Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 GT3 RS Mark Up - what's fair?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 08:33 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

All I can say is as a Porsche client/customer I would much rather deal with CJ and other owners/dealers like him, than deal with some of the other dealerships (whether they are run by a hands-on or hands-off owner). I've kept note of this for any future purchases. And I can say that unbiased as the only business I've done with CJ and Porsche of Fresno is that they were nice enough to take delivery of my car from Europe for a standard fee when some other dealers were so butt hurt that I didn't get my GT3 from them that they told me to take a hike. After they laughed at me a year earlier when I just asked about allocations LOL. Haven't even bought a car from CJ yet.

Every owner/dealer is going to act in their best interests, including CJ and Champion and everyone in-between. But I said it before and I'll say it again, the manner in which owners/dealers go about acting in their best interest is what I take note of. It doesn't cost anything to be kind, respectful and courteous to any potential client, whether asking about a GT3 allocation or buying a 718, and whether showing up in worn jeans or a suit. CW can try to dig for any dirt he wants, but the fact that CJ is publicly known as the owner of Porsche Fresno and still is an active RL member giving us info, etc speaks to his values, how he wants to run his business, and how he is still an enthusiast like the rest of us.

I don't get bashing or digging into what CJ is doing/up to because all we are going to do is make him think twice before posting or maybe choose not to post as much any more (I bet some of us would do this if we were in his shoes running a dealership this is real $$$$). I'm happy he's a part of RL

Maybe he's ruffling the feathers of some of the big whales behind some dealerships with how he is choosing to put customer service first and isn't afraid to speak his mind about how some of us are getting shafted by these big guys.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:52 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,742 Likes on 921 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy

As for CJ burning bridges. He is one of, if not the only dealer principal that's being frank and honest and actually post on forums. Most of the Porsche dealer principals don't do forums, nor are they internet savvy. Some principals are not happy with him spilling secrets within the 'cartel', others couldn't care less as long as they keep making money. PCNA is not doing things right to keep the dealers inline, of course the trashing are warranted.
Amen

Originally Posted by bigs
Gentlemen - especially CJ and CW...

Let's please keep this discussion civil. No need for personal insults.

Thank you.
All I see is a healthy debate...
Old 04-25-2018, 09:27 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

I like different viewpoints. I also enjoy reading informative and insightful posts by CW, and CJ. While they are clearly in disagreement over many topics, both of them are highly successful, motivated, and driven individuals. Encouraging monotonous, conforming behavior while stifling different viewpoints will make this place very lemminglike.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:01 PM
bigs
Dean of Rennlist, "I'm Listening"

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 962 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Amen

All I see is a healthy debate...
For the most part, I agree. ...For the most part.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:15 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,717 Likes on 512 Posts

The irony of course is that this was a hit and run by the OP.

In retrospect the username was the giveaway.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:17 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
The irony of course is that this was a hit and run by the OP.

In retrospect the username was the giveaway.
What the heck is that all about? If that is the case......what a sick puppy.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:34 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,717 Likes on 512 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsch2018
What the heck is that all about? If that is the case......what a sick puppy.
I think 'calculating' would be more accurate.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:46 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
PCNA can see your name on a commission if the dealer puts it on there.

Usually my commission entries for regular cars look like this:

PtsGulfMacanS_82k

Or
CheapPanHybridAmethyst_108k

Or
AndersonGT3Sold
Can I give some suggestions... If I may

PTS and Gulf are redundant

Cheap is inferred by 108k already

Sold is inferred by customer last name already

I think you may hit the character limit on some of these

Please don't build a cheap 108k amethyst panamera e hybrid for LF, your paint may be your only option. It will not move....

Jokes of course, good luck!
Old 04-26-2018, 12:22 AM
parabola19
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Very interesting and informative thread. I received an allocation for a GT3 late last year from a dealer I've been working with here in South Florida. At MSRP no less. When he called early this month and told me that he thinks we should cancel it as he had another customer that it would be a better fit for I started to fume considering what I've read here the last three years. Then he told me it was because he had a GT3RS allocation for me. Still suspicious i asked him what the ADM is. He responded with nothing. That he sells at GT cars at MSRP to his best customers based on his own determination and while they're all customers who have spent a lot of money, he said that buying a GT car should be a special occasion not tainted by an ADM. I never asked him for an RS allocation or was on a list. to say i was shocked would be an understatement. Now from this thread seeing V200 as the status, and KF as the order type only affirms my impression of his integrity. Thats why he said he'd have to take the GT3 allocation because he wanted to reward another customer too. He did give me the option to keep it. But i have a problem with 911s. I can't say no. Now no CXX anything for now for the RS (love my houndstooth) but that's alright. There are some decent GMs out there guys.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:57 AM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Great thread. CW vs CJ is always entertaining. So what's the verdict on a fair Mark Up?
Old 04-26-2018, 02:04 AM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
The two lowest I've been told of are $25K (reported publicly on RL) and $30K. I believe both are now gone. They are out there at under 50k if you put a little work in. I agree with those who said $50K is the typical asking price. I have no problem with ADM. If that's what the market is, that's what it is. But I'll be patient and wait for one at sticker. If I don't get it, such is life, and I will add it to my relatively short list of first world annoyances. My PTS GT3 MT will be here soon enough, which I imagine will be pretty good. And I remember this same hype for the 991.1 RS ... and then PAG made a whopping 6000 of them. So I guess we'll see. Good luck to everyone. And to OP, if you are comfortable with 50K ADM, go for it. Don't let anyone tell you how to feel or spend your money for you.
Don't fret...your incoming GT3 MT is actually a better car...
Old 04-26-2018, 02:49 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Let me ask you this CW...how was Porsche/PCNA about to bypass dealers and sell 918s directly to US customers and not violate dealer franchise laws? I thought Porsche/PCNA wasn't allowed to sell directly to a customer. Then, how come PMNA is able to sell GT2RS allocations to their good customers and bypass a dealer? I'm genuinely curious about both cases.
PCNA and PMNA does not bypass dealers and sell cars directly to US customers.

PCNA still invoices the dealer the 918 and sell it to the dealer at invoice price. The dealer sells the 918 to the customer at whatever price they agreed on.

PMNA contacts PCNA regarding their VIPs who want GT2RS (or any other car for that matter), and PCNA allocate what they can and sends the allocation to the dealer of PMNA's and customer's choice. PCNA still invoices the dealer for the car and dealer makes a profit. PCNA may not be able to fill all the want/demands of PMNA, they'll do what they can.

Now you don't need to be curious
Old 04-26-2018, 03:14 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,177 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul
PCNA and PMNA does not bypass dealers and sell cars directly to US customers.

PCNA still invoices the dealer the 918 and sell it to the dealer at invoice price. The dealer sells the 918 to the customer at whatever price they agreed on.

PMNA contacts PCNA regarding their VIPs who want GT2RS (or any other car for that matter), and PCNA allocate what they can and sends the allocation to the dealer of PMNA's and customer's choice. PCNA still invoices the dealer for the car and dealer makes a profit. PCNA may not be able to fill all the want/demands of PMNA, they'll do what they can.

Now you don't need to be curious
Just adding to, those allocations comes from PCNA's pool cars. They are sort of like the bingo fuel, or maybe piggy bank. Once those special allocations are dished out, the remaining allocations will be distrusted to dealers as 'bonus' cars if there are any left.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:17 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
PMNA customers get GT2RS at MSRP. Another category is outside of US, everyone gets cars at MSRP. I don't know of any wives/girlfriends who would be impressed with a 991.2 GT3RS.
Not all PMNA customers can get special allocations (GT2RS, GT3, GT3RS, GT4). PCNA tries to fill a good amount of PMNA's demands but many are not filled. I've seen quite some people denied.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:25 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by parabola19
Very interesting and informative thread. I received an allocation for a GT3 late last year from a dealer I've been working with here in South Florida. At MSRP no less. When he called early this month and told me that he thinks we should cancel it as he had another customer that it would be a better fit for I started to fume considering what I've read here the last three years. Then he told me it was because he had a GT3RS allocation for me. Still suspicious i asked him what the ADM is. He responded with nothing. That he sells at GT cars at MSRP to his best customers based on his own determination and while they're all customers who have spent a lot of money, he said that buying a GT car should be a special occasion not tainted by an ADM. I never asked him for an RS allocation or was on a list. to say i was shocked would be an understatement. Now from this thread seeing V200 as the status, and KF as the order type only affirms my impression of his integrity. Thats why he said he'd have to take the GT3 allocation because he wanted to reward another customer too. He did give me the option to keep it. But i have a problem with 911s. I can't say no. Now no CXX anything for now for the RS (love my houndstooth) but that's alright. There are some decent GMs out there guys.
He should've hung up and waited 3 days before calling you back to tell you its because he have an RS allocation for you

Quick Reply: 2019 GT3 RS Mark Up - what's fair?