Sponsored by:

My Journey to 991.2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 02:07 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

I am just going to add this as a note. I was going to order the Carrera metallic white. Had it on the sheet. Saw one in person outside at a dealership, not far from a regular white
one. I could not tell the difference from more than 24 inches. The light changed from sunny to cloudy, and I just could not tell. So I got the regular white. Porsche makes the metallic
so fine as to look like a really high quality paint, but its so fine that it looks like a non metallic paint. But Im guessing with a 180k build you're not going to care about $700
Old 03-06-2018, 07:07 AM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OldGuy
I am just going to add this as a note. I was going to order the Carrera metallic white. Had it on the sheet. Saw one in person outside at a dealership, not far from a regular white
one. I could not tell the difference from more than 24 inches. The light changed from sunny to cloudy, and I just could not tell. So I got the regular white. Porsche makes the metallic
so fine as to look like a really high quality paint, but its so fine that it looks like a non metallic paint. But Im guessing with a 180k build you're not going to care about $700
Thank you so much for taking some of your time to post a suggestion! I love this kind of suggestions that encourages me to save money! I have plenty of time to decide (I think...) and I'm planning to visit a local dealership to see the difference. Good to see another white Porsche fan! =D

Quick Reply: My Journey to 991.2 GT3