Sponsored by:

Allocation Received - Sept Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 11:47 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Allocation Received - Sept Build

My SA contacted me yesterday and asked if I was sitting down.

He said my Touring order demand was approved yesterday but PTS color (pretty common) under "feasability study" at the moment. We'll see if I can get to do what I want.
Supposedly a September build.

Now ... the debate ...

Iron vs PCCB
PDLS headlights vs. LED
Front axle lift or no

If PTS is not approved I may go back to a winged wonder. Hopefully I can do what I want. The color palette offered is rather weak. No greens. No dark blue.
If Porsche offered popular PTS colors as a regular option, call them classic colors or something, I'm sure the uptake would be there.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:53 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,304 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck

He said my Touring order demand was approved yesterday but PTS color (pretty common) under "feasability study" at the moment. We'll see if I can get to do what I want.

Now ... the debate ...

Iron vs PCCB
PDLS headlights vs. LED
Front axle lift or no

If PTS is not approved I may go back to a winged wonder. Hopefully I can do what I want. The color palette offered is rather weak. No greens. No dark blue.
If Porsche offered popular PTS colors as a regular option, call them classic colors or something, I'm sure the uptake would be there.
I’m confused. Are they offering you PTS or not? Is it just a particular PTS color they may or may not approve?
Old 03-07-2018, 11:54 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 309 Likes on 175 Posts

Firstly... congrats!!

Was this a confirmed allocation you already had but were just waiting on confirmation of your wonky option choices or was this a brand new allocation that popped up and was assigned to you yesterday? There's been rumours of new allocations being released but I haven't seen a single one confirmed.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:55 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Originally Posted by Drifting

I’m confused. Are they offering you PTS or not? Is it just a particular PTS color they may or may not approve?
We aren't sure. Order demand was submitted with PTS in the fall. Allocation was received yesterday with my name on it, with the PTS color chosen as "Under feasibility study" or something to that effect.
Color chosen is historic but pretty popular PTS color.
We're checking into it.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:57 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
Firstly... congrats!!

Was this a confirmed allocation you already had but were just waiting on confirmation of your wonky option choices or was this a brand new allocation that popped up and was assigned to you yesterday? There's been rumours of new allocations being released but I haven't seen a single one confirmed.
New allocation supposedly in response to my order demand that was submitted last year. The approval appeared on my SA's terminal yesterday morning with my name on it. I was hopeful but surprised at the same time.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:12 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 309 Likes on 175 Posts

Very interesting!!
Old 03-07-2018, 12:30 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 138 Posts

Congrats! Very cool if the system approves a PTS order now, based on a V070 submitted months ago. I hope you get it.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:43 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,234 Likes on 1,019 Posts

Now ... the debate ...

Iron vs PCCB
PDLS headlights vs. LED
Front axle lift or no
Iron vs PCCB: Iron unless you like the aesthetics of the yellow calipers or are doing some hard driving on a track or a mountain road.....or you plan to keep the car for a 100k miles.

PDLS headlights vs. LED. PDLS unless you plan to drive your GT3 at night. LEDs are noticeably brighter. I like the look of the PDLSs anyway.

Front axle lift or no:. If it is a daily driver, get FAL. If you live around mostly flat roads, you can get by. Any slope to your driveway?
Old 03-07-2018, 12:46 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,304 Likes on 685 Posts

Are LEDs neutered in Canada like they are in the US?

If Canada LEDs are as bright as LEDs in Europe, then I would get LEDs.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:48 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Now ... the debate ...

Iron vs PCCB
PDLS headlights vs. LED
Front axle lift or no
Congrats! Regarding the above three topics they have been beaten to death here. Iron vs PCCB comes down to tracking vs. not tracking. For mostly street miles, PCCB's are awesome. No brake dust. Lighter. Better all around. Just more expensive. Cost is the only downside. PDLS vs LED. I have LED's and like that they are more modern. But all headlights for this car are really good. So personal preference. For resale, if that matters to you, the lift is critical. I would not consider a car w/o lift, because I could not even get the car in/out of my driveway. I use mine at least once or twice while out driving, so it is a must have for me. So again, still personal preference, but I would opt for it for resale alone. Not having it is a deal breaker for many buyers.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:52 PM
tvasbn
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts

You will be better whitout PTS, too many choices, when i spec my GT3 1 month i didn’t sleep looking for pics of various builds.
On Touring i will chose now White/Aluminium wheels/Black LEDs/PORSCHE side logo in black/Steel brakes and Red interiour
Old 03-07-2018, 02:14 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't know if it is the same with Porsche. My SA in Benz told me that the LED brightness is the same with HID. The LED WAS toned down. I don't know if it is the same case now.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:20 PM
Akunob

Received 897 Likes on 569 Posts

Wow congrats on the allocation. Good luck with the PTS option. On the options, given that you have a Touring, I suggest PCCBs, FAL and PDLS. Best of luck
Old 03-07-2018, 03:19 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Congratulations on getting a Canadian allocation. As to the debate, this has been discussed numerous times, and I'm sure you are aware of the pros and cons. For me personally, I ordered and got a stripper car for mostly track use. Despite that, I got the iron brakes for the economy with the needed frequent changes, and the FALS just to get in and out of my driveway as well as getting on the trailer. Now comes the wait for you!
Old 03-07-2018, 03:28 PM
FLGT
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

I personally am not ecstatic about the color choices for the touring car. The other 911s have more options, and they are supposedly taking away 2 blues.
No idea why they can't expand options either.

Quick Reply: Allocation Received - Sept Build