Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What ADM's for a GT3RS?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 02:36 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

+1, making stories is the hobby. Cars and tracks are just the tools.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:38 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
I will pay ADM, but I'd just like to get a bit closer to sticker. I've been close on a couple already, so I think it will happen on the next round. But yes, it's a gamble, so we'll see. I have other cars, and have my PTS GT3 MT on the way, so it's a bit easier for me to avoid throwing all caution to the wind. But for those who pay whatever ADM is asked, more power to them. I have no problem with sellers who demand huge premiums or those who pay them. I don't get emotional about ADMs -- the numbers either work for me or they don't. Thanks for your thoughts.
I am aware of a $35K over ADM and I bet it could be had for $30K if negotiated correctly. I really think they are going to be in the $25K - $30K in the next go round unless Porsche announces turbo GT3 coming. I believe NA will be in the next 992 round before going to turbo'd permanently.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:40 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I love it, Do you mind if I please use this Peter?
Old 05-06-2018, 02:49 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

All yours haha.
Sell the hats and stickers
Old 05-06-2018, 05:52 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Originally Posted by porscheflat6
I love it, Do you mind if I please use this Peter?

Haha well said Peter!

And I would add... Peter's stories are THE BEST. True roll-on-floor-laughing material

Hope to see soon Peter! Pls stop taking romantic trips all over Europe and come to Calif drive with us boring folks!
Old 05-07-2018, 12:23 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,688 Likes on 2,337 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
I will pay ADM, but I'd just like to get a bit closer to sticker. I've been close on a couple already, so I think it will happen on the next round. But yes, it's a gamble, so we'll see. I have other cars, and have my PTS GT3 MT on the way, so it's a bit easier for me to avoid throwing all caution to the wind. But for those who pay whatever ADM is asked, more power to them. I have no problem with sellers who demand huge premiums or those who pay them. I don't get emotional about ADMs -- the numbers either work for me or they don't. Thanks for your thoughts.
u are doing it right!
Old 05-13-2018, 11:18 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,810 Likes on 533 Posts

I don't want to start another ADM thread so I'm posting this here. This is something that I brought up in the now defunct previous thread on the topic, but here's a great read in regards to watch brands creating artificial scarcity, sacrificing short term profits by doing so, but how it results in a much greater long term profits: https://www.ablogtowatch.com/why-som...ssible-retail/

Some of the dynamics are slightly reversed, as in watchmakers create scarcity around their lower end models to sell their higher end ones as opposed to Porsche which does the reverse, but other than that the article might as well have been written about Porsche, and the customer archetype is almost identical in so many instances ... it's also interesting to note the comments which in many cases mirror the ones here every time there is an ADM discussion. If you don't want to read too much I'll just say that it didn't take long for someone to remind everyone what the S in MSRP stands for.

Anyhow, I thought it was an interesting and apt short read about the psychology and marketing of exclusivity.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:21 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Interesting and thanks for sharing this article
Old 05-14-2018, 02:52 PM
rave426
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Most I have seen are $40k-50k. Just got sent an offer for a 3RS allocation that will be verified this week. $40k over. I won't be buying it, so let me know if you have any interest.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:05 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 159 Posts

I have played the watch game as well. Supply and demand. I haven't paid even retail for a watch in a very long time.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:25 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
I have played the watch game as well. Supply and demand. I haven't paid even retail for a watch in a very long time.
Are watches in such high demand and the economy booming that there is only ADM and no MSRP in the watch game?
Old 05-14-2018, 05:40 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
Originally Posted by Andial
Are watches in such high demand and the economy booming that there is only ADM and no MSRP in the watch game?
Same deal with GT cars allocation. People see that certain watch brand/models don't depreciate much, in fact, trades at well above MSRP, so they think its good investment or flippers gonna flip. People try desperately to come "VIP" of the brand to get allocations for watches. Economy helps but mostly emerging markets like in Asia / Middle East are diluting a lot of allocations that would be coming to the US.

You are seeing this phenomenon in many sectors now, like wine as well.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:06 PM
CobaltCr
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

"I am not suggesting that collectors shun retail prices. What I am suggesting is that collectors do not put up with having to wait long periods of time to purchase something they want, put up with paying above retail price, or be subject to spending money on unwanted purchases in order to purchase something else which is wanted at a retail price. Such conduct is in my opinion a form of humiliation, and I don't think that should be part of the watch buying or collecting experience. Perhaps it is that I personally have a low tolerance for such manipulation, but I won't put up with feeling as though someone is doing me a favor by letting me purchase a luxury good. I want to feel as though a company actually wants my business and values me as a consumer."

Ha!! This is genius. I think he's tried to buy a Porsche GT car....
Old 05-14-2018, 09:27 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Haha definitely
Old 05-14-2018, 10:15 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
I don't want to start another ADM thread so I'm posting this here. This is something that I brought up in the now defunct previous thread on the topic, but here's a great read in regards to watch brands creating artificial scarcity, sacrificing short term profits by doing so, but how it results in a much greater long term profits: https://www.ablogtowatch.com/why-som...ssible-retail/

Some of the dynamics are slightly reversed, as in watchmakers create scarcity around their lower end models to sell their higher end ones as opposed to Porsche which does the reverse, but other than that the article might as well have been written about Porsche, and the customer archetype is almost identical in so many instances ... it's also interesting to note the comments which in many cases mirror the ones here every time there is an ADM discussion. If you don't want to read too much I'll just say that it didn't take long for someone to remind everyone what the S in MSRP stands for.

Anyhow, I thought it was an interesting and apt short read about the psychology and marketing of exclusivity.
Thanks for sharing, enjoy Ariel's blog and IG as a watch idiot savant.. as you said it touches on reasons why ADMs may actually be working in favor of Porsche & other brands opposed to actually hurting the brand and turning people away.

There is definitely something going on with the economy post '07/'08 where ADMs/MSRP is "suggested" is really becoming "the norm" for better or worse in-demand luxury things like watches, cars, allegedly wine and handbags & even homes

Not an economist so I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.. at the end of the day I look at ADM = time & guarantee as wise mooty alluded to

Paid an ADM on my GT3 and not once have I given that a single thought post-delivery, just feel happy/grateful to have the car

Quick Reply: What ADM's for a GT3RS?