Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 01:49 AM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
Listen, of course it's his decision, but s public forum and its members gain important info, when we Rennlisters post transaction prices. I see no downside to share this info, but only an upside and Rennlisters can make more educated decisions. As far as the name, in general people handed financial dynasties are far removed from reality. Maybe if Graham knew how much 20k or higher meant to some members, he might reconsider his decision. It's just as annoying of the secret squirrels in the PTS not disclosing their color. Another prime example on how to NOT help a Rennlister.
Just FYI, i have paid 20k plus over multiple times for Porsche products. I know the feeling, i know it well. Perhaps more than you think, and perhaps in this case. I was one guy who paid a huge premium for a UV RS 991.1 and didn’t get out well, so i get that end too.

At the end of the day though, the market is what the buyers also set. Right now I know a lot of buyers are willing to pay the high premiums, i know one Lava car sold for 50k over in SoCal. I also know there are cars that can be had at msrp, particularly with sofa seats or pdk.

I wasnt an msrp buyer for this car. I was over. But i bought it because i need it for my business, commitment to development and marketing, and because therefore i was willing to play ball in a small way.

My last name didn’t get me this one at sticker. Bummer. 😔
Old 02-03-2018, 02:04 AM
Gef3rd
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 13 Posts

10k ADM is a very good price. This info helps other Rennlisters come up with a reasonable number to negotiate with the dealer. No dog in the fight for me, I already have my .2 allocation and pre traded my .1
Just want Rennlisters have an advantage over the non Rennlisters
Make sense. ?
You misread his post. He stated he bought it at $10K below MSRP, not above.

I have no idea if the OP is in the family business, or even what business that is. I can tell you, based on stories from several friends, that working in the family business is no piece of cake. It sounds simple and an easy road to success. It's not. Imagine having your career predetermined, having to live up to the family name and expectations, and working for one or both of your parents. No matter what success you bring to the company, you never get your fair share of the credit. Usually the patriarch runs it his way, has success doing so, and is not open to new ideas or ways to do things. It can be disheartening waiting until it becomes "your turn" to run the business.

So unless you walk in somebody else's shoes, it's really not fair to make assumptions.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:20 AM
go-ran
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

0to60...your straight up rude. Selling or buying prices do not need to be discussed in the open to "help" the rennlist comminity. And you throwing allegations like you did about the OP just makes people share less thus having a reverse effect.

Im sure if Graham wasnt a forum sponsor or a stand up guy that he is he would tell you to sit on it.

Old 02-03-2018, 02:23 AM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Gef3rd

You misread his post. He stated he bought it at $10K below MSRP, not above.

I have no idea if the OP is in the family business, or even what business that is. I can tell you, based on stories from several friends, that working in the family business is no piece of cake. It sounds simple and an easy road to success. It's not. Imagine having your career predetermined, having to live up to the family name and expectations, and working for one or both of your parents. No matter what success you bring to the company, you never get your fair share of the credit. Usually the patriarch runs it his way, has success doing so, and is not open to new ideas or ways to do things. It can be disheartening waiting until it becomes "your turn" to run the business.

So unless you walk in somebody else's shoes, it's really not fair to make assumptions.
Appreciate that. I didn’t pay under, i was being sarcastic.

Truth is this. I work for my dad, in the sense i drive for him in Indycar. However, i do all the heavy lifting, he will tell you that, my frequent flyer miles will tell you that (40,000 Miles in the continental US in January alone), and media members will tell you that. I came from a family that has had success, but nothing was given, all was earned. It doesn’t need to be explained, but i have worked hard to get where i am, driving for other teams for most of my career, finally earning a drive with Team Penske for Daytona, Sebring etc. I don’t need to sit and defend myself, i know how hard I work, i know the person i am, and i am proud of what we have started and won’t stop until the day i die. My wife says i work too much, I’m driven to succeed and refuse to fail whether that be racing, dealerships, or the new performance business!

I work this performance business day in and out myself. I run it whether I’m there or on the road. I am excited about what we have started, but again i am focused on improving the industry and sharing my passion with all of you who love the same things!
Old 02-03-2018, 02:34 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by binky
Skittles you seem to have to much time on your hands.
Or too much alcohol in the belly this Friday night. Or both.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:36 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Posting actual transactions prices help prospective buyers on Rennlist. I posted my complete transaction, in order to help people. Am I incorrect that your riches have nothing to do with your family name. Owning a 911R and a new GT3 puts you into the one percent. Again how can you help the common Rennlisters with declaring the transaction price. Plenty on this forum help out, but even now and then there is that secret squirrel that won't share transaction price.
so then why do you care if he is a one percenter. And seriously name calling, how old are you. I thought this was a car forum not middle school.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:38 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Yea lots of time on my hands. I'm retired but work in the Nevada Treasure office, audits. We go after the car cheats that reside here in NV, those that have those Montana plates.
oh so you aren’t here to really help the rennlisters, you are here to leverage this forum to go after people. Your true skittles have been revealed.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:32 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 781 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by GRPerformance

Wow. I’m shocked you feel it necessary to be so rude, completely uncalled for.

I always believe in privacy, out of respect for my friends who work at the dealerships (various stores), and don’t find it necessary to tell exactly what i paid.

Always happy to help fellow Rennlisters acquire cars and get the best deals, but i certainly hope others wont treat me or anyone, talk to anyone with such a disgraceful tone, or claim they’re somebody and something they’re not when you do not even know them.

Hope you feel good about yourself, it’s a shame people find it necessary to act like that.

No ones business what you transacted for. I wouldn't tell this forum either.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:52 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 831 Likes on 381 Posts

Hey you are rich, living of the family name, must be nice.
Am I incorrect that your riches have nothing to do with your family name. Owning a 911R and a new GT3 puts you into the one percent.
As far as the name, in general people handed financial dynasties are far removed from reality. Maybe if Graham knew how much 20k or higher meant to some members, he might reconsider his decision.
I would love to follow in my fathers footsteps if he were rich. Better than the "rat race" just to stay alive.
Congrats. You exemplify the absolute worst of modern society. Resenting others' success and belittling them to make you feel better about your own lack of success. I would hate to be you. I'm shocked you haven't been banned.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:53 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,223 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by texascarlover
No ones business what you transacted for. I wouldn't tell this forum either.
Agree 100%.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:05 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 94 Posts

I forget, lots of 1% here. Sure some here came from nothing, but most born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Resent it ? Yea sure, who wouldn't want to be born into money.
Dude, go back to your audits and chasing the “crooks” with Montana LLC’s. The fact you have time to waste on Rennlist talking trash to a very successful Indycar driver and disparage his family while already owning a 991.2 GT3 puts you into the 1% worldwide too. The ungrateful percentage of that as well.

Leave Graham alone and go outside and drive your car.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:27 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Another thread I should have skipped.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:02 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 337 Likes on 172 Posts

Lichtgrun is such an interesting color. You won't see many of these on the road, but anyone within 10 miles of her has a good chance of spotting her. I like it. Congrats!

Old 02-03-2018, 01:03 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

No one has any obligation to reveal anything about their transaction. Period. If a buyer wants to disclose the details, that's wonderful for the community as a data point, but people should not be bullied into doing so.

0to60, please check your PM inbox.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:55 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

You Graham daddy protecting him, what a joke. Yes I have a .2 on order, but admit I live paycheck to paycheck. In reality I can't afford the car, but with a large loan, it's possible.

Maybe you need a financial advisor or someone willing to slap your hand.

Maybe you should have better planning for your finances, or lack of them.

"Paycheck to paycheck" ..?? Your choice, but don't slam those who make better choices

Quick Reply: Lichtgrun GT3 arrived