Sponsored by:

I'm an idiot/First post

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 04:26 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
So you are telling me I spent $600k on Panamera Targas to build a relationship speculatively with nothing to show for it?

You missed the sarcasm my friend I don't think they will be limiting the Taycan... lol
Old 08-31-2018, 04:26 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,266 Likes on 945 Posts

Ive got 600k burning a hole in my pocket. Can you please connect me to your sales reps so I can buy 6-8 cars that I don't need just to have the chance to build a relationship to save 15k ADM. THX
Old 08-31-2018, 04:32 PM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Received 212 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
Ive got 600k burning a hole in my pocket. Can you please connect me to your sales reps so I can buy 6-8 cars that I don't need just to have the chance to build a relationship to save 15k ADM. THX
That's funny! But that is sort of what I heard when I approached a local P dealer inquiring for a GT3 allocation a few months back...
Old 08-31-2018, 04:39 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
That's funny! But that is sort of what I heard when I approached a local P dealer inquiring for a GT3 allocation a few months back...

people are free to spend their money as they wish. Ive been caught in the rat trap of having the latest and greatest when the difference between the cars is not significant enough for me to exploit. Im just not that good of a driver.

Ive come to the conclusion that Im happy with used cars- 6 months old, year old, whatever. Its how I bought my 488. Its how I bought my RS. Touring I got msrp but was made to feel like I owed the dealership my left nut in return.

The latest and greatest isn't worth it for me to jump through all the hoops. If I find a good deal, ill take it. If not, no worries. I just don't get emotional about these things anymore. Dealers are in the business to make money. more power to them.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:47 PM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

people are free to spend their money as they wish. Ive been caught in the rat trap of having the latest and greatest when the difference between the cars is not significant enough for me to exploit. Im just not that good of a driver.

Ive come to the conclusion that Im happy with used cars- 6 months old, year old, whatever. Its how I bought my 488. Its how I bought my RS. Touring I got msrp but was made to feel like I owed the dealership my left nut in return.

The latest and greatest isn't worth it for me to jump through all the hoops. If I find a good deal, ill take it. If not, no worries. I just don't get emotional about these things anymore. Dealers are in the business to make money. more power to them.
Exactly! Hence I am taking it easy and monitoring the market... plus it gives me time to better acquaint myself with the brand and the whole market environment and enjoy the hunt.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:53 PM
Aku700
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, why buy new when you can get a better deal on used GT3? I just purchased Chalk GT3, 250 miles on it, CPO, full wrap w/doors, delivered to me in los angeles for 190K. MRSP was 165, so 25K over and guess what, its MUCH BETTER BUY, I have 5.5 years unlimited mileage warranty. Car hasn't even been broken in yet, so go forth and find a great deal like I did. Cant wait to get mine, arrives next Friday. No waiting for allocation lock, build, ship and 2-3 months later get it, LOL.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:57 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Aku700
Well, why buy new when you can get a better deal on used GT3? I just purchased Chalk GT3, 250 miles on it, CPO, full wrap w/doors, delivered to me in los angeles for 190K. MRSP was 165, so 25K over and guess what, its MUCH BETTER BUY, I have 5.5 years unlimited mileage warranty. Car hasn't even been broken in yet, so go forth and find a great deal like I did. Cant wait to get mine, arrives next Friday. No waiting for allocation lock, build, ship and 2-3 months later get it, LOL.
Agree.

In California I believe you still have to pay sales tax? Even on a private party sale?

In Arizona, no sales tax so lets say msrp is 165k and you buy the car for 190k private party. Well, through a dealer, you would have had another 15ish k in taxes and fees. That is all avoided in AZ so your premium that you are paying is fairly minimal.

congrats on your car.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:08 PM
Aku700
Instructor

Agree.

In California I believe you still have to pay sales tax? Even on a private party sale?

In Arizona, no sales tax so lets say msrp is 165k and you buy the car for 190k private party. Well, through a dealer, you would have had another 15ish k in taxes and fees. That is all avoided in AZ so your premium that you are paying is fairly minimal.

congrats on your car.
ya, anyone buying in CA has to pay the sales tax, dealer or private party, so makes no diff. You know California, they need all the tax money they can get to pay for all the BS items they blow it on.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:34 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,009 Posts

congrats, and smart move nothing wrong with a car with a few miles and warrantee extended with clear bra. The guy that purchased my UV RS last December also purchased a Aventador, and and MAC 570 all at the same time. Many wealthy guys have no issues with being the second owner on a clean car. I would say all GT owners really take care of their cars, and over board with the coatings and clear bras for cars they will keep less than 2 years. My first RS had 400 miles, and perfect spec I just waited for the right deal it will come. My incoming in got to go spec which arrives in NOV .....again congrats.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:54 PM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maverick787

congrats, and smart move nothing wrong with a car with a few miles and warrantee extended with clear bra. The guy that purchased my UV RS last December also purchased a Aventador, and and MAC 570 all at the same time. Many wealthy guys have no issues with being the second owner on a clean car. I would say all GT owners really take care of their cars, and over board with the coatings and clear bras for cars they will keep less than 2 years. My first RS had 400 miles, and perfect spec I just waited for the right deal it will come. My incoming in got to go spec which arrives in NOV .....again congrats.
Last Sunday I was running some errands and drove behind the slowest GT3 for about 5 mins... literally going 15mph on a 35mph and I was thinking to myself... this is the kind of driver that I need to buy the car from... almost stopped him to inquiry. Nice chalk 18' GT3 at 85255... if you are out here, hit me ;-)
Old 08-31-2018, 05:59 PM
Aku700
Instructor

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
Last Sunday I was running some errands and drove behind the slowest GT3 for about 5 mins... literally going 15mph on a 35mph and I was thinking to myself... this is the kind of driver that I need to buy the car from... almost stopped him to inquiry. Nice chalk 18' GT3 at 85255... if you are out here, hit me ;-)
well, if they driving at 15mph, they will never ever hit you, lol. I mean you have to be driving in reverse almost, LOL.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:03 PM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Talking

well, if they driving at 15mph, they will never ever hit you, lol. I mean you have to be driving in reverse almost, LOL.
He was making signs for me to pass him... little did he know that I could care less if we were driving reverse ... just wanted to admire that car for as much as I could...
Old 08-31-2018, 07:10 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,303 Likes on 684 Posts

ya, anyone buying in CA has to pay the sales tax, dealer or private party, so makes no diff. You know California, they need all the tax money they can get to pay for all the BS items they blow it on.
This is why I'm registering my GT3 in Montana as I can't stand paying for the ridiculous government waste in this deep blue tax and spend state. Pensions for public employees alone are ridiculous.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:11 PM
Gh0st0
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Great first post, I want a gt3 and I didn’t get one, cool story
Old 08-31-2018, 10:23 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by Gh0st0
Great first post, I want a gt3 and I didn’t get one, cool story
Thanks for your valuable contribution as well. OP is posting about a **** poor experience at a dealer and I'm thankful he shared that because I know people who live on the Eastside of Washington including Bellevue specifically and I will do what I can to steer them to Larson, Bellingham, or Spokane. Also got a good laugh out of the roughly 30% ADM of a likely MSRP of 150-160k for a car that won't be announced for 2-3 years. Makes perfect sense to commit to that right now rather than wait and see what the market and economy is like at the time the car is released

Quick Reply: I'm an idiot/First post