Howydo
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker
could buy one easy for msrp.
june delivery.
but normal seats.

urge is strong on performante.

Yes they are going for msrp or slightly under. I specced mine out about a year ago so didn’t really look too much at other options. I do, however, have the racing sport seats and wouldn’t have it any other way. I don’t think they are that uncomfortable and unless you are using car as a daily or driving on long trips this is the way to go. Normal seats on the Performante is like non lwbs in the Gt3 . Imo a complete No

absolute! to the OP

MT (?) .2GT3 + Performante
is better as
1. or .2GT3RS + Performante
👍👍
Old 04-11-2018, 12:21 PM
sattman
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Howydo

are you still enjoying your GT3 or has it been placed in the back of the garage or on the top of the lift ?
Actually i drive the GT3 more than the Performante as i can drive the GT3 to work and other places i wouldn't consider driving the Performante too. They are both fun cars but the GT3 is much less conspicuous. As for the race seats in the Performante they are like planks of wood. I did not spec mine with them. I did however spec my GT3 with the LWBS as they are sofas compared to the Lambo race seats. Oh another reason i didn't go with them in the lambo was there is no height adjustment like the GT3 and im short.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:03 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

Now if Lamborghini would install a gated 6-speed manual in the Performante it would be instant classic........

Lamborghini, are you listening?.......
Old 04-11-2018, 04:32 PM
Howydo
Instructor

Originally Posted by sattman
Actually i drive the GT3 more than the Performante as i can drive the GT3 to work and other places i wouldn't consider driving the Performante too. They are both fun cars but the GT3 is much less conspicuous. As for the race seats in the Performante they are like planks of wood. I did not spec mine with them. I did however spec my GT3 with the LWBS as they are sofas compared to the Lambo race seats. Oh another reason i didn't go with them in the lambo was there is no height adjustment like the GT3 and im short.
i agree on race seats but I couldn’t resist. They look so cool and for the limited time I drive the car they are comfortable enough. I’m 6ft 2 inches and for me the race seats also allow more head room. The GT3 is definitely easier and not as obnoxious to drive daily , especially to work. But the Performante is so damn fun to drive (at least for me ) it’s worth every penny
Old 04-11-2018, 05:47 PM
sattman
Advanced

Yes the Performante is more fun to drive and if i the race seats fit me i would of gotten them as well. Here is a picture of them both and one of the Performante after a few sessions at the track.

marks from a day at the track.

The GT3 and the Performante

Last edited by sattman; 04-11-2018 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-11-2018, 08:10 PM
Howydo
Instructor

Love that color !! What are you doing to maintain your matte finish? How did Performante perform overall compared to GT3 ??
Old 04-11-2018, 08:22 PM
sattman
Advanced

Love that color !! What are you doing to maintain your matte finish? How did Performante perform overall compared to GT3 ??
The Performante did way better than the GT3, but i was pushing the Performante harder as i had a Huracan before so was more comfortable with it. This is my first Porsche and only had a few hundred miles on it when i took it to the track. The car has Xpel on 100% of the car, same with the GT3.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:44 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i agree . They aren’t as easy to get as they were for the GT3.
Maybe source a set from a ROW dealership.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:45 PM
Howydo
Instructor

Originally Posted by sattman
The Performante did way better than the GT3, but i was pushing the Performante harder as i had a Huracan before so was more comfortable with it. This is my first Porsche and only had a few hundred miles on it when i took it to the track. The car has Xpel on 100% of the car, same with the GT3.
Xpel stealth ? Did it affect the look of the finish ? Thinking of doing the same.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:26 PM
Andial
Banned

Xpel stealth ? Did it affect the look of the finish ? Thinking of doing the same.
XPel Ultimate is more protective and won't impact the finish as much.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:36 PM
sattman
Advanced

On both cars the finish is glossy so this turned them into matte. For your car which is already matte. The finish if it gets nicked you will have a very hard time blending the paint. You will end up having to respray a whole panel. That's why I believe for matte paints it's good to have the xpel.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:45 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
XPel Ultimate is more protective and won't impact the finish as much.
WRONG
Both products protect the factory paint the same.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:50 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Originally Posted by FastLaneTurbo
Sold my 575M a few years ago. Gorgeous and Delightful to drive with a V12 Engine and steering to die for, but too many things broke too often. I never left home without my favorite tow service on speed dial.
With 458 reliability much improved, I Test drove a 488 recently but found the throttle response in street driving to be surprisingly anemic, even when Manettino was set at "Race", most responsive position.
Turbos seemed to have excessive lag. On boost it was great, but not very often you get into the boost region in traffic. Both my Porsche TTS and AMG have far better Turbo throttle response in traffic.
Have you also noticed that with your 488?
^ thanks. You just saved me the process of thinking If i should be trading my 458 for a 488

OP
lovely machine, looking fwd to more input
Old 04-13-2018, 05:31 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by 0to60
WRONG
Both products protect the factory paint the same.
RIGHT
Ultimate is thicker and self-healing. If you can afford it, spring for the Ultimate.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:38 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by DRPM

^ thanks. You just saved me the process of thinking If i should be trading my 458 for a 488

OP
lovely machine, looking fwd to more input
Maybe if you are thinking of getting something new a Speciale would be the logical upgrade.

Quick Reply: The comparison begins ...