Sponsored by:

GT3 RS 991.2 or GT2 RS 991

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 11:52 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts
Thumbs up

Since the GT3 will always be a permanent resident of my garage, the difference in performance adding a GT3RS would be minimal, so I would choose the GT2RS hands down.
The difference in Mid-Range Torque created by the Turbo-Charger is enormous, which is why the performance of even the new TC'd Carrera Porsches, with their smaller
displacement engines (C2S, C4S, GTS) are punching way above their weight into GT3 Laptimes on many tracks. IMHO, the Mid-Range Acceleration Torque push goes a
long way into compensating for the lost precision and immediate responsiveness of NA engines. If I did not have my GT3, and were limited to choosing only between the 3RS
and 2RS, that would be a far more difficult call, but I'd have to pick the 3RS, as both the GT3 and 3RS have been, by far, the MOST enjoyable Porsches I have ever owned.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:02 PM
mazer327
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sold my GT3 RS knowing I would be getting the GT2. I think a lot of it depends on what else is in your garage. If you have nothing else, I think it's a much tougher decision.

I'm a huge NA fan. This will be my first turbo...ever. I had to get it to try what the new turbos are like. The old ones with turbo lag seemed a bit silly to me. Useful, but silly.

With the other options I have in the garage, the GT2 is the clear winner for me.

Also, Zoran - Given up on cup cars? Are you crazy?? At the track, there is very little out there that compares. It is an AMAZING car and I love my 991 cup for the track.
I don't even bring out my other cars any more b/c they make no sense to track when I can use the cup instead.
Only other car I bring out to the track now is the 458 spider, and that is only when the track will let me drift. Don't give up on cup cars. They are too damn good!

Quick Reply: GT3 RS 991.2 or GT2 RS 991