Sponsored by:

991.1 GT3 RS values at a nose dive?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 09:53 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Just notified my new RS will be September delivery. Another white one. Too bad the track season here is over in October.
I will wait until I see the new car to sell my 2016 RS. My 2010 RS is still being tracked by Robert Licho. The Grey/Black and red was the best looking of them all.

Best,
Old 05-31-2018, 10:22 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 386 Likes on 196 Posts

^ My .2 build's around same time as yours, and likewise my 2010 RS is here to stay for a long long time!
Old 05-31-2018, 10:24 PM
Rusnak Pasadena Sales
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we just took in a 991.1 GT3RS white/buckets/pccb with 431 miles on it. Asking is $239k!
Old 06-01-2018, 12:57 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 1,045 Likes on 383 Posts

Old 06-01-2018, 01:02 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,027 Likes on 5,240 Posts

Originally Posted by DerStig

Paying a dime more than what the guys who put the car together say the car should cost (hint msrp), is idiocity and not only that it is just wrong in principal. Even if I had a constant 7 figure income stream, I wouldnt do it. I wouldnt even pay $500 extra to the sales guy so he takes care of me. Why should I? He already makes a killing on msrp as is. Its all greed coupled with people who dont have some very core principals. This is not the same thing as buying a house in open market that has bidding wars. A car is a car, its sum of all of its parts. A car that just comes out of a production line is worth what the marketing department of the brand says its worth.
I really have a hard time coming to terms with the fact that you and are from the same species.

Excuse me while I go find a steep cliff. And jump.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:08 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,800 Likes on 2,376 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
I personally think it's unethical to tell someone else how to spend their money.
bingo

Originally Posted by roger sf
This makes zero sense to me. Do you own shares in any public companies? If so, you more than likely acquired those shares after the IPO and that means you paid a price that was in many instances above what others paid for the same shares (i.e. more than what the guys who valued the company say the company should be worth). Sure you would rather get the shares at the lower IPO price, but for a number of reasons, including your assets, network, prior purchasing history, etc... you were not invited to buy those limited shares prior to the secondary market valuing them. That hasn't and shouldn't stop you from buying the shares, it just means you pay slightly more for them and you do that because they still represent value to you (i.e. dividend equals driving enjoyment and/or appreciation/asset safety).

Also, if the ADM on the $200K car is $25K, and if Porsche prices the car at $225K, does that suddenly make it OK to buy the car? Market value is market value and people get too hung up on the fact that someone else has a Porsche relationship that they don't. Maybe that person is a 918 VIP and has done very well with that program. Well, that person took the risk on a 918 when others wouldn't - remember that Porsche had to work very hard to get those cars sold off and at $900K on a new hybrid car it was a fairly big gamble. Or, maybe the guy who buys a GT3 at MSRP has bought a number of mega depreciation Cayennes and Panameras - putting one in the win column with a GTX doesn't come close to getting them whole but provides some measure of financial reward for having been a loyal customer.
yes

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
To each their own.
Try not to judge others just because they don’t see things as you do.
My hubby and I are a perfect example.

Hubby LOVES our RS. He loves to look at it. He loves it perfect. In the garage. He has some health issues that don’t allow him to enjoy driving all the time but even if he was perfectly healthy - he still has always loved seeing a car perfect and clean and enjoys looking at it like a piece of art.

I love driving them. I don’t care if they get dirty. I love going to the track (he used to as well but can’t anymore). I would rather drive a dirty car and spend time doing other things. Yes - I’ll wash it every so often but dirty doesn’t bother me, and miles don’t bother me.

We buy them KNOWING they’ll depreciate and knowing they’ll be driven (the GT4 WAY more than the RS so far).

I can also say that the older we get, and the more of health issues that we see with our friends - the more we realize life is short. ENJOY. There’s no promise of tomorrow or even the next minute or hour.

If you don’t believe in paying over MSRP - great - don’t. But don’t judge folks who want the car and have the resources to buy at whatever price meets their value equation. We are lucky - our dealer sells at MSRP but we’ve bought cars before at over MSRP that we couldn’t get (or thought we couldn’t get) from our dealer. Bottom line is that it’s supply and demand. Period.

Buyers pay what they feel is acceptable. Sellers charge what they can get and what the market will bear (and it’s amazing that our dealer still sells at MSRP but they are in it for very long haul relationships and I admire their strategy which serves them well in economic downtimes).

Live and let live....
hope hubby get better

Originally Posted by DerStig

This entire theory of respecting people paying ADMs would have worked if I didnt find myself in a situation where I cant a get a car too unless I m VIP or considered part of the “family” or i am a previous GT owner with a trade or I am willing to pay $25-30k to be “allowed in” to the family. I have emails from reputable porsche dealers with statements like these with words in quotes. Sure I can respect other people’s way of life as long as their way doesnt interfere with mine and doesnt prevent me from enjoying mine.
so it’s about ur benefit. it’s nkt about adm
i wanted to watch warriors but the tic was 2400
i deemed it too $ but I don’t get angry those who are willing to pay 2400 per seat for game 1. it is what it is

everything has a price and it may not be msdp
my kidney is for
sale that’s why i
habe two but it may cost u a lot of money to have my kidney

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
life is hard
then you die
u hang around mooty too
much and begin to
speak his language; half of which
are cryptically simple and true but u do
have typing skills. now that he’s only half blond instrlead of totslly blind; watchout

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Just notified my new RS will be September delivery. Another white one. Too bad the track season here is over in October.
I will wait until I see the new car to sell my 2016 RS. My 2010 RS is still being tracked by Robert Licho. The Grey/Black and red was the best looking of them all.

Best,
glad u are back
i thought canadian frost bit u

Originally Posted by CRex
^ My .2 build's around same time as yours, and likewise my 2010 RS is here to stay for a long long time!
its pdk
u will sell before it arrives
afterall i’m reselling my for 100 over
help me import it to HK , i’ll jae more adm. I sponsor ur racing then
Old 06-01-2018, 01:28 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 386 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
its pdk
u will sell before it arrives
afterall i’m reselling my for 100 over
help me import it to HK , i’ll jae more adm. I sponsor ur racing then
Just 100? With all this talk about value and profits, I'm gonna get filthy rich flipping this RS for a grillion bucks. Take half of that grillion to race privateer GTE, take the other half and treat all RLers to chilli crab when they visit HK. (ain't that the name of the dish you're looking for )

I actually think this one could be a keeper. Maybe I'm naive. Will PM you a pic and see if I get the mooty seal of approval!
Old 06-01-2018, 03:19 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 1,045 Likes on 383 Posts

Holy crap, that looks delicious!
Old 06-01-2018, 03:58 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,800 Likes on 2,376 Posts

forget the RS. i want that crab
Old 06-01-2018, 11:01 AM
HitApex
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long are you waiting to jump in .1RS?

I am waiting until I feel the supply exceeds demand by a better margin. My guess is 6-9 months after .2RS hits the streets. So many to choose from now but I have other cars so not in a particular rush to take on the current depreciation rate.

Life is short but I don't have unlimited funds either.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:11 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

Spicy orange crab?
Old 06-01-2018, 11:19 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 161 Posts

Never thought I would want crabs. I do now. Yum.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:11 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,558 Likes on 664 Posts

Crab looks YUMMY

If 25% tariff is imposed on German cars - supply/demand/values could be impacted significantly

Quick Reply: 991.1 GT3 RS values at a nose dive?