Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Journey to 991.2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 11:26 AM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you so much for providing reference pics @Bossing!

You know, sometimes, I wish Porsche didn't bombard us with myriads of choices... Everything looks good and everything feels right (except for some few exceptions).
Old 03-02-2018, 11:51 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

The dark/black wheels don't show off the beautiful wheel , to my eye with the black tire and black wheel combo never been a fan of the look
much prefer the classic silver cup car look on a white car (obviously)
another benefit to smoking package with the additional 12v plug is the door over opening, my dealer install of the 9500ci system put the read out there , so
one flips the door closed if one is having a visit with your Pal Leo.
looks to be a sweet GT3

oh yea lites should match up wheel finish
Old 03-02-2018, 12:14 PM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
The dark/black wheels don't show off the beautiful wheel , to my eye with the black tire and black wheel combo never been a fan of the look
much prefer the classic silver cup car look on a white car (obviously)
another benefit to smoking package with the additional 12v plug is the door over opening, my dealer install of the 9500ci system put the read out there , so
one flips the door closed if one is having a visit with your Pal Leo.
looks to be a sweet GT3

oh yea lites should match up wheel finish
Oh gosh... Now I'm torn... When I look at pictures of 911R with Satin Aluminum wheels, Bi-Xenon headlights seems dark and it looked good to me.

Source: https://www.carscoops.com/2016/03/ne...orvette-grand/

This is a 911R with LED Headlights in Black with Porsche Dynamic Light System and Satin Alumnium Wheels...

Source : http://www.meritpartners.com/feature...-porsche-911r/

Why you do this Porsche?
Old 03-02-2018, 12:24 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

^ hey Your the guy buying it , order what pleases u most , and the crowd will still cheer and if not , not to worry .
Old 03-02-2018, 12:48 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

ReadyEddie=TomMcParland?
Old 03-02-2018, 12:57 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Only admin can check if IP address the same.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by CAlexio
ReadyEddie=TomMcParland?
Old 03-02-2018, 01:00 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 175 Posts

ReadyEddie=TomMcParland?
Doesn't seem likely. I mean... none of this suggests that contacting Tom is of any value in getting a car.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:00 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 296 Likes on 143 Posts

ReadyEddie=TomMcParland?
Right? Every post saying he was not promoting him keep mentioning the full name as subliminal promoting...
Old 03-02-2018, 01:08 PM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Originally Posted by GT3

Right? Every post saying he was not promoting him keep mentioning the full name as subliminal promoting...
...yea cause I get some sort of brownie points by promoting him. =/ sorry i'm not sorry for clarifying the intention of this thread. feel free to ignore this thread and move on, buddy.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:51 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

ReadyEddie=TomMcParland?
I was wondering the same thing. Did you notice how in the first like 10 responses to people's criticisms he either restated the website address or the name of Tom McParland? I was getting a chuckle after the third or fourth time he did it, thinking we had another skilled troller working the RL room.

Last edited by Archimedes; 03-02-2018 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:31 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,968 Likes on 1,926 Posts

looking at your build - have you seen the transmission tunnel in leather on an actual 911? when I went and saw it I decided to save the $1000'ish $$$ - it's nice if there are back seats, but with the LWBS you'll never see it and no one will ever be back there - the entire trim is behind the seats

good choices on the steering wheel case in leather - you will see/touch that every day

recommend getting the sun visors in something other than "stock" - again this is something you will see/touch most every time your in the car and will regret cheap'ing out…
Old 03-02-2018, 02:38 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

recommend getting the sun visors in something other than "stock" - again this is something you will see/touch most every time your in the car and will regret cheap'ing out…

Funny you say this. I was cursing out my Alcantara ones' because I decided the other day to take off the Airbag stickers on the visors. Used rubbing alcohol, sponge, and mucho paciencia. Was not my first Rodeo doing this but a PIA with the Alcantara. Came out great but took over 30 min each visor.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:38 PM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
looking at your build - have you seen the transmission tunnel in leather on an actual 911? when I went and saw it I decided to save the $1000'ish $$$ - it's nice if there are back seats, but with the LWBS you'll never see it and no one will ever be back there - the entire trim is behind the seats

good choices on the steering wheel case in leather - you will see/touch that every day

I appreciate your helpful suggestions. You know, I was just calling Porsche to see whether "Steering Column Casing in Leather: XNS" comes with platinum grey stitching like the example picture on the configuration. I've been getting conflicting answers from the dealers and it would be a great help if you know. Otherwise, I'm just gonna take it off since, I really don't wanna pay $3500 to get Interior trim package with decorative stitching and embroidery in deviated thread... That would be horrible.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:48 PM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D

Funny you say this. I was cursing out my Alcantara ones' because I decided the other day to take off the Airbag stickers on the visors. Used rubbing alcohol, sponge, and mucho paciencia. Was not my first Rodeo doing this but a PIA with the Alcantara. Came out great but took over 30 min each visor.
I saw Matt Moreman's thread on removing the warning sticker! It still leaves marks, but I would like the cleaner look.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:52 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Unless any of you expert internet detectives have any evidence (not anecdotal nor inferences) that support a claim that the OP is not who he says he is, I'm going to suggest you welcome him here and treat him with respect.

If he's not who he says he is, well, have at it. In the meantime, let's stop the piling on, please.

Quick Reply: My Journey to 991.2 GT3