No lift shift in MT 991.2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 12:55 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,128 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
It's definitely faster on a track. Let's call it's a qualifying lap effort and not an enduro race effort.
Thx
Old 03-17-2018, 12:59 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,128 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
It's definitely faster on a track. Let's call it's a qualifying lap effort and not an enduro race effort.
Tried it this morning - works pretty well. Interesting that it even works when shifting well below redline with only half throttle too.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:26 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
Tried it this morning - works pretty well. Interesting that it even works when shifting well below redline with only half throttle too.
Smoother too
Old 03-17-2018, 08:08 PM
maspirito
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

Which mode does the car need to be in to do the power shift ? Is it in the sport plus mode that it does the auto rev matching both up and down?
Old 03-17-2018, 09:34 PM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by maspirito
Which mode does the car need to be in to do the power shift ? Is it in the sport plus mode that it does the auto rev matching both up and down?
it will do the no lift shift in any mode.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:04 PM
maspirito
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks
Old 03-18-2018, 12:03 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by gago1101

it will do the no lift shift in any mode.
That can’t be right. Are you saying you can’t turn it off?
Old 03-18-2018, 01:05 AM
LSs1Power
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel

You can power shift any manual, some are better than others. I have 4 manual cars and only two i do power shift. The 4x4 manuals have long throws and not as accurate as the Porsche. The GT3 is the best manual i have ever driven.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:29 AM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel

Exactly! if you do not lift from the gas pedal while shifting, electronics will do the rev matching for you, either up or down. Has nothing to do with any mode or Sport. If you do not like it, just change gears as you always have, take your foot off the gas and re-engage. Essentially, if you want to turn this function off, lift your foot from the gas pedal while shifting (the opposite of no-lifft shift, LOL).

Edit: not sure why one would want this function off while doing a no-lift shift
Old 03-18-2018, 02:10 AM
LSs1Power
Racer

Exactly! if you do not lift from the gas pedal while shifting, electronics will do the rev matching for you, either up or down. Has nothing to do with any mode or Sport. If you do not like it, just change gears as you always have, take your foot off the gas and re-engage. Essentially, if you want to turn this function off, lift your foot from the gas pedal while shifting (the opposite of no-lifft shift, LOL).

Edit: not sure why one would want this function off while doing a no-lift shift
If Sport button is not selected, electronics will not interfere with your shifting either up or down. With Sport button selected, rev matching is active on down shifts and some weird feeling on up shifts to land the RPM just right with engine speed for smoother feeling. I personally dont like Sport button on track. I only use it in traffic when I’m driving slowly and heel and toe action is just too aggressive for slow street driving (i noticed when you blip the throttle on down shifts, it also overrides Sport commands if its active).
Old 03-18-2018, 02:18 AM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LSs1Power

If Sport button is not selected, electronics will not interfere with your shifting either up or down. With Sport button selected, rev matching is active on down shifts and some weird feeling on up shifts to land the RPM just right with engine speed for smoother feeling. I personally dont like Sport button on track. I only use it in traffic when I’m driving slowly and heel and toe action is just too aggressive for slow street driving (i noticed when you blip the throttle on down shifts, it also overrides Sport commands if its active).
Unless you do a no-lift shift (not lifting your foot from the gas pedal while shifting), which will rev match for you either shifting up or down regardless of Sport on and off.
I think lots of people are confusing no-lift shift with Sport and auto-blip, which are completely different things. Auto blip works on down shifts only when Sport is on; no-lift shift works every time regardless of any mode or Sport.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:06 AM
LSs1Power
Racer

Unless you do a no-lift shift (not lifting your foot from the gas pedal while shifting), which will rev match for you either shifting up or down regardless of Sport on and off.
I think lots of people are confusing no-lift shift with Sport and auto-blip, which are completely different things. Auto blip works on down shifts only when Sport is on; no-lift shift works every time regardless of any mode or Sport.
Thats what Im saying, power shift or what you call no lift works either way Sport button activated or not.

What I found confusing is that you are saying no lift down shifts! Why would anyone do a no lift down shifts! What you need on down shifts is blipping the throttle not full throttle.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:49 AM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LSs1Power

Thats what Im saying, power shift or what you call no lift works either way Sport button activated or not.

What I found confusing is that you are saying no lift down shifts! Why would anyone do a no lift down shifts! What you need on down shifts is blipping the throttle not full throttle.
Full throttle or not, the computer will match the revs. Who needs it? Good question for AP, but I'm sure my grandma will need it, lol.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:43 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Full throttle or not, the computer will match the revs. Who needs it? Good question for AP, but I'm sure my grandma will need it, lol.
Have you actually tried it? It's massively faster..
Old 03-18-2018, 05:48 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Maybe it has been answered already, sorry if that's the case:

When shifting up, keeping the throttle pedal position - does the engine KEEP the rpm you're shifting from, or does it pull the rpm DOWN to match the next (higher gear)? Given basically constant vehicle speed.

If it doesn't pull the revs down, I would assume there is some strain put into the clutch, flywheel etc when the clutch is released.

Quick Reply: No lift shift in MT 991.2 GT3