Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Things to do with a GT3 Touring near Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 08:11 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 239 Posts

This website should be on your list of favorites. Type in any zip code and see what's coming up in the area. They list all kinds of car shows, HPDE days, autocross, etc. Atlanta zip you can use is 30307

https://www.motorsportreg.com/

HPDE groups include Chin, JustTrackIt, Jzilla, MVP Track Time and Dave Murray to name a few.

I'm an exit away from Road Atlanta... 30min from Atlanta Motorsports Park and 3 hours from Barber. You can also go to Roebling Road down in Savannah if you're adventurous. Depending on your timing and which way you are headed, Charlotte Motor Speedway and the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY might be options too.

The must-see event Alan mentions above is Caffeine and Octane. This is a VERY EARLY MORNING on the first Sunday of every month and (almost) always runs rain or shine. It's grown to be what is now most likely the largest monthly car show in the world. Think of just about any car, truck, bike and it has probably made an appearance there. It's a sensory overload for a gear head. Best part is that it's totally free.

PM me if you need someone to hang with or cruise. Southern hospitality is not just a legend.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:26 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Let me know what places you visit and how the experience goes, I'm doing November delivery. Congratulations!
Old 02-13-2018, 01:46 PM
_fletch
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoJoe
This website should be on your list of favorites. Type in any zip code and see what's coming up in the area. They list all kinds of car shows, HPDE days, autocross, etc. Atlanta zip you can use is 30307

https://www.motorsportreg.com/

HPDE groups include Chin, JustTrackIt, Jzilla, MVP Track Time and Dave Murray to name a few.

I'm an exit away from Road Atlanta... 30min from Atlanta Motorsports Park and 3 hours from Barber. You can also go to Roebling Road down in Savannah if you're adventurous. Depending on your timing and which way you are headed, Charlotte Motor Speedway and the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY might be options too.

The must-see event Alan mentions above is Caffeine and Octane. This is a VERY EARLY MORNING on the first Sunday of every month and (almost) always runs rain or shine. It's grown to be what is now most likely the largest monthly car show in the world. Think of just about any car, truck, bike and it has probably made an appearance there. It's a sensory overload for a gear head. Best part is that it's totally free.

PM me if you need someone to hang with or cruise. Southern hospitality is not just a legend.
Wow motorsportreg is my new favorite page on the internet!! Thanks to you and the others that have posted really constructive ideas. I've now got some great road ideas to break in the car and now know how to find track events. I'll post back once I firm up my plans and hopefully cross paths with some of you!
Old 02-13-2018, 10:36 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by _fletch
I'm finally getting my touring early March, and since I am doing the PEC delivery I thought I might leave the car in Atlanta for a couple of months to explore the area.

Does anybody have any recommendations of good track day/hpde companies, or tracks that run open days in the area? I figure there's at least half a dozen great tracks within a few hours of Atlanta. Besides RA and AMP, where do the locals go? Although I have quite a bit of W2W racing experience I've actually never done a track day...

Any other misc advice of nice drives or other things around the area appreciated too!
‘you will love the GA mountains Helen GA like some said 400 will take you to the mountains. Spent many days up there in the RS ........weekends are great start early 0630, and some great views. Enjoy be safe.

Quick Reply: Things to do with a GT3 Touring near Atlanta