

Originally Posted by tstafford
I bought my Autostacker after my four post. AS is at my house and four post for the garage at the track.

IMHO the four post isn't superior to the AS in really any ways other than price/ease of install. The main advantage to the AS is that it is much easier to get on and off the lift. Big advantage if you want to regularly drive the car that's stored on the lift. Four post is fine for long time storage. Also AS is better about keeping car below clean (no chance of drips from the top car).

Money is relative but on the whole I'd say the four posts are better for most than the AS. It's probably hard to justify the cost difference for the advantages. I like mine but it's not for everyone.
Even when taking dollars into account the Autostacker is superior to a 4 post lift in 90% of applications IMO.

The only exception is in the case when one can confirm that garage has 4.5" 4000 psi concrete supported by compacted to 2000 psi soil with no settling voids or space under slab, or rebar/steel mesh reinforced. Then a chain driven (in lieu of cable) Mohawk lift would be superior for storage.

https://mohawklifts.com/automotive-l...service-lifts/
Old 04-18-2020, 09:50 AM
themedlife
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Re Twin Busch lift, Bertram928 - You were able to operate the lift without needing 20A breaker? I am considering buying the same lift and am worried about operating it on a 15A breaker since this is what I have. Appreciate your advice/experience.
Old 12-29-2020, 01:28 PM
mammothcar1
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 48 Posts

Sorry to bump an old thread, but hoping to get a dimension from the OP or anyone else who may have the AS.

What is the length of everything involved with a car on top and a 991 on the bottom with just enough room to open the drivers door and wiggle out. ( I park fairly close to my side wall now, so I don't need a fully opened door to get out of the car.)
So, from the back of the car on top, to the 991's end that is sticking out, what is that dimension?
Thank you.

Old 12-29-2020, 10:36 PM
horns
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by fskof

In my opinion if I didn’t have room for a 4-post lift I would get one of these.
(Photos from texascarlover found in the “picture of your garage” thread.)
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post14707004
Gemini Lifts

Looks like no issues with slamming doors or hitting mirrors into steel posts.
I gave this a hard look, but they told me they don't have a solution to work with a post tension floor.
Old 12-30-2020, 11:41 AM
AlexOz
Instructor

Received 129 Likes on 63 Posts

Holy cow. That sure beats having a classic Ducati or the like hanging on your living room wall.

Quick Reply: Autostacker Garage Lift - Initial Impressions