Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 02:44 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,374 Likes on 635 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
You really seems to have a bone to pick with CJ. Did he bean you in the nuts with a fast ball before?

A person's status with a dealer changed when he goes from just a customer to a car dealer, it's as simple as that. I have friends who got themselves a a used car dealership, not even a new car from a manufacturer, and their relationship with the dealers went straight down the hill even when they were one of the best customer before. The dealer do not view them as a customer anymore, they turned into a 'competitor'. When they say buy a new Porsche, the Porsche dealer would see that they would re-sale the car down the road and not trade it back in and take profit away from them.

As for CJ burning bridges. He is one of, if not the only dealer principal that's being frank and honest and actually post on forums. Most of the Porsche dealer principals don't do forums, nor are they internet savvy. Some principals are not happy with him spilling secrets within the 'cartel', others couldn't care less as long as they keep making money. PCNA is not doing things right to keep the dealers inline, of course the trashing are warranted. I had personally trashed them in person too. But because of how the franchise law is set up in the USA, PCNA can do very little to change things. Their 'penalty' is nothing more than a slap on the wrist, and they won't even dare to slap it too hard for fear of retribution. The big volume dealers are the most powerful ones, they buy and move enough cars from PCNA that PCNA actual fear them. So what if PCNA slap say Champion Porsche on the wrist by withholding a couple GT car allocations, Champion Porsche could just say sure, but be warn that we will be taking our time to receive the 100s of Panamera, Cayennes, Macans you wanted us to move this month, and btw did you say you want to hit what sales number again this month? And PCNA backed down, rinse and repeat.

You seem to have some knowledge within the Porsche system, and you went and did a lot of digging just for CJ's cars. I am guess you are one of the sales guy somewhere.

It's not even the end of the month- so sales data is not public at all. For dissemination of any internal server data from the Porsche system they would probably be SUPER happy to read about it on an online forum! Bravo.

For Dr Zhivago (he has no real identity or name yet) to know the actual DATE that I Registered/Retailed a car...he is in the PCNA System. Either as an employee of the brand or at a store. Or, has direct access to that employee. Probably some kind of violation there. Cute.

What we have not discussed is that I could actually just hide my entire inventory online through the EHB, and "hide PCNA locator visibility". This is a useless step unless you are trying to deceive other dealers or conceal things, I live in the light of day with a real name, real instagram etc. Dr Zhivago has no name.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:04 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
It's not even the end of the month- so sales data is not public at all. For dissemination of any internal server data from the Porsche system they would probably be SUPER happy to read about it on an online forum! Bravo.

For Dr Zhivago (he has no real identity or name yet) to know the actual DATE that I Registered/Retailed a car...he is in the PCNA System. Either as an employee of the brand or at a store. Or, has direct access to that employee. Probably some kind of violation there. Cute.

What we have not discussed is that I could actually just hide my entire inventory online through the EHB, and "hide PCNA locator visibility". This is a useless step unless you are trying to deceive other dealers or conceal things, I live in the light of day with a real name, real instagram etc. Dr Zhivago has no name.
By the way he had used and quoted the V codes before and the way he "protect, defend" dealers' practice of not locking in names to allocations but use a floating deposit list to assign cars that has names the goes up and down the list depending on who pay the most ADM, I really suspect he is a car salesman.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:07 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

But just a normal salesperson has zero incentive to engage in this ballyhoo - I cannot see a salesperson for a "victimized by a CJ RL Post" store giving a crap.

Sales Manager or Corp rep.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:22 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
But just a normal salesperson has zero incentive to engage in this ballyhoo - I cannot see a salesperson for a "victimized by a CJ RL Post" store giving a crap.

Sales Manager or Corp rep.
Perhaps some of HIS customers defected and went shopping at your store?

Or maybe you did this to him before?

Old 04-25-2018, 04:25 PM
17bhub
Rennlist Member

Location: Where I get the fresh scent of spent Jet Fuel & see Cold Smoke!
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
You really seems to have a bone to pick with CJ. Did he bean you in the nuts with a fast ball before?

.... He is one of, if not the only dealer principal that's being frank and honest and actually post on forums. Most of the Porsche dealer principals don't do forums, nor are they internet savvy...

Completely agree with Whoopsy - CJ's is super transparent and a matter of fact - something of which this industry and at times the Forum is missing as is the case with Whale dude. Whale dude - I'm not suggesting you reveal your name publicly but if you were to reveal your issues via a PM to the right person (if you know what I mean) instead of whining on the Forum you might get somewhere. Might me able to get to the root of the issue and resolve it. Wouldn't that be a novel, intelligent and professional idea? Of course there are those that just like to stew in their misery. The sourness you exude is unbecoming. Did Obama skip over you when he was giving handouts in Chicago?

Maybe if you revealed your issues via a PM you might be able to work out Not sure where all the anger comes from and the "bridge burning" comments. I for one have purchased a couple of cars from Park Place and the management still, to this day, speak very highly of him. On the other hand we've all somehow burned a bridge purposely or innocently due to circumstance of fact, a persons behavior, morals, etc. If you communicate more clearly, you may determine if you were a purposeful or innocently burnt bridge.

CJ is arguably the one of the best the best Ambassadors for Porsche and the Motorsport/Racing Industry. Just keep watching where this guy is headed - I really don't think many of you understand the focus this guys has! ...It's like Jedi Focus...
Old 04-25-2018, 04:49 PM
carz80am
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

I think Chicago whale is really just in love with CJ.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:56 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 102 Posts

The reality is they are both very informative in their posts. I hate to see the hostility and wish they would work it out between themselves. There is a dead body somewhere and they need to bury it because it is beginning to smell.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:20 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

I put Mr Whale on my ignore list but I do see his posts unfortunately some times when people quote them so I find myself wanting to post this. Mr. Whale why don't you be a man and pick up the phone and call CJ therefore you can work out your angst for him. Rather than spewing your nonsense here on the forum. You know who he is, how to find him and I am sure he would be happy to talk to you. A person that hides behind his keyboard jockey name, will not identify himself, offer the board your background, knowledge base or profession so we can all judge the credibility of your posts becomes worthless and quite frankly makes you look, well let's just say not good.

However CJ has been around the block and I value his opinions. Professional athlete and the dedication, work ethic and struggles it takes to succeed at that level. Then takes his knowledge and ability to a brand and not only races them but then starts a new career from the ground up. Comes on to this forum and offers support, insight etc above and beyond just the "for sale" ad to peddle his cars. Oh and lastly my own personal experience dealing with him directly and his employees at HIS dealership to have one of the best car buying experiences. Yeah sorry your words are well just that, zero credibility but keep on wasting time grinding on your hatchet. It just isn't working here.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:25 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,080 Likes on 2,331 Posts

First it was giving me **** about crapping on stealers and then it went to a beef with PNH while now he has his focus on picking a fight with CJ. I just don't get it, he has very good information to share but I don't all of the sour grapes.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:42 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CW has been awfully silent. Good riddance.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:49 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Let me ask you this CW...how was Porsche/PCNA about to bypass dealers and sell 918s directly to US customers and not violate dealer franchise laws? I thought Porsche/PCNA wasn't allowed to sell directly to a customer. Then, how come PMNA is able to sell GT2RS allocations to their good customers and bypass a dealer? I'm genuinely curious about both cases.
Also, Ford w/ the Ford GT.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:50 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
When you specifically call out Park Place as a dealer who won't call you back anymore, it's not indicative of a good relationship.

Also, I'm referring to your "burned" relationships in the past year. Ever since you became a dealer and have repeatedly gone online to trash PCNA and the dealer body, there are very few Porsche dealers who want anything to do with you. Perhaps you're not aware of this, but you should be.

The reason your Graphite Blue Targa shows up online despite being a KF car is because you actively put it online when you added photos.

The last two GT3's you've delivered populated directly online to your webpage once they hit v300, and they stayed there for over a month until they were punched (last one was 4/21). This means one thing, and one thing only: neither one of those GT3's were sourced from your v070 order demands nor were they put into KF status until the day they were punched. If they weren't sourced from your v070 order demands nor put in KF status, who configured them? Do any of your v070 order demands have a chance of getting a car? Now, I normally wouldn't care if it was sourced from there or not (I believe dealers can distribute those cars to whomever they want), but you've been grandstanding for over a year that you're the only dealer fairly distributing your v070 order demands through some sort of point system you concocted.

Could you shed some light on this? It looks like you're just giving your cars to whomever you want anyway, regardless of your pending v070 orders. Again, this is a good opportunity for Rennlist readers to see how dealers TRULY distribute their allocations.
What about his relationship w/ CNC? What can you tell us there?
Old 04-25-2018, 06:43 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
What about his relationship w/ CNC? What can you tell us there?
Ervin I can call you if you DM me your number.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:23 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
CW has been awfully silent. Good riddance.
No need for that. CW post are valuable even though they are written with bias against CJ.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:21 PM
bigs
Dean of Rennlist, "I'm Listening"

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 962 Likes on 415 Posts

Gentlemen - especially CJ and CW...

Let's please keep this discussion civil. No need for personal insults.

Thank you.

Quick Reply: 2019 GT3 RS Mark Up - what's fair?