Sponsored by:

My Journey to 991.2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 10:24 AM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
To be fair, McParland is an auto broker first. He writes about his experiences as an auto broker.

This story has more holes than a block of swiss cheese though. I'm sure it's all true, but it's utterly useless as an "Allocation Guide".

This "guide" says "Hey... call Tom... he'll get you an allocation".

It doesn't say anything about how much he's paying or where it's coming from.

It's a nice story, ReadyEddie, and I'm happy you're getting an allocation. Some more details would be nice though. All I'm getting from this is that everything you did on your own was a waste of time and Tom got you an allocation at some price.
I honestly thought it doesn't matter where I'm getting the car or what kind of deal I got. I just wanted to record what happened along the way and it was not my intention to indirectly promote Tom McParland. All I wanted to say was I was able to find an allocation by not giving up on it.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:25 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

hey ReadyEddie welcome to the RL playground , remember play nice don't go whacking anyone with that avatar golf club , great first post .
and Congrats sure hope becomes a reality , enjoy the journey :cheers
deal detail sure key and a tad lite
Old 03-02-2018, 10:26 AM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bossing
Ditto. After (and even while) reading through all the long-winded minutia, these were also my exact thoughts & questions.... so how much, how much over, and where? Why not reveal that....

Plus as stated, getting those diecast & book gifts is NOT a telltale sign that one WILL be able to get a GT3.2

Anyway GL!
I honestly don't understand why those numbers matter when I was not promoting Tom McParland in any way. I just wanted to share how I was able to find allocation through other people's help.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:28 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

I think you are trying to be sincere. Regardless of the story, congrats on you allocation.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:29 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 310 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by ReadyEddie
I honestly thought it doesn't matter where I'm getting the car or what kind of deal I got. I just wanted to record what happened along the way and it was not my intention to indirectly promote Tom McParland. All I wanted to say was I was able to find an allocation by not giving up on it.
Under the topic of "Allocation Guide" it's actually the only thing that matters.

Anyone can get an allocation if they're willing to pay ADM. You don't need an auto broker to help with that. If you didn't know that and posted up here the revelation that "Hey guys! If you're willing to pay $30k over MSRP you can get an allocation!" we'd all collectively sigh and then continue with our lives. We might mock you a little in good fun.

Now if Tom was able to get you an allocation for MSRP, then that's some good info people would find valuable. Your line about not getting a favourable outcome seems to suggest that didn't happen though.

So what happened? How much are ADM are you paying? What did Tom charge you to find you an allocation with ADM (which you could have found here for free)?
Old 03-02-2018, 10:29 AM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
hey ReadyEddie welcome to the RL playground , remember play nice don't go whacking anyone with that avatar golf club , great first post .
and Congrats sure hope becomes a reality , enjoy the journey
Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm already making mistakes (as you can see from the comments), but I will definitely try to be helpful to this community.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:32 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

I honestly don't understand why those numbers matter when I was not promoting Tom McParland in any way. I just wanted to share how I was able to find allocation through other people's help.
You stated "Journey" and claimed "GT3 Guide".... IMO those are some key indicators of how much (pardon the pun) the struggle is in landing an allocation especially for a non-VIP / non-repeat / new client.

Many of us also fall in that realm... I know I did. I wasn't able to land a new .1GT3 nor a .1RS at msrp before. But I did my time and stayed faithful to a local dealership that gave me the opportunity.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:32 AM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Under the topic of "Allocation Guide" it's actually the only thing that matters.

Anyone can get an allocation if they're willing to pay ADM. You don't need an auto broker to help with that. If you didn't know that and posted up here the revelation that "Hey guys! If you're willing to pay $30k over MSRP you can get an allocation!" we'd all collectively sigh and then continue with our lives. We might mock you a little in good fun.

Now if Tom was able to get you an allocation for MSRP, then that's some good info people would find valuable. Your line about not getting a favourable outcome seems to suggest that didn't happen though.

So what happened? How much are ADM are you paying? What did Tom charge you to find you an allocation with ADM (which you could have found here for free)?
I changed the title of the thread. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:34 AM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

You said "Journey".... IMO those are some key indicators of how much (pardon the pun) the struggle is in landing an allocation especially for a non-VIP / non-repeat / new client.

Many of us also fall in that realm... I know I did. I wasn't able to land a new .1GT3 nor a .1RS at msrp before. But I did my time and stayed faithful to a local dealership that gave me the opportunity.
I changed the title of the thread to not mislead anyone that it is a "guide". I'm sorry for the misunderstanding I have caused.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:35 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

No problem. And welcome to RL.

Incidentally, if Tom was genuinely helpful to you and got you a decent deal, you should still post that info. His phone will be ringing off the hook. I'm sure he'd appreciate it.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:36 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Tough crowd RL, tough crowd. Way to roll out the welcome wagon
Old 03-02-2018, 10:37 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Tough crowd RL, tough crowd. Way to roll out the welcome wagon
LOL. It this is just a guy that paid ADM to get an allocation... well... let's drop this whole thread and just join him in his excitement in waiting for the car.

Hey ReadyEddie... tell us about the spec!!! What are you getting??
Old 03-02-2018, 10:38 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

I changed the title of the thread to not mislead anyone that it is a "guide". I'm sorry for the misunderstanding I have caused.
So what's your spec/build? It'll be worth the wait!
Old 03-02-2018, 10:38 AM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Wink

No problem. And welcome to RL.

Incidentally, if Tom was genuinely helpful to you and got you a decent deal, you should still post that info. His phone will be ringing off the hook. I'm sure he'd appreciate it.
I'm still new to Rennlist and I don't know what this forum's policy on promotion or advertisement so I chose not to disclose such information. 'cause after all, you can't put a price on your dream, can you? XD
Old 03-02-2018, 10:41 AM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

So what's your spec/build? It'll be worth the wait!
Oh I FORGOT! My Porsche Code is: PJ66G371

Quick Reply: My Journey to 991.2 GT3