Sponsored by:

My Journey to 991.2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 10:41 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ReadyEddie
Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm already making mistakes (as you can see from the comments), but I will definitely try to be helpful to this community.
Well good thing for those mistakes as you will likely learn from them and now it's confirmed you are human . And remember there are always some folks that know all so not to worry and carry on . If you don't get a couple of bruises you're not playing hard en uff , ain't no candy @SS crowd here this is the GT club

Hey Nice title revision as I said, sure hope it completes with new keys in hand ,and thanks for
taking the time to join in and share it
Old 03-02-2018, 10:48 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Congrats on the car and welocme to RL....as you can see it can be a brutal crowd but that's part of the enjoyment.....

In one aspect it doesn't matter what you paid as it's really no ones business.....on the other hand disclosing that info is really beneficial for members looking for a car and seeing what the true market is for them.....
Old 03-02-2018, 10:50 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Oh I FORGOT! My Porsche Code is: PJ66G371
Whoa ~35k in options.... but that will look pristinely stunning! Like fine linen in & out. And Carrara White is a nice color!

Not adding the free Smoking Pkg specifically to get that extra 12-v socket?

Old 03-02-2018, 10:53 AM
Cormid
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Will car be tracked or boulevarded?
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Oh I FORGOT! My Porsche Code is: PJ66G371
Nice build.

I would possibly reconsider the Transmission tunnel in leather and maybe go with the cheaper headlights because you wheels will be Satin Aluminum so I like the lighter headlights.
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
LOL. It this is just a guy that paid ADM to get an allocation... well... let's drop this whole thread and just join him in his excitement in waiting for the car.

Hey ReadyEddie... tell us about the spec!!! What are you getting??
It's funny how you are keep focusing on how much I paid or what kind of deal I got when you clearly missed the point of the thread. I know I know. I need to stop fueling trolls. I can already tell it's beginning of a beautiful friendship.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:54 AM
Akunob

Received 898 Likes on 569 Posts

That's a nice build, checked all the key boxes! Please post pics when it arrives!
Old 03-02-2018, 10:56 AM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bossing
Whoa ~35k in options.... but that will look pristinely stunning! Like fine linen in & out. And Carrara White is a nice color!

Not adding the free Smoking Pkg specifically to get that extra 12-v socket?
I did add free smoking package (OF COURSE I DID~) and from the pictures I've seen from Rennlist, I love how Carrera White Metallic gives off that blue hue in certain light setting.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:59 AM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cormid
Will car be tracked or boulevarded?
It all depends! I plan to keep it for good and pass it onto my future family!
Old 03-02-2018, 11:01 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

I did add free smoking package (OF COURSE I DID~) and from the pictures I've seen from Rennlist, I love how Carrera White Metallic gives off that blue hue in certain light setting.
Yeah I saw the black hole on the config but I see it now.... in that long list that's why!

Carrara is one my favorite light-white colors... under sunlight or bright light it certainly sparkles.

How about the standard non-black LED w/ PDLS option instead so that it matches your theme? Unless of course you purposely chose the black one to show the stark contrast?
Old 03-02-2018, 11:06 AM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bossing
Yeah I saw the black hole on the config but I see it now.... in that long list that's why!

Carrara is one my favorite light-white colors... under sunlight or bright light it certainly sparkles.

How about the standard non-black LED w/ PDLS option instead so that it matches your theme? Unless of course you purposely chose the black one to show the stark contrast?
I've watched the video of Matt Moreman's Sapphire Blue GT3 when he swapped out his regular PDLS for Black PDLS and I honestly thought it looks better since it's less "chromy". I have yet to see the difference in person since dealership I've visited didn't have many black PDLS on white 911's. What are your thoughts?
Old 03-02-2018, 11:16 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 310 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I would possibly reconsider the Transmission tunnel in leather and maybe go with the cheaper headlights because you wheels will be Satin Aluminum so I like the lighter headlights.
I understand the logic but I don't think it actually carries over to reality. I've honestly not seen a picture of a car with the silver lights that I didn't think would look better with the black ones.

If I have a suggestion, it would be to go with the Platinum wheels instead of Aluminum on the white car. It looks like a great spec though! I've got nothing to nitpick!

It's funny how you are keep focusing on how much I paid or what kind of deal I got when you clearly missed the point of the thread. I know I know. I need to stop fueling trolls. I can already tell it's beginning of a beautiful friendship.
Sorry man. I meant my last post to be friendly and to dismiss the talk about the money to talk about the build. Not a troll.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:21 AM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
I understand the logic but I don't think it actually carries over to reality. I've honestly not seen a picture of a car with the silver lights that I didn't think would look better with the black ones.

If I have a suggestion, it would be to go with the Platinum wheels instead of Aluminum on the white car. It looks like a great spec though! I've got nothing to nitpick!

Sorry man. I meant my last post to be friendly and to dismiss the talk about the money to talk about the build. Not a troll.

But THEM White 911R'S SATIN ALUMINUM WHEELS THO!~ lol. It's a shame that I can never get to see what I want in person at the dealership so I just went with my guts. Thank you for your input! I still have a lot of time to adjust so I'll def keep that in mind!
Old 03-02-2018, 11:22 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

I've watched the video of Matt Moreman's Sapphire Blue GT3 when he swapped out his regular PDLS for Black PDLS and I honestly thought it looks better since it's less "chromy". I have yet to see the difference in person since dealership I've visited didn't have many black PDLS on white 911's. What are your thoughts?
It's all a matter of personal preference... can't go wrong with either IMO but I suggested the non-black LED since your theme is on the lighter/brighter/white'r side of things so the standard LED's would complement instead of contrast. No biggie really, just one vs. another.

Many of the white (or chalk) GT3.2 cars I have personally seen went with black LED's.... but as you can see their theme was to contrast. Plus they all had darker wheels.

Some examples of the GT3's I have seen and took pics of:

Personally, I stayed with the standard color (non-black) LED w/ PDLS on my GBM since I wanted it to complement the silver wheels.... I could have gone with black but then I likely would have to spec satin black wheels as well. It's all subjective and to me they look good either way anyway.
​​​​​​​
Old 03-02-2018, 11:23 AM
lisocayman
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

I’d personally would only go with black lights if you pick satin black wheels. Congrats on getting one. I too had a journey of finding one. I’m so happy to have my 2018 GT3 sitting beside my 3.6 987 cayman s.

Quick Reply: My Journey to 991.2 GT3