Sponsored by:

The comparison begins ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 05:04 PM
Howydo
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sattman
I too have both the Performante and the GT3. Got them both in October 4 days apart from each other. I have had both on the track and i have to say the Performante is a beast on the track. You will love it.
are you still enjoying your GT3 or has it been placed in the back of the garage or on the top of the lift ?
Old 04-10-2018, 05:07 PM
Howydo
Instructor

Originally Posted by race7117
Love that engine NA V10 just spectacular, I wish they would have made one in rear wheel drive instead of the 4, then it would be perfect. Have tons of fun!

after the mid cycle refresh 2020 (likely) I think there will be a rear wheel drive high performance variant . Although the awd has the ability to get the power down quite well and is really nice coming out of corners. It certainly has some disadvantages but overall I think it’s a winner
Old 04-10-2018, 06:24 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

My friend has a performante he just got ...but also bought a 675 LT..and he really loves the 675lt.
dont know if the performante will last....lol.
hes already looking to get the newer mclaren...
who knows if he Will keep the lambo.
lambos are nice cars good luck on the new toy.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:39 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Howydo

after the mid cycle refresh 2020 (likely) I think there will be a rear wheel drive high performance variant . Although the awd has the ability to get the power down quite well and is really nice coming out of corners. It certainly has some disadvantages but overall I think it’s a winner
I think the Huracan engine is one of the all time greats and having spent time in the Supertrofeo really can't wait for a rear wheel drive Performante.......but the Audi overlords have put just way to much understeer in these cars. The Performante on track is a beast and I really like it, truly the best drivers car Lambo have put out, but the RS cars still have the edge for me on track feel and performance. Again every iteration keeps getting better and their reliability is now very impressive Hopeful for a -2Perf in the future!
Old 04-10-2018, 09:34 PM
Howydo
Instructor

Originally Posted by race7117
I think the Huracan engine is one of the all time greats and having spent time in the Supertrofeo really can't wait for a rear wheel drive Performante.......but the Audi overlords have put just way to much understeer in these cars. The Performante on track is a beast and I really like it, truly the best drivers car Lambo have put out, but the RS cars still have the edge for me on track feel and performance. Again every iteration keeps getting better and their reliability is now very impressive Hopeful for a -2Perf in the future!
wouldnt surprise me if Gt3/RS is better on track overall. I’m not sure I’ll track Performante too much anyways. Grigio Titans paint is difficult to maintain and the car is a bit expensive for me to use it as a normal track car. But on the road the Performante seems to have more drama and be more of an event to drive than the GT3. I think it’ll be a fun Summer either way.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:54 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Howydo

wouldnt surprise me if Gt3/RS is better on track overall. I’m not sure I’ll track Performante too much anyways. Grigio Titans paint is difficult to maintain and the car is a bit expensive for me to use it as a normal track car. But on the road the Performante seems to have more drama and be more of an event to drive than the GT3. I think it’ll be a fun Summer either way.
The look and that engine alone are worth the price of entry, truly a glorious machine. One of my favorite engines of all time! Enjoy!
Old 04-10-2018, 10:11 PM
Catorce
Banned

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Love the Perf. Put money down for a build and found out I could not fit in the car. Only 6'-3" but my head was mashed into the roof. Factory would not provide alternate seating or modify the car, even for a new build.

I backed out.

Still a big fan of the car though, would have bought hands down. Awesome car. I just need to fit in it comfortably is all.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:04 PM
Howydo
Instructor

Originally Posted by Catorce
Love the Perf. Put money down for a build and found out I could not fit in the car. Only 6'-3" but my head was mashed into the roof. Factory would not provide alternate seating or modify the car, even for a new build.

I backed out.

Still a big fan of the car though, would have bought hands down. Awesome car. I just need to fit in it comfortably is all.
yeah that sucks ! I’m 6 ft 2 inches and with race seats I have plenty of room . May get a bit tight with a helmet though.

Last edited by Howydo; 04-11-2018 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:19 AM
Howydo
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2006m5
My friend has a performante he just got ...but also bought a 675 LT..and he really loves the 675lt.
dont know if the performante will last....lol.
hes already looking to get the newer mclaren...
who knows if he Will keep the lambo.
lambos are nice cars good luck on the new toy.

Everyone has their favorites. I love Mclaren and think they are doing a great job. I’ve owned a 12c and driven just about every Mclaren made. My only complaints are the following.

1. They don’t sound good with forced induction although very very fast
2. Difficult to service and not enough dealers
3. Quality control issues
4. Most are fun to drive but not quite as engaging as a GT3 or Ferrari or Performante
5. Steep depreciation curve that isn’t very predictable (for those that care)

but I’m sure I’ll buy another Mclaren one day . Maybe the LT version of the 720s
Old 04-11-2018, 12:24 AM
Howydo
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
You can start with some more pictures Congrats!!!
A few more :

Old 04-11-2018, 02:22 AM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you need clear side markers for the Lambo too.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:49 AM
Howydo
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
I think you need clear side markers for the Lambo too.
i agree . They aren’t as easy to get as they were for the GT3.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:46 AM
Boba Fett
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Big fan of the performante here. Congrats to you sir.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:42 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 484 Likes on 194 Posts

could buy one easy for msrp.
june delivery.
but normal seats.

urge is strong on performante.

Originally Posted by GT3
Perfect combo. Congrats.
absolute! to the OP

MT (?) .2GT3 + Performante
is better as
1. or .2GT3RS + Performante
Old 04-11-2018, 11:32 AM
Howydo
Instructor

Originally Posted by jo_ker
could buy one easy for msrp.
june delivery.
but normal seats.

urge is strong on performante.

absolute! to the OP

MT (?) .2GT3 + Performante
is better as
1. or .2GT3RS + Performante
Thanks but my Gt3 is a PdK. I still really like it a lot . Not sure if I’d of preferred the manual or not.

Quick Reply: The comparison begins ...