Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 06:24 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,011 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by Gt3rs.2
How long (ballpark) can the 25,30,40 amp batteries sit before needing to be started/charged?
Hi guys, sorry for the delayed responses, just getting ready to get info published over the next couple of days on the new batteries. In regards to estimating how long this will really depend on the application, what other accessories if any have been installed. So ballpark this could really range anywhere from one month up to two easily.

Originally Posted by IvanBurns
Using an OBD-II scan tool on both my 997 GTS and 991 GT3, I found that the alternator was outputting 15.3 volts on both with the engine running at idle. Isn't that high? Isn't that high enough to be damaging to a lithium battery?
In regards to this output we would definitely say that is a bit on the high side but you would likely be okay. Odd that it would be both cars, one thing we'd suggest is see if there is any calibration available to make sure those are the actual readings. Typically we see 14.5-14.6
Old 02-04-2019, 06:38 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 286 Likes on 131 Posts

@Antigravity

Will you have a Rennlist Group Buy on the first batch of the improved battery?

My 2019 RS has been patiently waiting for an Antigravity. I have finished all other weight reduction steps (remove fire bottle and tools, forged wheels, JCR Titanium muffler), car already has WP and PCCB, base radio, standard interior.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:51 AM
MPietro
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow long discussion I have to be honest I could not read very in details everything.
Nevertheless I would be interested for my 991.2 GT3 too as currently I am looking for the Liteblox 26xx but, yes, that battery comes almost to 2k which is lot for a battery!!

However I finally need a battery where I dont need to care about recharging and so on. Consider that I am driving the car not as a DD and the winter in germany is a nightmare => the car is parked around 4-5months! than on the spring/sommer driven on a weekly base. So, what is the best option ?

by the way, how do you handle it with porsche in the US? here they are making us crazy, any smaller modification to the car results in the loose of the waranty/approved if oyu want one.

thx
Old 02-11-2019, 12:03 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by A/S
@Antigravity

Will you have a Rennlist Group Buy on the first batch of the improved battery?

My 2019 RS has been patiently waiting for an Antigravity. I have finished all other weight reduction steps (remove fire bottle and tools, forged wheels, JCR Titanium muffler), car already has WP and PCCB, base radio, standard interior.
Originally Posted by MPietro
wow long discussion I have to be honest I could not read very in details everything.
Nevertheless I would be interested for my 991.2 GT3 too as currently I am looking for the Liteblox 26xx but, yes, that battery comes almost to 2k which is lot for a battery!!

However I finally need a battery where I dont need to care about recharging and so on. Consider that I am driving the car not as a DD and the winter in germany is a nightmare => the car is parked around 4-5months! than on the spring/sommer driven on a weekly base. So, what is the best option ?

by the way, how do you handle it with porsche in the US? here they are making us crazy, any smaller modification to the car results in the loose of the waranty/approved if oyu want one.

thx
Good morning guys, here's there intro from our recent post on the new battery. Please feel free to have a peak at the thread for more info as well. https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...m-battery.html

Hi All,

Scott from Antigravity Batteries, I wanted to drop some information on our NEWEST Lithium Batteries... yes they are actually ground-breaking.

– We wanted to make the new battery accessible for more Vehicles and Customers. We found many people just wanted the EXACT SIZE that fit in their car. So that is what we did, the new batteries are a DIRECT OEM FIT. Meaning it is the same size as your stock battery, so you will not need a special tray or any other adapters or modifications to mount them. Being this is a GT3 Forum you guys will mostly ever be concerned with the H6/Group48 size battery. So we did that size and also the H5 and H7. Plus we will have Group 35 ,and Group 51 and expand out from there. But the "H" sizes are used in most all the Porsches, and other Euro Sports Cars including BMW, Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc.... so these will fit them all.

– We have also made the batteries available in different amp hours. The Amp Hours Capacities available for the H6/Group48 model are 24Ah, 30Ah, and 40Ah. By offering different amp hours the Customer can choose a battery that is more tailored to what they are looking for. For example people who track and want the lightest weight possible might want the 24Ah (9.5lbs), a person who wants to have a solid Ah yet still benefit substantially from Lightweight can go with a 30Ah (11.5lbs) and a person who might have some Cameras, Radar Detectors and other stuff on the Car might want a 40Ah Battery (16lbs) TT Guys or SUV guys. Keep in mind if you use a 24Ah battery you will not have as much time that the car can sit in storage compared to a 40Ah model.

– SUPER COOL NEW FEATURE ALERT!!! So one of the ULTRA-COOL items we developed into this latest battery (yep, first in the world) is a WIRELESS KEYFOB REMOTE that is used to operate our RE-START built in Jump-Starting feature. If you are not familiar with our RE-START feature, its basically a built-in jump starting for the battery, so in the event you ever come back to a dead battery you can awaken the battery with the Keyfob and start the car and drive off. So in effect you would never be stranded with a dead battery.

- OK, let me set this up.... wait for it.......... Antigravity raises its arms in Triumph, applause from the smiling Porsche enthusiast crowd, some Unicorns dancing off to the side.... and states...... " WITH THIS KEYFOB, YOU WON"T EVER BE LOCKED OUT OF YOUR FRUNK AGAIN!" crowd goes wild... fade to black. Ok, so maybe not so exciting for some of you, but it is a big deal for some of us. . First day I got my GT3, on a battery swap I locked myself out of the frunk and cursed how stupid it was to have to go to the Fuse Panel and energize the car to open the frunk, so with the new Keyfob just press the button on the Keyfob, the Battery then awakens and energizes your car to be ready for a Start or you can just open the Frunk.

- Weight of the Batteries H6/Group48 Case @24Ah is 9.8 lbs , H6/Group48 Case @30Ah is (11.5lbs) , H6/Group48 Case @40Ah is (16.5.5lbs).

-Availability.... finished production will be at the end of February we expect to be shipping in first week of March. We are initially doing the 24Ah and 40Ah models, the 30Ah Version will not be in until April. I currently have 10 pieces of H6 @24Ah models and 10 pieces of H6 @ 40Ah that we have used to take pictures, and develop Marketing materials, some we will be sent Industry people, but unfortunately that is not enough to openly sell them yet. So early March if not a week before we can start shipping.

-Pricing... The prices will range from $679 for the 24Ah Versions going up to $829.99 for the 40Ah Versions. Feel free to compare that to our competitors... we are over 1/3 to 1/2 less cost with more advanced technology, built in protections that most don't offer, and just a more realistic and reasonable price point. We might offer pre-orders starting in week, but we are trying to get a hard landing date so we can make sure we ship when we say we will.

Some pictures are below... if you have any questions please let me know.

The following users liked this post:
FourT6and2 (01-07-2022)
Old 02-24-2019, 10:47 AM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 288 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Porsche OEM Chargo O Mat Pro In lithium mode

Has anyone used with their Antigravity? Any issues?

much appreciated
Old 02-24-2019, 11:25 AM
9972RS
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

^ I have. it works great. It's a re-badged CTEK with dual lithium and lead-acid option.
Old 04-27-2019, 08:20 PM
IvanBurns
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Using an OBD-II scan tool on both my 997 GTS and 991 GT3, I found that the alternator was outputting 15.3 volts on both with the engine running at idle. Isn't that high? Isn't that high enough to be damaging to a lithium battery?
Originally Posted by Antigravity
In regards to this output we would definitely say that is a bit on the high side but you would likely be okay. Odd that it would be both cars, one thing we'd suggest is see if there is any calibration available to make sure those are the actual readings. Typically we see 14.5-14.6
I just used the OBD-II scan tool to measure the alternator output on a third car, a 991.1 GT3 RS, and got 15.2 volts. I mentioned my surprise at this high voltage to the top mechanic at my dealer and he said that 15.3 volts was indeed normal, since Porsche had bumped it up to that several years ago. I said that 15.3 volts was maybe too high for lithium batteries and he was aware of the issue and he agreed.

He was also aware of several references (on the Suncoast Auto Parts web site, for instance) that, "When replacing a standard battery with a lithium battery, some dealer programming is required." He said that he had no idea what he was supposed to or could do in reference to that statement.

Can anyone clear up this confusion?
Old 04-28-2019, 01:12 AM
Johnny Five
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 195 Posts

Installed Antigravity 40ah battery on .2 3RS a few weeks ago - fantastic. Easy install, factory fitment, dropped 30lbs. Voltage reads normal. I didn’t buy a charger since I drive often. The car sat uncranked for about 12 days after install and it fired right up. Awesome. Recommended.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:25 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

I have a Braille that I bought new from them a year ago for $1600 and used for 2000 miles. It works great. 10.8 pounds. Stock is over 48 pounds. I never have to charge it, although it comes with a lithium charger. I am selling both for $980 if anyone is intrerested because I am selling that car. I still have one on my other GT3. Cheapest mod to save weight per pound!
Old 04-28-2019, 04:55 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrence
I have a Braille that I bought new from them a year ago for $1600 and used for 2000 miles. It works great. 10.8 pounds. Stock is over 48 pounds. I never have to charge it, although it comes with a lithium charger. I am selling both for $980 if anyone is intrerested because I am selling that car. I still have one on my other GT3. Cheapest mod to save weight per pound!
So which GT3 are you keeping?
Old 04-29-2019, 01:16 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I just used the OBD-II scan tool to measure the alternator output on a third car, a 991.1 GT3 RS, and got 15.2 volts. I mentioned my surprise at this high voltage to the top mechanic at my dealer and he said that 15.3 volts was indeed normal, since Porsche had bumped it up to that several years ago. I said that 15.3 volts was maybe too high for lithium batteries and he was aware of the issue and he agreed.

He was also aware of several references (on the Suncoast Auto Parts web site, for instance) that, "When replacing a standard battery with a lithium battery, some dealer programming is required." He said that he had no idea what he was supposed to or could do in reference to that statement.

Can anyone clear up this confusion?
Hi Ivan, Chad, and I (scott) often answer questions on the forum.... I (scott) am going to expand a bit on this....

1- I have a 2016 GT3 RS.... so we are talking the same car. I have tested it alot with all our batteries and using our Battery Tracker which is a Bluetooth product we make that allows you to track the voltage of your battery in real time and historically via your phone. I have not seen a voltage of 15.2v on my car yet. And with that being said I have NOT changed the setting in PIWIS to the Lithium Setting... which in fact will lower the Charging voltage of the battery when using this setting. But additionally we have high hundreds if not over 1000 Porsches running our batteries... and many have not changed to the Lithium setting and they are fine and many have and they are also fine. So in normal use and using a typical AGM setting in our Lithium Battery won't be effected.

2- I also think that a 15.2v maybe was an inaccuate or very short term reading, but I'm assuming. But I suspect it was a short term reading if anything. Personally I don't really completely trust any Dealer Mechanics in what they say all the time... I do not say they are WRONG.... and most are fine and honest, but have found all Dealer mechanics will say whatever they need to, or just say something without data. The reason I say this is because I have never heard of Porsche changing a charging system to go to 15.2v or higher... in fact Audi has their system charging in the 13s and lower now. So I'm a bit hesitant at this moment to hear "Porsche Changed their charging to 15.2v a little while ago" This is because it is also NOT GOOD to charge a Lead/Acid Battery above 15v either... so why would Porsche change it to be higher than 15v ever when the standard is always below 15v for any 12v system? I have not definative data on that.. but seems out of place.

3- I don't actually think there is anything wrong with your car but you might want to do more checking first just to make sure the ODB tool was accurate. A 2016 would rarely be having a charging issue on the Car...and modern Alternators do not fail but rarely.

4-You can have Porsche change the PIWIS on your car, the car computer system , and they have a setting available for Lithium that will lower the voltage output to the battery. But also note that an AGM battery also requires a lower charging voltage than a FLA (flooded Lead/ACid) and our GT3s came with AGMs so again why would Porsche have a charging system putting out higher than any other manufacturers of 15.2v when an AGM also prefers a lower voltage charging rate.

5-Occasional above 15v will not hurt our particular lithium battery because it has over-charge protection... some spikes may occur, but in general it should be very rare and not long term...

6- Below I put some shots of our Battery Tracker infor on my GT3RS.... I don't see any voltage over about 14.9v... but it did reach 14.9 during a peak moment. And this has not had the PIWIS changed to Lithium.

Old 12-14-2020, 12:29 AM
ariotofcolor
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

@Antigravity Clearly I’m well-passed the group buy & am just now getting educated. Also, looks like you updated the battery and that if I want similar performance to stock with some weight savings I should go with the 40Ah, right?

For me even more important than the weight is the idea of having the “jump start” safety especially with a dash cam inc. parking mode plugged in. What’re the chances of a holiday group buy? 😊😊😊

The following users liked this post:
Berjar (12-14-2020)
Old 12-14-2020, 02:55 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ariotofcolor
@Antigravity Clearly I’m well-passed the group buy & am just now getting educated. Also, looks like you updated the battery and that if I want similar performance to stock with some weight savings I should go with the 40Ah, right?

For me even more important than the weight is the idea of having the “jump start” safety especially with a dash cam inc. parking mode plugged in. What’re the chances of a holiday group buy? 😊😊😊
Hi ariotofcolor..yes, 40Ah option is a good choice overall. We are actually running a sale currently with today being the last day and it's the best pricing we extend on the Automotive line.

www.antigravitybatteries.com

Best regards,
Chad
Old 12-17-2020, 01:18 AM
ariotofcolor
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ah darn didn’t get it this in time but thank you doe the feedback on the battery option

Hi ariotofcolor..yes, 40Ah option is a good choice overall. We are actually running a sale currently with today being the last day and it's the best pricing we extend on the Automotive line.

www.antigravitybatteries.com

Best regards,
Chad
Old 12-17-2020, 11:09 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ariotofcolor
ah darn didn’t get it this in time but thank you doe the feedback on the battery option

We are going to honor through Christmas.... alot missed it.

Quick Reply: Light Weight Battery for .2 GT3???