Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm an idiot/First post

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 01:05 AM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Received 212 Likes on 70 Posts

I wish I could test drive one, but no current .1s and definitely and unequivocally no .2s in the local dealers (PHX/Scottsdale). Realistically, how different is the .1 from the .2 in terms of overall driving fun if specd simmilarly?
Old 08-31-2018, 01:11 AM
RogerThat
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
I wish I could test drive one, but no current .1s and definitely and unequivocally no .2s in the local dealers (PHX/Scottsdale). Realistically, how different is the .1 from the .2 in terms of overall driving fun if specd simmilarly?
I think unless you're Kevin Estre virtually none. The only difference with the GT3 of course is that you can now get it with 6-speed manual box.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:47 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,303 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by RogerThat
I stupidly thought there might still be a GT3 allocation out there (somewhere). Way too late. It looks like I'll have to wait for the 992 variant. I was just at "Barrier" in Bellevue, WA and was informed that although they didn't mark up the 991.2 GT3 (but did with GT3RS), they will be marking up the 992s. Asked by how much, I was told $50K. Outrageous.
Roger,

There are a few GT3 allocations out there, but nothing at MSRP and haven't been for a couple years. Unless you have a very long relationship with one of about 4 dealerships in the country, you'll have to pay markup on any Porsche GT cars now and in the future.

Shameless plug, but I'm currently selling a customizable 991.2 GT3 allocation on the RL marketplace.
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...over-msrp.html
Old 08-31-2018, 05:53 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
Don’t be so hard on yourself. I thought a GT2 RS had a chance against a cup car at Road America. It happens.

Old 08-31-2018, 11:03 AM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 273 Posts

I stupidly thought there might still be a GT3 allocation out there (somewhere). Way too late. It looks like I'll have to wait for the 992 variant. I was just at "Barrier" in Bellevue, WA and was informed that although they didn't mark up the 991.2 GT3 (but did with GT3RS), they will be marking up the 992s. Asked by how much, I was told $50K. Outrageous.
I won't give a single AutoNation dealer a penny, even if I have to pay more I will do what I can to avoid them like the plague. **** poor experiences across states including here in Los Angeles (Irvine & Newport Beach) and Porsche Bellevue as well. Calling Porsche Bellevue Barrier is doing the prior owners a disservice as they were good people, and when they sold to AutoNation customer service/experience went out the window for "haggle free" and "no uncomfortable pricing" advertisements meanwhile they are gouging people with prices and insanely snobby/arrogant. Don't feel bad, just find a different dealer.

Some allocations are still out there but they definitely won't be MSRP, or there are so many .2 GT3 on the market right now I think it's a great time to be a buyer and only going to get better as summer fades...
Old 08-31-2018, 12:04 PM
vodavoda
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

There is no Barrier in Seattle/Bellevue. They sold to AutoNation years ago.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:13 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 283 Likes on 138 Posts

Last few configurable allocations I knew of a few days ago, all were $20k+, and all sold.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:21 PM
jp884
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye

2020?

Just buy buy a used one. A link was posted with a list of cars. I sent you a pm as well.

why wait. Buy one now and get a new one in 2 years.

2020? 2021? I’ll have gone through like 6 cars by then.
I agree, as that is what I did and I am planning to do. Who knows what the 992 will bring but I know what the 991 is and as such I know I like it. If the 992 RS is significantly different than the 991 RS I'll buy and keep both (assuming I get an allocation) if it's similar but a little different I'll trade in and up. But at the meantime I'm enjoying my car as much as I can, makes the wait that much easier.

Old 08-31-2018, 01:31 PM
71bmw02
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree about Porsche Bellevue. Barrier was way better. I am not alone in people who found Porsche Spokane to be better dealer to work with.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:37 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,266 Likes on 945 Posts

Its a common thread. Most of the Porsche dealers suck!
Old 08-31-2018, 04:08 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

I already have a 992 GT3 on order with PTS and Stuttgart package which will be very special I am told so I put $100K deposit down and my dealer said I will be the first in the country to get a car and Ialthough I don't have it in writing I trust them they have been great in the meantime I am ordering a Turbo and Macan and Taycan and Taycan S and Taycan hybrid which will also be rare.....and all will be PTS not sure what color what do you guys think?
Old 08-31-2018, 04:13 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

^ That sounds like a deal!!!

I'm 4th on the list for the limited edition Taycan GT which will be the first fully electric car to have an ICE component. My SA, who's dealer is part of a national chain of stores, told me the car will be extremely limited production (so I fully believe him) and I got lucky with just having to buy 2 Panamera Turbo S e-Hybrid GT Wing package Targas at $300k a piece to build a relationship to get on the list! The car is rumored for 2030
Old 08-31-2018, 04:17 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino

I'm 4th on the list for the limited edition Taycan GT which will be the first fully electric car to have an ICE component. My SA, who's dealer is part of a national chain of stores, told me the car will be extremely limited production (so I fully believe him) and I got lucky with just having to buy 2 Panamera Turbo S e-Hybrid GT Wing package Targas at $300k a piece to build a relationship to get on the list! The car is rumored for 2030
Well I would say congrats but my SA told me there will be no Taycan GT....And he knows as he has been with Porsche now for 2 months and earned employee of the month twice....I asked to get the first one and he told they aren't making it....sorry but I believe you are getting bad info
Old 08-31-2018, 04:18 PM
wanesso
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino

Limited production is a great line to tell customers, gets them every time. With more cars headed for electric, they will not be limiting production of the Taycan.....
Old 08-31-2018, 04:25 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Well I would say congrats but my SA told me there will be no Taycan GT....And he knows as he has been with Porsche now for 2 months and earned employee of the month twice....I asked to get the first one and he told they aren't making it....sorry but I believe you are getting bad info
So you are telling me I spent $600k on Panamera Targas to build a relationship speculatively with nothing to show for it?

Originally Posted by wanesso
Limited production is a great line to tell customers, gets them every time. With more cars headed for electric, they will not be limiting production of the Taycan.....
You missed the sarcasm my friend I don't think they will be limiting the Taycan... lol

Quick Reply: I'm an idiot/First post