Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Light Weight Battery for .2 GT3???

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 02:40 AM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Can these be installed in 2010/11 997.2 3/RS without any dealer programming, etc.? thank you!
Old 07-16-2021, 03:31 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,041 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
Can these be installed in 2010/11 997.2 3/RS without any dealer programming, etc.? thank you!
Hi Laguna,

This we gave you a quick reply in your post in another thread but absolutely, no programming is necessary. While you can re-program it, it is not necessary for our battery since they are not effected by the Charging profile in Porsches... Meaning they can accept any profile for the typical Lead/Acid Flooded Battery or the AGMs. They install in actually any Car, Truck, even Boat... anywhere you want the benefits of Lightweight, High Power and the Wireless-Built in Jump Starting. While Porsche offers a lithium setting in their Cars you do not need that setting at all. It does not offer a benefit expecially in the 2010-2013 models since the voltage output was similar to the lead/acid profile back then.

The Batteries come in drop in fit OEM sizes, that means we have all the standard sizes that are a direct replacement for Porsches or most any Car on the Market. Our earlier versions had a mounting system, but the latest versions are OEM direct fitment and a simple 15 minute job.

If you want to learn all about them you can watch this video below..... a tad long but a lot of info on Lithium Batteries in general as well as what ours do.

This is the link to the H6 size battery that fits in 997s and most other Gt3 variants and 911s. https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...tive/ag-h6-rs/

/

Last edited by Antigravity; 07-16-2021 at 03:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Viper pilot (07-16-2021)
Old 07-16-2021, 06:20 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts

You can, but you don’t need to program. Same for any other Litho with battery management.
Old 02-10-2023, 07:29 AM
RipperGT3MR
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Light Weight Battery ? ?

So, all these threads are super old, and I'm late to the Game. 40+ lb weight savings is very enticing, but the hype seems to have gone away ?
What is currently available ?, what works, what effect on warranty, are these viable in my 'mostly' track car, (991.2 GT3MR, M)
Is there a problem with Antigravity's product ?, they have discontinued the RS30 when I tried to order (Jan 2023), the one in videos for Porsche GT /turbo cars.
Whats up ? do I stop eating and try to lose 40lbs , I'm 170 ! lol

Cheers thx !
Old 02-10-2023, 08:36 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,041 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by RipperGT3MR
So, all these threads are super old, and I'm late to the Game. 40+ lb weight savings is very enticing, but the hype seems to have gone away ?
What is currently available ?, what works, what effect on warranty, are these viable in my 'mostly' track car, (991.2 GT3MR, M)
Is there a problem with Antigravity's product ?, they have discontinued the RS30 when I tried to order (Jan 2023), the one in videos for Porsche GT /turbo cars.
Whats up ? do I stop eating and try to lose 40lbs , I'm 170 ! lol

Cheers thx !
Hey Ripper,

Your not late to the game at all, we discontinued the RS-30 simply because we developed newer technology and stated making the battery in OEM sizes so that they can fit into any car as a drop in fit without the need for a mounting bracket as the RS-30 had. We also make them available in several different Amp Hour options. So nothing was lost but alot was gained in terms of functionality and ease of installation overall.

The updates included going to WIRELESS Built-In Jump Starting, so you will never be stranded by a dead battery again, but also this way you can never be locked out of a Porsches Frunk.

YOu can get more detail at the link, and see this video below for all the details on the latest model format.. https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...tive/ag-h6-rs/

Old 02-11-2023, 09:29 AM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 290 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Hey Ripper,

Your not late to the game at all, we discontinued the RS-30 simply because we developed newer technology and stated making the battery in OEM sizes so that they can fit into any car as a drop in fit without the need for a mounting bracket as the RS-30 had. We also make them available in several different Amp Hour options. So nothing was lost but alot was gained in terms of functionality and ease of installation overall.

The updates included going to WIRELESS Built-In Jump Starting, so you will never be stranded by a dead battery again, but also this way you can never be locked out of a Porsches Frunk.

YOu can get more detail at the link, and see this video below for all the details on the latest model format.. https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...tive/ag-h6-rs/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_rw_qstFdE
HIGHLY recommend … have a 4 year old RS30 in my GT3 Touring part of removing 110lbs from car … just put newer version in my 997 RS … never an issue with either
The following users liked this post:
Antigravity (02-12-2023)
Old 03-14-2023, 05:30 PM
LITEW8GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone know how many Amp Hours are actually required? whats the difference between a 24 and a 60 in terms of performance? just a month of sitting vs 3 months?

Quick Reply: Light Weight Battery for .2 GT3???