Sponsored by:

Are you kidding me?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 04:46 PM
jp884
Pro

Received 434 Likes on 184 Posts
Default Are you kidding me?

Went for a drive last night after work and when I got home there was a group of high school kids on my street taking in the view of the water at sunset. I was in the RS and they were checking it out so I thought nothing of it. That night someone tried to break into my garage at midnight. The stupidity of these people, I have an attached garage so I would hear them and an alarm and if things really went sour a plethora of guns. I am just dumbfounded about the stupidity of these modern thieves. When giving the police report I told the cops the description of the perps and thought maybe it was just the kids coming back to look at the car, to which the cop laughed and said if they are coming back at midnight it's because they are looking to steal not look. I guess I have to find a separate garage for my toy and that sucks because of little S$&t's looking to take that which is not theirs. Sorry had to vent as I am shaking up and annoyed by this.
The following 2 users liked this post by jp884:
EliteThink (02-28-2020), tims16m (02-24-2020)
Old 08-02-2018, 05:12 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Sorry to hear. Good thing they were unsuccessful!

The most brazen successful one happened a long time ago. A friend had a brand new 930 turbo. He and I were playing tennis at a club, on a court right in front of the car. We saw the thieves break in. The wire screen prevented us from getting to the car, and they were long gone by the time we were able to get around and through the gate. Insurance paid, but definitely a bummer.

There are thieves everywhere, anywhere, even in pristine Seattle. My whole house is alarmed, and I have an obvious sign telling anyone. I have a motion activated flood light and camera in the driveway. And like you have a plethora of guns and know how to use them. The worst exposure for me would be at the parking lot at work, so I don't take it to work unless its' for short periods.

Thieves should burn in hell!!
The following users liked this post:
EliteThink (02-28-2020)
Old 08-02-2018, 05:32 PM
jp884
Pro

Originally Posted by Palting
Sorry to hear. Good thing they were unsuccessful!

The most brazen successful one happened a long time ago. A friend had a brand new 930 turbo. He and I were playing tennis at a club, on a court right in front of the car. We saw the thieves break in. The wire screen prevented us from getting to the car, and they were long gone by the time we were able to get around and through the gate. Insurance paid, but definitely a bummer.

There are thieves everywhere, anywhere, even in pristine Seattle. My whole house is alarmed, and I have an obvious sign telling anyone. I have a motion activated flood light and camera in the driveway. And like you have a plethora of guns and know how to use them. The worst exposure for me would be at the parking lot at work, so I don't take it to work unless its' for short periods.

Thieves should burn in hell!!
I completely agree, Although, Seattle has gotten to be pretty bad over the last several years. With growth comes crime and no shortage of stupidity. The car is heading to another garage, I don't want to give these tards a reason to break into my house and put me and my family in a difficult situation over a car. I don't want to ever have to use a gun but I will if I have to, best to remove that which they seek as they are simple minded.

Last edited by jp884; 08-02-2018 at 06:09 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by jp884:
EliteThink (02-28-2020), Perimeter (02-22-2020)
Old 08-02-2018, 07:29 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jp884
I completely agree, Although, Seattle has gotten to be pretty bad over the last several years. With growth comes crime and no shortage of stupidity. The car is heading to another garage, I don't want to give these tards a reason to break into my house and put me and my family in a difficult situation over a car. I don't want to ever have to use a gun but I will if I have to, best to remove that which they seek as they are simple minded.
You in Seattle proper? As you said, things have gotten worse in the city. Come on out to the east side, weather is fine and we don't mess with anyone.
The following users liked this post:
EliteThink (02-28-2020)
Old 08-02-2018, 07:38 PM
jp884
Pro

Originally Posted by misterwaterfall
You in Seattle proper? As you said, things have gotten worse in the city. Come on out to the east side, weather is fine and we don't mess with anyone.
I would love to but my wife is die hard western sound views. So I'm doomed to deal with the crap spewing out of Seattle proper. It's quaint on the Eastside more of my speed.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:41 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,051 Likes on 601 Posts

sorry to hear about that
this is the only concern I have about owning these cars , is sometimes they attract the wrong crowd, including thieves
luckily most of the attention is positive
Old 08-02-2018, 07:41 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

I would love to but my wife is die hard western sound views. So I'm doomed to deal with the crap spewing out of Seattle proper. It's quaint on the Eastside more of my speed.
Bummer, Edmonds is nice if you have to look west.

Goodluck, hopefully they won't be bothering you anymore.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:48 PM
jp884
Pro

On a side note, any of you Seattlelites driving up to Mt Rainier on the 11th with the PNW club? Assuming my car is not stolen or I had to put a rabid dog down for breaking into my home
Old 08-02-2018, 10:57 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 284 Posts

Look up Driver's Club. Opening soon. Great place to store and the founder is here on RL. RL name is FJSeattle
Old 08-02-2018, 11:06 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,558 Likes on 664 Posts

Very sorry to hear of your situation. That stinks. Smart to move the item of temptation and protect your family.

I'm a fan of alarm systems, video surveillance and self defense. We also believe in a well lit property at night. We are amazed at some of our neighbors very dark houses - no exterior lights at all. They turn on a light only when out of town - otherwise - pitch black in front & back. We have lights on timers and motion sensors, and at the press of a button can light everything up like a prison yard at night (and we've used that on occasion when a noise is heard).

It's unfortunate we live in a world where such things are necessary.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:23 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

1) Get Cameras, even NEST cams are good and you can create zones near doors/access to alert you of people (separate from street cars driving by)
2) Have you heard of The Shop in Seattle or Driver's Club in Redmond for exotic parking
3) You recall Curt and Shay had a GT3RS stolen last year. Sadly, it happens and is real

Originally Posted by Palting
Sorry to hear. Good thing they were unsuccessful!...
There are thieves everywhere, anywhere, even in pristine Seattle. ....
Not so pristine anymore....Seattle has welcomed 11,000 homeless into the city with a promise of free needles and no penalty injection zones. Homeless shelters have much open space but will not tolerate opioid use so many prefer to live on the street which the Mayor and SPD seem to support
Old 08-02-2018, 11:32 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

On a side note, any of you Seattlelites driving up to Mt Rainier on the 11th with the PNW club? Assuming my car is not stolen or I had to put a rabid dog down for breaking into my home
Nope, but I'll be at Pacific next Friday with them
Old 08-03-2018, 08:42 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Maybe it’s the liberal mindset infecting the state from Cali. Soft on crime and sanctuary bs.

No f’n way I would let those bastards make me move my shcit. I have baseball bats, guns, Doberman. My problem would be choosing. They wouldn’t come back. You have the right to defend your home. When it comes to my home those bastards would end up like the mole in Mootys blender.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:58 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

I have Russians and an incinerator.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:11 PM
_fletch
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
I have Russians and an incinerator.