Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The comparison begins ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 05:57 PM
sattman
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Xpel ultimate and Stealth or the same thickness so they should protect the same. Just on is for matte and the other is for regular paint.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:59 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by sattman

On both cars the finish is glossy so this turned them into matte. For your car which is already matte. The finish if it gets nicked you will have a very hard time blending the paint. You will end up having to respray a whole panel. That's why I believe for matte paints it's good to have the xpel.
If the Matte paint finish gets nicked even if you respray the whole panel it will never match again- Hence- the issues with Matte paint finishes.

Better off getting the regular paint and Stealth finish the whole car.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:18 PM
Howydo
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
If the Matte paint finish gets nicked even if you respray the whole panel it will never match again- Hence- the issues with Matte paint finishes.

I’ve heard otherwise . My friend who owns a reputable body shop says he can match matte finish. I agree, however, ideally getting the whole car wrapped would be the best approach
Old 04-13-2018, 10:39 PM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D

+1
when my matte white 12’ cls63 needed a fender and a door painted, they were never able to match the paint. They sprayed the door and the fender 3 times without luck. Then they had to respray the whole car, and it never looked the same.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:51 PM
Howydo
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gago1101

+1
when my matte white 12’ cls63 needed a fender and a door painted, they were never able to match the paint. They sprayed the door and the fender 3 times without luck. Then they had to respray the whole car, and it never looked the same.

But damn does it look good!
Old 04-14-2018, 04:03 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by Howydo

I’ve heard otherwise . My friend who owns a reputable body shop says he can match matte finish. I agree, however, ideally getting the whole car wrapped would be the best approach
I am sure times have changed and Body shops have gotten better with Matte Paint finishes.

I love your Performante and the color. No doubt I would wrap her and put a Coating over the PPF

Quick Reply: The comparison begins ...